Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,667,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They haven't met yet, I think that's the problem. He doesn't know if they're going to click real life or not and she's talking about kids and marriage.
But not necessarily with him. I have no doubt that if they ever DID meet, it would take about three seconds to ascertain that he's not the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 03:24 PM

37,683 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If I was a Billionare my life would consist of

Having 3 Different Women Visit me during the week for indoor fun and when that wasn't happening I would be watching sports and talking about tv shows on the internet-lol
Well you ARE a gem. I don't know why the girls aren't falling all over you.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:26 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well you ARE a gem. I don't know why the girls aren't falling all over you.
Relationships are beneficial to women. Most women don't want to hear about if guy has a bad day at work.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:43 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,788,949 times
Quote:
Relationships are beneficial to women. Most women don't want to hear about if guy has a bad day at work.
Relationships are a two way street but that's a basic concept that anyone who's completely self centered could never grasp.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:46 PM

37,683 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
Obviously you've had some poor relationships. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,675,270 times
I think she is letting you know because she does not want to waste her time anymore with men maybe. I do not see anything wrong with her being honest and up front. By her telling you this and you not acting reversely towards it, that is telling her you feel the same way. So now you know she wants to get married and have kids, either run or stay. I would meet her, you might be turning something away that could be your life partner....never know. Does not hurt to meet her, after all you have been talking all this time with her. If the date goes bad, well that is it. At least you know, rather than second guessing yourself in the future!

Old 06-13-2009, 06:05 PM

623 posts, read 1,544,887 times
Quote:
I met this girl online in April and we have been chatting on the phone since then and supposed to meet next week but I'm a little uncomfortable her mentioning how she is at the age now(31) where she is looking to be married and have kids.

I really don't need to hear this because I think things should happen naturally. I don't want to talk about marriage when I haven't met you yet. And her references to us living together is something that makes me uncomfortable and seriously considering not meeting her.

Guys if you were me would you be turned off?
Sounds like a woman who's being honest to me. I personally wouldn't persue it, but kudos to her for making that choice. IMO relationships are equally about making the choice to settle down vs chemistry.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Telling you about wanting marriage and kids doesn't worry me too much. I think this woman is probably just worried about being in her 30s now and looking to not waste time. She might not want to get married right away or have kids right away--she could just be saying that in case you know you don't want those things. I understand that point of view but think it can really put unfair pressure on the other person.

If that was the only thing she said, I wouldn't be too concerned. Already talking about moving in together is what worries me.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:06 PM

276 posts, read 1,019,865 times
I can see how you would be turn off but you must understand that some women today are being told to weed out the men who are not marriage material, so they say right up front that they are seeking a relationship (s) that may lead to marriage/family/children and not just out here dating or seeking "booty calls".

Unfortunately in this day and time the art of courting is lost and that is a shame.

Whatever happened to meeting someone and falling in love?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:14 PM

10,836 posts, read 14,957,080 times
Quote:
I met this girl online in April and we have been chatting on the phone since then and supposed to meet next week but I'm a little uncomfortable her mentioning how she is at the age now(31) where she is looking to be married and have kids.

I really don't need to hear this because I think things should happen naturally. I don't want to talk about marriage when I haven't met you yet. And her references to us living together is something that makes me uncomfortable and seriously considering not meeting her.

Guys if you were me would you be turned off?
Yes and no.

Unseemly hearing it when she hasn't even met you yet. Heck, she doesn't even know you.

But then her clock is ticking and to be a mommy is a natural thing for a woman. She just got the cart before the horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships