Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 11:07 PM

37,718 posts, read 46,158,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Yeah, I didn't know this was some special "method" that you have to vigorously study from a book and then employ like a war strategy, I've done this sort of thing all my life with guys, and have generally found them to be receptive...
Yep...all he had to do was just get up the guts to TALK...GOD knows he was told that endless times here. Apparently he wanted someone to script him a success story. As if.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 11:07 PM

232 posts, read 594,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
So....

You're comparing looking well groomed/attractive when you go out, to being manipulative?

Huge difference between putting on mascara I would guess to look like you're more awake by filling in part of the darker recesses of your eyes to putting on a wig, face-mask, platform shoes and having your body sucked of 200lbs of excess fat before you step outside.
I just saying, when a woman does those things like putting on makeup and doing their hair or wearing a push-up bra or revealing clothes, they are, as you said "put[ting] them or [themselves] in a position to be seen as something else."

A woman at 9 PM is not the same woman at 9 AM.

Girls/women's magazines are loaded with tonnes of articles on how to attract men or to get what they want out of a relationship, even if it's not necessarily beneficial to the man.

Why is it wrong for a man to learn the same?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Well, we've discussed that method before. It does have some valid points.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
I just saying, when a woman does those things like putting on makeup and doing their hair or wearing a push-up bra or revealing clothes, they are, as you said "put[ting] them or [themselves] in a position to be [b]seen/b] as something else."

Girls/women's magazines are loaded with tonnes of articles on how to attract men or to get what they want out of a relationship, even if it's not necessarily beneficial to the man.

Duh. Have you ever picked up a MEN'S magazine?? Are you for freakin' real? Cuz I just have a hard time believing that anyone is this stupid.

A train wreck doesn't even last THIS long.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,526,525 times
Why can't people just be themselves? What is there to gain, by being something like a facade?
How can one get what they want by being the very thing they don't want?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I'm 21. I'll start looking for "that perfect someone" when I'm 41.

When you say things "don't work"...what is your goal?

The only 21 year olds who will want you at 41 are the ones who want your wallet.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 PM

232 posts, read 594,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yep...all he had to do was just get up the guts to TALK...GOD knows he was told that endless times here. Apparently he wanted someone to script him a success story. As if.
Once again, I was never told I had to talk to a girl Over the Shoulder (body facing 45 degrees away from her with my face turned towards her) or that I should use False Time Constraints, or use Opinion Openers, or Neg (tease) the girl, or win the trust of her friends before I even talk to the one I'm interested. I was never told how to effectively and gracefully Demonstrate Higher Value (convey your qualities WITHOUT bragging).

I was told to waste money on dance classes and drinks.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Once again, I was never told I had to talk to a girl Over the Shoulder (body facing 45 degrees away from her with my face turned towards her) or that I should use False Time Constraints, or use Opinion Openers, or Neg (tease) the girl, or win the trust of her friends before I even talk to the one I'm interested. I was never told how to effectively and gracefully Demonstrate Higher Value (convey your qualities WITHOUT bragging).

I am a woman, and I wouldn't go to dance classes!
One of my friends, who is married, went to a dance class when single, and she said they had to partner up women with women, because there weren't enough men there!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:21 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,193,111 times
Quote:
I just saying, when a woman does those things like putting on makeup and doing their hair or wearing a push-up bra or revealing clothes, they are, as you said "put[ting] them or [themselves] in a position to be seen as something else."

A woman at 9 PM is not the same woman at 9 AM.

Can't say I've read any girl's/women's mags.

You're comparing true manipulation tactics on psychology to giving completely physical characteristics a touch-up to physically appear better.

Men do this as well. Think I look the same as I do now layin' mah chubby butt on my couch as I do once I've showered, shaved, groomed and dressed myself?

Gleaning why something is successful, recognizing aspects of it, is a far cry from using tactics to get someone in the sack, then eventually them finding out what you're saying/doing isn't actually you.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't have some weird merit. I am saying I find it sad that it would work, for them and you. You might get a more normal sex life from it, but I doubt the women that are taken in will be better off for it, or you're warped sense of how you then identify with them due to it working.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:

What is really sad here is how ridiculous you sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships