Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times

Advertisements

Much much more often than men? I read a stat that women file around 70 percent of the time!!! Why is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Because HE wrongly assumes that she doesnt know what "foot long" means!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Filing for divorce does not equal
- being the main "cause" for the divorce
- desiring the end of the relationship more
- initiating the talk and plans of divorce
- being the one to actually leave the home/relationship

In almost all the cases I've personally seen, the woman filed after her husband committed infidelity and moved out (often with his new partner). I don't know why the man did not file first. Probably because he will be held financially responsible (alimony and/or child support). It seems like these men wanted their cake & to eat it too....

Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
I agree with Orangeapple. I think the women just finally have to take the initive to get things in order. I filed first time after infidelity, drug problems and being seperated for 9 months. I think he could have continue just being seperated forever because he had no responsibility.

Second marriage, he filed after being unofficially seperated for 8 months. I think he realized I wasnt going to and someone told him he should. Everything was worked out in mediation 4 months after filing, its now going on 16 months and Ive had to take him to court twice to no avail and have been pushing my attorney to get him and his attorney to finalize the divorce.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:39 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Filing for divorce does not equal
- being the main "cause" for the divorce
- desiring the end of the relationship more
- initiating the talk and plans of divorce
- being the one to actually leave the home/relationship

In almost all the cases I've personally seen, the woman filed after her husband committed infidelity and moved out (often with his new partner). I don't know why the man did not file first. Probably because he will be held financially responsible (alimony and/or child support). It seems like these men wanted their cake & to eat it too....
Interesting.... I never really thought about these things. But, it certainly makes a lot of sense!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:01 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
In the case of my first divorce it was lazyiness....and boy,did that cost ME!!!!

One had to go to court and the one that took the blame didn't have to....we decided to use MY lawyer and I was going to get my fair share.....he said only one had to go and I said "Heck,I'll take the blame...irreconcilable differences" if I don't have to show in court.

What I DIDN'T know was that when I took the blame the lawyer was then HER lawyer because I was the "bad guy"

That cost me BIG TIME and it cost the attorney a pretty good ass whipping and a promise of more to come if he didn't keep his yap shut and take it like the weasel he was....If I won the lottery she was able to get half for ten years and goofy crap like that was written into the "agreement".

I do agree tho'....guys just let it float along and the woman usually want closure.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
For the same reason my "mother", who was abusive to me and my siblings and spent all the child support on drugs and booze filed for a divorce: GREED. If the husband cannot provide enough money, enough material possessions, a big enough car etc etc etc it makes perfect sense from the woman's greedy prospective to dump him, milk him until he's dry through alimony and child support, only about 50% of which actually goes to the kids, and get another man to milk for all he's worth too.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Ya gotta watch the bloodsuckers like a hawk. Dont sign anything you havent read twice and never assume your attorney is looking out for your best interest. I've had to mark my MDA up with a red pen three times and take it back. I finially offered to draft the darn thing up myself!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
For the same reason my "mother", who was abusive to me and my siblings and spent all the child support on drugs and booze filed for a divorce: GREED. If the husband cannot provide enough money, enough material possessions, a big enough car etc etc etc it makes perfect sense from the woman's greedy prospective to dump him, milk him until he's dry through alimony and child support, only about 50% of which actually goes to the kids, and get another man to milk for all he's worth too.
Yeah, that why women get divorced. That 30% cs is more than 100% of his paycheck.

What about when there is no kids and no alimony?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah, that why women get divorced. That 30% cs is more than 100% of his paycheck.
30% child support plus 100% of the next sap she gets hitched with equals ALLOT MORE THEN WHAT SHE COULD HAVE GOTTEN FROM THE FIRST HUSBAND ALONE. It's like poligamy for women, only without having both men living under the same roof.

And women always get something out of it....even if a garbage man married Paris Hilton, chances are nine out of ten that he would still have to pay her something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships