Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:05 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,967 times

Advertisements

Over the few years of being an adult man I have noticed that women who are engaged in romantic relationships with men, regardless they are married, dating, or FWB tend not to care so much if the man sees other women so as long as he treats her as the queen or the highest female of his stable. It's almost as if the female is fighting for a "rank."

I know it's not ALL women but I'm speaking in general terms and I know many women get upset/frustrated but it's never at the point where he gets dumped on the spot.

The only women who are different regarding this issue are the ones with religious training as they uphold monogamous, marriage values to the fullest extent; well, at least the ones who actually practice what they preach.

So getting to the point, I have been thinking about how in other cultures men have multiple wives or here in the states wealthy/prominent men usually have multiple mistresses and so forth. So ladies, what do you really think about a man who has a stable of females around him?

Seriously, do you like a man MORE if you see that all these women want him? Do you like to compete with other women over a standout male?

http://www.doctormacro1.info/Images/Martin%20and%20Lewis/Annex/Annex%20-%20Martin%20and%20Lewis%20%28Ladies%20Man,%20The%2 9_01.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 07:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Over the few years of being an adult man I have noticed that women who are engaged in romantic relationships with men, regardless they are married, dating, or FWB tend not to care so much if the man sees other women so as long as he treats her as the queen or the highest female of his stable. It's almost as if the female is fighting for a "rank."

I know it's not ALL women but I'm speaking in general terms and I know many women get upset/frustrated but it's never at the point where he gets dumped on the spot.

The only women who are different regarding this issue are the ones with religious training as they uphold monogamous, marriage values to the fullest extent; well, at least the ones who actually practice what they preach.

So getting to the point, I have been thinking about how in other cultures men have multiple wives or here in the states wealthy/prominent men usually have multiple mistresses and so forth. So ladies, what do you really think about a man who has a stable of females around him?

Seriously, do you like a man MORE if you see that all these women want him? Do you like to compete with other women over a standout male?
Newp.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,654,534 times
Quote:
No and no . .

Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
No.
But that picture you posted seriously made me laugh!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,859,110 times
I'm sure you could find lots of guys to volunteer to test your theory.

They'd just have to make sure there were no sharp knives in the kitchen.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:51 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,465 times
Noooo.

I even avoid men who are TOO wealthy, or have aspirations for public office, because they seek power - not love.

I do like a guy to have a good mix of male and female friends.

But it REALLY bugs me when ALL of his female friends are exes/people he's slept with. That says to me he's incapable of liking a woman for anything other than one thing.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Noooo.

I even avoid men who are TOO wealthy, or have aspirations for public office, because they seek power - not love.

But it REALLY bugs me when ALL of his female friends are exes/people he's slept with. That says to me he's incapable of liking a woman for anything other than one thing.

Hmmm, interesting.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:31 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:
That's very interesting. I don't consider myself religious at all, and wouldn't tolerate being "one of many" (or one of two) in any sort of serious relationship, and I can't think off the top of my head of any people I know who would.

*shrug* Maybe it was how and where I was raised?

Quote:
If it works for all parties involved, then cool. Who am I to judge how other people want to live their lives?

Quote:
There's a difference here between wanting a man that a lot of women want, and being one of many women *with* that man, no?

To answer the questions though, I like whom I like, and his having a horde of women "after him" doesn't up his attractiveness quotient with me. And, no, I don't like to compete with others for someone's affection. It seems like an awful waste of energy to me.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,465 times
Quote:
Hmmm, interesting.
Aren't I, though?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,859,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post

So its all his fault? The women had no say in this? And how do you know its only one thing they liked each other for?

BTW, what are YOUR interests in him? Honorable, I hope.

Where's Redisca when I have new batteries in my hypocrisy meter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships