Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM

2,031 posts, read 5,046,415 times

Advertisements

Shoulder length or longer.. Just not down to her feet... there are aren't many women i have met who looked great with really short hair....besides, i like the feel of longer hair against my chest..huge turn on.. lol

Old 01-13-2010, 05:35 PM

133 posts, read 302,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Men say they want a woman to have long hair.

But I have noticed most of the women I see who are married have short hair.

So what gives? Do men prefer to marry women with short hair?

So, should those of us with longer hair cut it? Does that increase our odds of even finding a boyfriend?

Most men don't seem to care about it but they I think most men want long hair. I would never cut my hair again, I'm trying to grow it out to my waist I look horrible with short hair. I just don't think it looks feminine on me and short hair is harder to style and it takes more time and money to manage it.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:01 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,790,364 times
As I mentioned in another thread, I prefer short hair on most women. When I see an attractive woman with long hair, I think, "Oh hey, she's pretty hot." When I see an attractive woman with short hair, I think, "Whoa! Hello!" I'm not sure why I'm so attracted to women with short hair, but I am. That's probably why I find (some) soccer moms so attractive.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:08 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,307,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Women give up on themselves when they get married, hence short hair. Guys prefer long hair, trust me.
Nah. I'd rather trust my husband! I had long hair when I met him - he had a thing for short hair. So I cut it. Having had long hair all my life, and short for the last four years, I can honestly say that short hair is actually waaaay more time consuming to maintain and style than long hair. So saying that women "give up on themselves when they get married, hence short hair" is faulty logic. If I wanted to give up on myself I would grow my hair long back again so that I could just sqwoosh it back in a ponytail - two seconds, done.

I will agree with you that MOST men do seem to prefer long hair over short on women. Most. Not all.

The thing I have noticed is that a woman has to have a really feminine face in order carry short hair well. You can take less feminine-looking women and put long hair on them and it will improve their looks. Only a few woman can carry short hair well.

Last edited by sunshineleith; 01-14-2010 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: reworded some stuff as I wasn't trying to dis less-feminine-featured women!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 AM

437 posts, read 675,992 times
Quote:

So, should those of us with longer hair cut it? Does that increase our odds of even finding a boyfriend?
Most men like women with longer hair- it's a sign of feminity based partly on the old days when we didn't have MRI's and what not- long hair was a sign of health which is important to a mate.

Your words:

But I have noticed most of the women I see who are married (emphasis by Ameiko) have short hair.

Because at that point, they HAVE their guy by the legal short hairs and can cut their hair to look butch, gain weight, be mean, etc... the man can do nothing about it.

On a personal note, I LOVE long hair- especially on Asian women. The ebony waterfall cascading past bare, creamy skin is just dead sexy to me. A ex girlfriend of mine with long hair hacked off about 8 inches and asked what I thought about it... she wasn't happy with the answer but I wasn't going to lie- why encourage her to do something I don't want?

And we didn't break up over the hair btw- she wanted a deep, life long commitment and I didn't.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,711,109 times
I dont want a woman with short hair. I like feeling a womans hair on me. I dont want to feel like im haivng sex with some boy.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,366,893 times
The woman gains weight. Then, her hairstylist convinces her that a short cut will make her fatter face look slimmer.

But really instead, she should stop going to the stylist, and invest that saved money in a good gym membership.

Hair grows, woman loses weight, and everybody (except the stylist) is happy!

Problem...SOLVED!!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:17 PM

250 posts, read 912,643 times
Quote:

Haven't yet read the posts however I am a married woman with long hair which I happen to love. My friends ALL have shorter hair. Its a disease that occurs after you become a mom. You slash your beautiful hair for a more functional *mom cut*.

I think there are men who prefer long hair, and men who prefer short. To bag a husband I dont think you need to do anything to your hair unless YOU want to. Wear whatever you chose w/confidence. I have asked my male friends on whether I should cut my hair and they all 100% say no. Yet 100% of the girlfriends say I should

In the end your hair probably isn't a determining factor in whether one gets married though. Keep that in mind.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,125,664 times
Quote:
I agree, but my question wasn't whether some women look good with short hair or not...it is that if you look around, the women who are married have short hair.

How many women do you know at work who are married and have short hair? So, men must like to marry women with short hair, or, as Killer suggested, they cut it after the ring. They must cut out a lot of other things too...
I work with alot of married women who have medium length to long hair. Alot of married women I see also have longer hair. It's not like that everywhere.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I work with alot of married women who have medium length to long hair. Alot of married women I see also have longer hair. It's not like that everywhere.
Mine is a couple inches past my shoulders. I only cut it twice a year or so, and short cuts are higher maintenance. I had it very short once, and it was short when I got married. Sometimes I cut it to jaw length in the summertime, because my neck gets hot.

The only reason I'd consider cutting it now is that from years of wearing it clipped back, it's getting a little thin at the temples. I almost never wear my hair fully down. It gets in my face and I hate that. I've taken to wearing it in two braids lately, because it's so dry and staticky right now. My husband calls me Heidi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships