Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:00 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,201 times

Advertisements

Just a question, I could as long as it was not religious music 24/7, but then again the women I date are quite the opposite of the religious type.

I tend to listen to alot of house/deep-soulful house and most women I have met say that my image and my musical taste don't match which makes it easier for them to want to date me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 02:32 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
It makes it easier for women to want to date you because your image & music taste don't match? Huh?

I would not date someone solely based on music taste (or any one factor), but when I first meet someone I can be drawn to them more if we have similar taste. I like to go to shows a lot and listen to music all the time, so that's an interest I'd like to share with someone I date.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:38 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
No, there'd have to be some other sort of reason...like the sort of music I listen to, since I always wait for the woman to approach me. I don't chase.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:19 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Date someone just because of a music interest? Ahhhh...no.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,846,461 times
I would be more interested in a guy if he liked a lot of the same music I do, because I like a pretty unusual combination of genres, and it would be quite difficult to find someone interested in the same. Music is a big deal to me. If he were a complete mess otherwise, then no, of course this wouldn't be enough to keep it going.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
I would be more interested in a guy if he liked a lot of the same music I do, because I like a pretty unusual combination of genres, and it would be quite difficult to find someone interested in the same. Music is a big deal to me. If he were a complete mess otherwise, then no, of course this wouldn't be enough to keep it going.

Pretty much ditto here. The wide variety of music is a plus, and I dont listen to 'religious' stations or groups. But that doesnt mean I dont believe, I simply dont care for it. But then, I dont listen to rap either.
Music is everything to me, too. But that doesnt mean that as a music lover, a person HAS to like to every single type of it that exists. Theres a difference between 'liking' a type of genre, and 'having to' listen to it when we're someplace where its playing.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:55 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,178 times
i met a girl one time and i told her i like heavy metal
she said "yuk heavy metal" and that was the end of the conversation

to shoot someone down cause of a music they like is stupid

Old 06-01-2009, 08:01 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Generally, it's not much of an issue, unless it's folk music. When I say "folk music", I don't mean real folk music, but that New Age peacenik crap from the Sixties and Seventies. It's not an ideological objection -- there is just something about that genre that's like nails on a chalkboard to me. Joan Baez, that kind. And all the people I've seen who are into it are really into it. Back in the day, I decided to be open-minded and dated a guy who was a big fan. He played that s*** all the time. In his house. In his car. Thought if only I listen to it enough, I'll like it too. Gave me a headache. I bailed after a couple of days of this.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Would you date someone soley based on the music they listen to?
Absolutely not.

There's much more to dating and being attracted to someone other than just "Hey, she likes Emenem, I like Emenem. I think we'll get along just perfectly together".

Stupid.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
It depends on how much music is a part of their lives, If the radio is on non-stop on a station station I don't like, if they like going to concerts and bars to hear this kind of music every other weekend. If they self identify with the artist in this genre, If they want to drag me to Karaoke bars to watch them sing this music, There could be problems, I know a few African American men who like country music (no Lie) and it is a problem for their "in the club booty shak'n girl friends"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships