Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times

Advertisements

I guess no one here has heard that the prettiest girl in high school never has a date because everyone assumes she has a date.

Also, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Someone you think is totally hot might not get my attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Oh please....Beautiful women can be whatever they want to be...single or not single...it all depends on the "Beautiful Woman" I chose to be single after HS for about 6 months.
You go girl!!!

Snap those fingers and give us some attitude.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza986 View Post
haha. maybe!

I'll be the judge.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:00 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,229 times
I love it when people make up stats...

Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Of course you can! I, and I assume others, are speaking on an average.
And on average...everyone is different lol

Old 06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,846 times
Look OP the bottom line is a descent looking woman is going to have it much better than some good looking dude like you. Dating is hard and unfortunately you are going to have to work your butt off if you want results. Use the internet dating sites and also go at it on your own in public. Get yourself in great shape, make sure you have a job, nice clothes, look your best. Go after and try talking to women, don't wait for an ~8 to fall on your lap! As far as the dating sites, you have to do a lot of work there as the women have the advantage! A good looking women who posts a profile can get HUNDREDS of email in one day. I have meet several who told me this and my sister also confirmed it. She got BOMBARDED with emails and winks. It is very competitive out there! Whatever you do don't get bitter and whine. Get your game face on!

Dating is hard man. Even women have a hard time. My sister and her two friends have it hard and they are all very pretty...

Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
In my experience I've seen quite the opposite.

Most of my friends range from cute to stunningly beautiful, and intelligent. All got/get lots of attention from men. However, when we were unmarried, the best looking ones were often "single" because, as a rule, men were intimidated by them. The combination of stunning beauty and intelligence was not something that most men seemed ready to handle. Therefore, merely cute ones got a lot more dates and found boyfriends more easily than the drop-dead gorgeous ones.

There were many a Saturday night when the gorgeous ones resignedly hunkered down in front of their TV sets or did laundry while their less attractive friends were wined & dined. It was not uncommon for the prettier ladies to be "single" for months at a time.

Even aside from my friends, this has been the case for many women I've known who are both very beautiful and highly intelligent.
Did the beautiful ones stay single longer, or had fewer dates on Saturday nights because they were not approached by men at all, or did they turn down lots of men who wanted to date them but weren't good-looking enough to meet their standards?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
And on average...everyone is different lol
Hey, you can't prove that

Old 06-30-2009, 09:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Issues? It's just been my experience that all the best looking girls I have pursued were in fact speaking with other guys. Not saying it was serious and obviously they considered different options, but hot girls are much more likely to be involved than a not so hot girl.

Fyi, some "dudes" can get sex whenever they want as well.

Some, but not most. Women have a better chance on that front.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Hey, you can't prove that
Hahaha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships