Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 03:46 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,889,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Eeeewwwww spill beans!!!
It was a long time ago. A guy from Texas. Desert_sun41 or something like that was his username. He had a story about a meetup that led to a few day affair. I don't even know if involved him or a friend, but whoever was involved couldn't live the shame of cheating on their spouse and told them what happened. It lead to a divorce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,160,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
It was a long time ago. A guy from Texas. Desert_sun41 or something like that was his username. He had a story about a meetup that led to a few day affair. I don't even know if involved him or a friend, but whoever was involved couldn't live the shame of cheating on their spouse and told them what happened. It lead to a divorce
Ouch!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,440,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Values like being disrespectful to women and putting down anyone who disagrees with you

You don't have a fan club of women here because your posts reek of your misogynist attitude, nothing more. It has nothing to do with your prudish, restrictive values.
Women need to act like women, and without entitlement issues, to be treated like ladies and to be respected.

My mantra is that feminism, post 1980 or so, is unnecessary and has helped the modern world get to the screwed up place it is now. Then, is it any wonder people wonder where chivalry went, as per other threads? Then, is it any wonder some degree of misogyny exists?

No one I know, in the New Millenium, flirts with feminists.

BTW, a fan club in cyberspace is kind of meaningless, right?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,244,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Then, is it any wonder some degree of misogyny exists?
I don't really see it off line. I think it's parsed up regionally, culturally, and by class as well.

Quote:

There's no shortage of feminist men out there. It just depends on the circles you run in.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,768,772 times
Quote:
Women need to act like women, and without entitlement issues, to be treated like ladies and to be respected.

My mantra is that feminism, post 1980 or so, is unnecessary and has helped the modern world get to the screwed up place it is now. Then, is it any wonder people wonder where chivalry went, as per other threads? Then, is it any wonder some degree of misogyny exists?

I don't care what your 'mantra' is. Feminists are everywhere in this modern society. You fail to understand a simple definition of the word, instead putting your own hateful spin on it and using the word as a weapon to fire your hatred at women.

Every single man I know both on and offline supports equality for women which is the essence of feminism. If you don't support equality then you are just one piece of work who was born in the wrong century.

And by the way, online people are freakin' real people you know...or maybe you can't differentiate between real people and your silly fantasies.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:20 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,440,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't care what your 'mantra' is. Feminists are everywhere in this modern society. You fail to understand a simple definition of the word, instead putting your own hateful spin on it and using the word as a weapon to fire your hatred at women.

Every single man I know both on and offline supports equality for women which is the essence of feminism. If you don't support equality then you are just one piece of work who was born in the wrong century.

And by the way, online people are freakin' real people you know...or maybe you can't differentiate between real people and your silly fantasies.
I support the right to:
- vote
- make your own reproductive health decisions
- equal work for equal pay
- may have forgotten one or two

What MORE do we need? Huh? Mostly, what it is today is about a) castrating men (false harassment claims) and b) making sure men are kept "in their place" and where women get positions to fill affirmative action quotas.

Yes, I can differentiate a lot. Including the fact that someone who is a feminist and an atheist is someone I'd rather not know. I like people who put their cultural and intellectual interests and accomplishments on the front burner as their "calling cards." Sorry.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Ouch!!!
Found the post I was referring to with a little digging.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/8765670-post57.html

A little temptation is all that it takes to get into a world of trouble in real life.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,172,698 times
Sounds good to me, who wants to hook up with me in Houston?

Old 05-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djuna View Post
i don't care what your 'mantra' is. Feminists are everywhere in this modern society. You fail to understand a simple definition of the word, instead putting your own hateful spin on it and using the word as a weapon to fire your hatred at women.

Every single man i know both on and offline supports equality for women which is the essence of feminism. If you don't support equality then you are just one piece of work who was born in the wrong century.

Quote:
i support the right to:
- vote

what more do we need? Huh? Mostly, what it is today is about a) castrating men (false harassment claims) and b) making sure men are kept "in their place" and where women get positions to fill affirmative action quotas.

Yes, i can differentiate a lot. Including the fact that someone who is a feminist and an atheist is someone i'd rather not know. I like people who put their cultural and intellectual interests and accomplishments on the front burner as their "calling cards." sorry.
ibtl

Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,768,772 times
Quote:
I support the right to:
- vote
Then you are a feminist.

Welcome to the club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships