Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:14 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,175,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You do know a guy can always LIE about his future goals just so he can have SEX with her and never call her again right? So a woman bringing up that she wants to be married is not always going to accomplish anything
Oh, TVSG, who do you think you're dealing with here? Ummmm...yah, hi welcome to my world!! Of COURSE I know. If I had a dollar for every (usually younger) guy who was only after me for sex and tried to lie his way into getting it, I'd be rich, you don't have to even mention marriage for that to happen. Usually after a while we as women develop a type of radar and can tell after a while who is, well, a scheister, and who isn't. It's a good reason to not jump into the sack too quickly, that's for sure!! Many times they don't even lie they just come right out and say they just want to do you!!

You would think they'd be smart enough to a least try to lie to ya!! (Kind of reminds me of a line in a Sheryl Crow song...lie to me, I promise, I'll believe).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
So from this point on any women I talk to on the phone who askes me about marriage or do I want k,ids I'm hanging up the phone

Eh, whatever, just remember that just like with men, there are really two basic kinds of women: those who want a ltr/kids, usually meaning marriage, and those who don't. There are some women who don't want kids, it's not just a male phenomenon.

With that being said, if you absolutely don't ever want that, you're fine. If you do, and you keep passing up people just because they express that as a long term goal, you might find yourself waking up alone more often than not, perhaps permanently if you close yourself off to possibilities...just saying, people seem to think they have an indefinite amount of time to find a partner and get married, and have kids, when the reality is that you may just wake up one day and find out it's not as easy as you think!!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,123,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Eh, whatever, just remember that just like with men, there are really two basic kinds of women: those who want a ltr/kids, usually meaning marriage, and those who don't. There are some women who don't want kids, it's not just a male phenomenon.

With that being said, if you absolutely don't ever want that, you're fine. If you do, and you keep passing up people just because they express that as a long term goal, you might find yourself waking up alone more often than not, perhaps permanently if you close yourself off to possibilities...just saying, people seem to think they have an indefinite amount of time to find a partner and get married, and have kids, when the reality is that you may just wake up one day and find out it's not as easy as you think!!

If I was a Billionare my life would consist of

Having 3 Different Women Visit me during the week for indoor fun and when that wasn't happening I would be watching sports and talking about tv shows on the internet-lol

Old 06-13-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
If I was a Billionare my life would consist of

Having 3 Different Women Visit me during the week for indoor fun and when that wasn't happening I would be watching sports and talking about tv shows on the internet-lol
People will always screw people with money. Who knows, maybe if I was a billionaire, I would have twice that many men for indoor fun and spend the rest of my time watching sports the rest of the time, too!!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 AM

478 posts, read 2,306,327 times
Quote:
I met this girl online in April and we have been chatting on the phone since then and supposed to meet next week but I'm a little uncomfortable her mentioning how she is at the age now(31) where she is looking to be married and have kids.

I really don't need to hear this because I think things should happen naturally. I don't want to talk about marriage when I haven't met you yet. And her references to us living together is something that makes me uncomfortable and seriously considering not meeting her.

Guys if you were me would you be turned off?
She was expressing her desire. Now that you know that you are incompatible, you can move on. I'm sure she has.

It is not such a huge issue for people to be incompatible with regard to life goals. I, for one, am divorced and no longer interested in marriage ... and I've never been one for kids. As a result, I tend to be upfront with men right away about my proclivities. It has not once hurt my dating life.

If you find that someone is incompatible with you, just state the case and move on. It's just that simple.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:59 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,087,623 times
Quote:
I met this girl online in April and we have been chatting on the phone since then and supposed to meet next week but I'm a little uncomfortable her mentioning how she is at the age now(31) where she is looking to be married and have kids.

I really don't need to hear this because I think things should happen naturally. I don't want to talk about marriage when I haven't met you yet. And her references to us living together is something that makes me uncomfortable and seriously considering not meeting her.

She's letting you know in advance what she's looking for. If it's not what you are looking for, then you should say so and not agree to meet her but wish her well in her search.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,814,775 times
Quote:

Run for your life. She sounds way too needy.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
She's letting you know in advance what she's looking for. If it's not what you are looking for, then you should say so and not agree to meet her but wish her well in her search.
They haven't met yet, I think that's the problem. He doesn't know if they're going to click real life or not and she's talking about kids and marriage.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Apparently having fun in the sack is only on your mind.
I don't think that's fair. On line you really don't know someone all that well.

What's wrong with just meeting people who might be possibilities and finding out a whole lot more about them before starting to make decisions to settle down, make that person a life partner?

It sounds to me that this woman has developed a fantasy about her on-line friend. She has dreams of wedding bliss. She may be in love with the idea of love more than anything.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:14 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,123,301 times
I just send her email saying that I don't think we should meet face to face because I i't want kids and that sheshould talk to a guy who is looking for the same thing she is in the next 5 years.

Her conversations were starting to make me unomfortable and could no longer talk to her. If we had not met face to face and been on 3 dates it was no reason forher t say-"did you miss me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships