Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:58 PM

6 posts, read 8,977 times

Advertisements

I myself prefer long-haired women. I don't think many can pull off short hair, specially the pixie cut. But changes are welcome, sometimes.

It's a matter of preference. I know my uncle prefers short-haired women. So it depends on the guy.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Mine is a couple inches past my shoulders. I only cut it twice a year or so, and short cuts are higher maintenance. I had it very short once, and it was short when I got married. Sometimes I cut it to jaw length in the summertime, because my neck gets hot.

The only reason I'd consider cutting it now is that from years of wearing it clipped back, it's getting a little thin at the temples. I almost never wear my hair fully down. It gets in my face and I hate that. I've taken to wearing it in two braids lately, because it's so dry and staticky right now. My husband calls me Heidi.
That's better than your hubby calling you "Pippi Longstocking"-LOL!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 PM

118 posts, read 177,254 times
I personally like longer hair on women. Many young women have long hair when they are in their 20's or 30's but I have noticed that many women in their 40's and 50's get their hair shorter.

I think that longer hair on a woman helps them look younger but again "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Most older women I know have short hair, almost like a 80 to 20% and think most would look better and be noticed more with longer hair. I always found that interesting that as they get older most women cut their hair shorter, perhaps someone older with short hair could answer why? My girlfriend had long hair and got a "bob" because she was tired of taking care of it(salon every week etc.) The shorter "do" was easier to manage.

I understand her reasoning and still love her even if she was bald but I was honest and said I liked the long hair better. Also, since that is how I got to know her. She understood and appreciated that I didn't lie to her. She is older than me and most of my friends thought she looked her age with the short hair but about 10 years younger with the long.

After 2 years she is now growing her hair longer which I quite enjoy......but guys it goes both ways!!!!!! Women will listen to you. My girlfriend always asks me if something looks good on her and I am honest(not that she likes my taste all the time) and she does the same for me.

She then told me that she likes my hair a little thicker. I have thick hair but always had it shorter(buzz cut) with the top hair a little longer. For her I am growing it thick, not because I like it but because she likes it.

I asked her the other day what she would enjoy when I went to get it cut and she said she really enjoys it a little longer and thicker. It goes both ways. We all have our preferences but we should also be willing to please the other partner.

I feel quite good when my girl likes my appearance so being honest, you may get what you prefer but always be prepared to reciprocate. She has her preferences too.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
no, not the woman, just the hair, any, short long im not picky.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:03 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,138,002 times
You're all cracking me up. Just got the "lob". Shoulder length & I love it...read me above, 48 look 38 no more short hair EVER!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Men say they want a woman to have long hair.

But I have noticed most of the women I see who are married have short hair.

So what gives? Do men prefer to marry women with short hair?

So, should those of us with longer hair cut it? Does that increase our odds of even finding a boyfriend?
LOL--I once started a thread on this subject, for which I received a firestorm of derisive posts calling me a chauvinist. I simply stated that I have noticed time and again that many women cut their hair--and gain weight--after marriage. I went on to ponder whether or not this practice wasn't indeed a sort of "bait and switch" tactic used my women. Or false advertising. Many of them--not all, mind you--seem to feel that, after marriage, the chase is over, so they feel free to stop trying to look sexy. Call it what you want, but I call this practice flase advertising and laziness, pure and simple. Just my opinion. (Gleaned from much observation, however!)

Old 01-14-2010, 08:11 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,138,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
LOL--I once started a thread on this subject, for which I received a firestorm of derisive posts calling me a chauvinist. I simply stated that I have noticed time and again that many women cut their hair--and gain weight--after marriage. I went on to ponder whether or not this practice wasn't indeed a sort of "bait and switch" tactic used my women. Or false advertising. Many of them--not all, mind you--seem to feel that, after marriage, the chase is over, so they feel free to stop trying to look sexy. Call it what you want, but I call this practice flase advertising and laziness, pure and simple. Just my opinion. (Gleaned from much observation, however!)
Personally, IMO, the chase is never over....but a good flattering haircut is worth the $.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,973 times
I prefer my wife who's aged 50, to have longer hair. Luckily, she agrees with me.
Fortunately, it suits her AND she looks about 10 years younger than her real age with it longer.
I've pictures from 20 years ago, when she had a short perm...she looked like her mum.
I agree though, many women once married get a short haircut & put on weight - it's as though they're not bothered about their appearance any more.
Short hair apparently takes more effort to look good. That's the point though, it takes effort to look good.
If, as I suspect, they've given up caring, how it looks isn't high on their list of priorities so short hair, flattering or not is just "easier" & what their husbands preference is doesn't count for much.

Last edited by lineswine; 07-14-2010 at 12:34 PM..

Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
No what happens is that most men want women with long hair. Why? because it is distinctively feminine. Just like women want guys with short hair - thats a masculine trait.

Rubbish!I love my men with long hair!

I have been growing my hair out for as long as I can remember and it is down to the back of my knees currently.Sure it takes longer to manage but my man loves long hair that he can tug on.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Sure it takes longer to manage but my man loves long hair that he can tug on.
And it's fun to be tugged on.

Mine's almost to the middle of my back, but that's about as long as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships