Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:12 AM

602 posts, read 2,034,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

We would be a match made in hell then lol. I used to live in Key West. We had a margharittaville ....*chokes self*

But, I do agree that music scenes can be a lifestyle. I've dated one man that wasn't into music or my scenes. It was a very cerebral relationship, which I enjoyed, but we were too different in the end. So, I wouldn't date anyone because of music, but most of my relationships have been with people that are into the same things I am.
Great point! I'm really into punk and electronic music, but it seems like a lot, (not all) of the girls I've met who are, usually are covered in tats and have purple hair or are just "too hip" for me in other ways.
Admittedly, I like Hawaiian shirts and I'm not a huge Buffett fan. The only thing in my look that I've copied from a musician is my Buddy Holly glasses. I'm a big fan of Buddy Holly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I would not based solely on music, but to flip the question I have definitely been turned off by women because of their music taste. Like this one girl who pretty much only listened to pop music (Britney / Rhianna / pussycat dolls/ etc), that is not going to work for me. It wasnt because she liked it, its because she didn't like anything else. My music needs some depth, and my women do too.
You more or less summed up my feeling on this subject, especially the last line. I think the biggest issue is not whether you like the same music as your partner, but rather if you can respect your partner's different tastes and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 02:47 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If you see me with a set of headphones on, my pants sagging down to my knees, my cap on sideways and I'm playing with my crotch, you know that i am a playa and if you gonna be wit me you betta be ghetto! Biatch!!!!
Hahaha quit scratching your brains! No doubt, yo a player!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships