Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 AM

78,657 posts, read 60,852,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I had a heated discussion today with a few people regarding height and relationships. This woman came out and admitted she wants a guy taller than her(she is 5'9"). Her friend's argument was that a woman want's to feel like her boyfriend could protect her or beat someone up if needed. I took karate for a few years. I will admit that I took it hard. I took it hard because I am 5'5" and felt rather slighted. I can't accept certain things. I let her(and the other person) know that I don't think height should be an issue. If a girl is taller than me, it doesn't matter to me. I also questioned why should height matter at all. According to the other person, I might think a certain way, but finding a person who thinks like me is difficult. Personally, I can't help that some people are just judgmental. I can only work with being the height that I am.
I've met several women like this, it's just a preference thing and there is nothing you can do about it. I know two gals about 5'8 that only want guys >6' tall....and both of them are pushing 40 want kids but keep dating losers and d-bags. Especially as the dating scene gets picked over and you get older I find it an odd choice not to give ground on but again, it's thier call. (In the interest of equal time, I've some guy friends that would date a bi-polar meth addict if she was *hot enough*.)

Here is the key though....it doesn't matter and you aren't going to change someone. So, just find gals that are fine with shorter guys and don't worry about the others.

P.S. You might have luck hanging around more latinas, in my experience they tend to not be too height sensitive and then the fact that I think they are gorgeous too is probably biasing me a bit.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,669,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's a guy thing I like the idea that my girl's at least at eye level. But with six feet, I have to stand on a yellow pages book. With heels on, it's even more bizarre.

Poor midget me

But there are plenty of dudes over 6 2. I think you should be good
My boyfriend is 6'3, so no worries there

My shortest guy I've dated was 5'5 and the tallest was 6'10. The 5'5 guy was much nicer and just a better guy overall but he couldn't get past our height difference

Old 04-22-2010, 01:03 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,601,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

P.S. You might have luck hanging around more latinas, in my experience they tend to not be too height sensitive and then the fact that I think they are gorgeous too is probably biasing me a bit.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,801,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
You may not be concerned, but women are overly concerned about what others think, especially their "friends". So she's worried what her "friends" would think if they saw her with a guy was the same height, or shorter. Much of this height preference is really about what others would think if they saw her with you.

Be fortunate that very few men are as insecure as women are, and that men don't engage in such herd mentality.
Why should she even be worried about what others think? If they are going to talk down about her because the person she chooses is shorter than her, then they aren't really her friends.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:35 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,697,614 times
Im 5'6 135 pounds soaking wet. I use to get vagina whenever i wanted as long as i worked at it. Now though i have a real girlfriend who by the way is like an 8 in my opinion.

I wont argue that taller men have it easier but that doesent mean short guys have no shot at all. You can make any excuse that you want, but in the end you are at fault, not your height or the way you look.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,801,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've met several women like this, it's just a preference thing and there is nothing you can do about it. I know two gals about 5'8 that only want guys >6' tall....and both of them are pushing 40 want kids but keep dating losers and d-bags. Especially as the dating scene gets picked over and you get older I find it an odd choice not to give ground on but again, it's thier call. (In the interest of equal time, I've some guy friends that would date a bi-polar meth addict if she was *hot enough*.)

Here is the key though....it doesn't matter and you aren't going to change someone. So, just find gals that are fine with shorter guys and don't worry about the others.

That is how I think. My issue is finding the woman who thinks the same way as me on that subject.

As for hanging around Latinas, that all depends. My roommate is Latina and she is dating a guy who is 5'9". She is 4'11". Another thing to think about is race and ethnicity. I haven't seen any Hispanic women say they would never date Black men. With that said, I do have to think about that. I have heard that many Hispanic women do not like Black men. Then again, that is what I have heard from other people, not from Hispanic persons themselves. So in a way, I don't want to use race as a limiting factor in the dating scene.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:45 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,716,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's a guy thing I like the idea that my girl's at least at eye level. But with six feet, I have to stand on a yellow pages book. With heels on, it's even more bizarre.

Poor midget me

But there are plenty of dudes over 6 2. I think you should be good
I think it would be bizarre if you were wearing heels...

Old 04-22-2010, 02:54 PM

614 posts, read 1,378,404 times
Well unles he was in a Broadway play or something, yea that would still be weird but ehh.

haha

Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 PM

42 posts, read 79,313 times
First of all ...OF COURSE women prefer men taller than themselves. It is even understandable and makes logical sense to me that MOST (the overwhelming majority of women PREFER men who are TALL over men who are SHORT ...and for a number of reasons... most of them logical, some just a matter of preference ...which they're entitled to and I have no problem with.

Secondly... having said that ...I am SHORT! (HOW short? Umm... I'd say 5'3" ...doctors have said 5'4" but I prefer to say 5'3" cause the number really doesn't mean a thing to me. I could care less. I just know that I'm SHORT.

Now, regarding this thread, this nonsense is just soooo hilarious. I always laugh when I read nonsense like this. Yes there is some truth to some of this but primarily these are over generalizations I always like to tell people my height. I am not just short. 5'7' or 5'8" is short. Personally I am very short or even SUPER short.

I love telling people that and I love for people to see that. Most guys rather short or tall only WISH they could attract or get some of the women I've dated. It's sad that so many men, both short and tall are just so completely clueless about women. I've gotten more women by accident than MOST tall men have gotten on purpose. I've had quite a number of women who either left their much taller boyfriend for me or because of me or wanted to. But all that was over 5 years ago.

I'm ecstatically married now ...oh and my wife is 22 years younger than me. I'm older now (51) and have settled down permanently but (LOL) not only has dating never been a problem for me ...Never a BIG problem anyway.

My biggest problems have been that it took me so long to finally figure out just how to handle the women that I attracted or that were interested in me and not have them to lose interest because I moved so slow. In my late teens I finally started getting that aspect together and learning to take advantage of the numerous opportunities and create them anytime I wanted to. Victorian Punk asked for "actual evidence" to be shown to him. Well... If I had any real motivation to do so (which I don't) I've got pictures that back up all that I say. And if you really believe all that you say and want to put your money where your mouth is and wager a BET then perhaps we explore that "proof" concept a bit further.

But this issue, you, your opinions or none of this rises to the level of significance that would cause me to feel I should disclose personal photo's and video's of this short guy (me) with all types of hotties in all types of places doing what people who are really into each other do. (And NONE of these photo's are of me with my arm around some model at an event who obviously would take a photo with _anyone_). No, these are pics of dozens of different dates, girlfriends, and "bootie calls", women I've known and dated.

There are at least 100 men on my ex-job, a blue collar environment who don't believe these myths. If they ever did believe them they STOPPED believing them because of me. They saw for themselves when a bunch of females finally started showing up at the workplace to do temporary work, new ones coming and going daily.

Although most of the single men 75% TRIED to hit on the many single and available women that passed through NONE of them attracted as much attention or got nearly as many girls ...at will as I did. The very SHORTEST guy there. One rude awakening for a tall guy came was when he sneakily handed a sexy college student I was seeing, who was about to graduate from USC his business card and just wrote "call me" on it. He figured that since this cutie was ridiculously taller than me at 5'10" (and much younger, her 21, me about 41) that surely she would prefer to date him or would at least date him 'in addition' to me since it wasn't serious (though she wanted it to be). His awakening came when I handed the card back to him with a big grin saying "She told me to tell you she's not interested and ...who do you think you are?"

You may conclude: a) I am an exception so it doesn't disprove the rule. <Wrong> or b) That I am lying about everything I say and certainly could never prove any of it. <Wrong again, got pics, videos, audio recordings, friends (male and female) who would love to back it up> But WHY do I need to prove anything? I don't.

Am I just the most handsome guy around? Nope. Not at all. Rich? Nope. Very generous with my money? Nope. (Except with my wife now that I'm married?) So what is it? It is that I understand women and I know how to talk to them, how to treat them, how to play with them, how to make them laugh, how to show them a good time, how to communicate with them.

But seriously... its got to be more than that because I've gotten hot women quickly and easily with very few words and before they even had a chance to know I would be fun to be around. I feel so so so so sorry for all you men that see this getting women as a big problem (rather tall or short). I've traveled and picked up hot women who barely could understand my words. And no I'm not talking about any of these pathetic sex trips where men basically go and pick up 3rd world ho's, glorified prostitution. I'm talking about girls who are cute, hot, sexy, intelligent, educated, and have many other options before I came around. I am laughing yet I feel like crying because so many of you ...just don't 'get it' (pun intended). Wow!

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ont-stand.html

Last edited by wigirl920; 04-29-2010 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: fixed URL

Old 04-25-2010, 01:25 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,883,852 times
Cough cough ..this thread is literally choking me to death now lol .. heck am i doing in here lol ..geez ..back into my shell lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships