Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 AM

22,678 posts, read 19,370,594 times

Advertisements

What's the prime of a man's life?
every day is the prime of your life, man or woman

raising three sons who are now grown men, I can honestly say that every age they were along the way, I thought to myself, 'this is the perfect age, I love them best at this age' And the same thing the next month, year, decade

now my goal is to see myself through this same loving lens
every age you are is precious, every person you are at every age in your life is dear
when a person can treasure themselves and their life in that way, then it dissolves all pressure and regrets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 AM

275 posts, read 688,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Depending on the man, I would estimate between 35 and 45. However, if a man takes care of himself and has no health issues, there is no limit.
sounds like my ambition as an alpha male Brad Pitt was named the sexiest man in the world in his late 30s. Anything is truly possible.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 AM

275 posts, read 688,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
30's are the hardest. In your 20's you have optimism towards the future, you still have a lot of discovery and exploration to look forward to, and you are often forgiven more easily for mistakes on account of your age. In your 30's life tends to be a grind. It's when most people start to realize they aren't going to set the world on fire and that you have to make some compromises in order to make it in this world. You start attending more funerals in your 30's too, and if your parents are still around, they are aging, and it's a humbling process to watch your once vibrant and very active parents start running out of steam.

Your metabolism also starts to slow down, so if you don't watch what you eat and make an effort to exercise the you'll put weight on just by looking at food. When I hit 35 I really had to work at keeping myself at a healthy weight. In my 20's I couldn't put on weight if I tried.

Enjoy your 20's, and don't sweat the 30's. In your 30's you're still a youngster. Stay active, keep finding ways to challenge and improve yourself, because when 40 rolls around, you are going to take inventory of your life and the better you prepared yourself in your 30's the happier you'll be in your 40's, it makes the midlife crisis a little easier to manage.
Good point i guess I'll have to sacrifice now in reaching greater heights. it makes life easier in the future. You reap what you sow.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM
mwv

207 posts, read 674,904 times
The OP hasn't formed the question very well. Since this is a relationship forum, I'm going to assume he means age with highest value for relationships.

I'd say 35-50 is when men are at their prime because they have the strongest sexual and personal appeal to the largest number of women. (Factors like being in shape and looks still matter of course.)

The number of viable/available men (vs. women) drops noticeably after 35 - not only are more men dead or in jail, but years of vices and mental disorders have eaten many from within.

Men 35-50 are on average sexually appealing to women substantially younger than themselves in addition to women of their same age. This gives men a lot more leverage, all other factors held constant. In contrast, guys in their 20s going after women in their 20s are competing with guys in their 30s and 40s. As such, women are in their prime in their 20s, and particularly ages 18-25.

Further, men over 35 tend to feel sexual desire less compellingly and so a lot of their *-hole behaviors go away; they tend to become more aware of a woman's drives and just overall more sophisticated in way that many women find charming.

The Age/2 + 7 rule works for men up to about 50.

Last edited by mwv; 07-29-2009 at 09:38 AM..

Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,292,714 times
Physically around 19-27.

Overall around 29-43. 43 is when many are finished with their education, they're at the pinnacle of their careers, maintaining their families, and sort of leaving their mark on the world.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,578,800 times
First thing in the morning.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,722,662 times
I remember in the "Wedding Crashers" Owen Wilson saying "i'm still young" and the younger gal saying "well you're not THAT young".

Recently I became more aware of advancing age with injuries not healing as quick as they did as in my 20's. High school is more a distant memory, elementary school was 20 years ago, things are starting to fade in the rear view mirror. Not distressing just a noticeable change.

Knowing what I know now and going back to 18, maybe I would do it again. Going back without all that knowledge no way.

So in a lot of ways I think being older can be better. I think once I break the 35 barrier as long as I take care of myself, I should be more in the Prime of my life. More settled, more at ease, more focused on what I want to do and so on. Life is what you make of it, but 35-50 should be a good time.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,284,635 times
For me it was physically 20, sexually and mentally 50. The reason I say 50 for the peak sexually and mentally is because you're gaining wisdom most of your life, but between 50 and 60 your mind and *stuff* just don't work quite as well as they once did. I had something else to add, but I've forgotten what it was.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 PM

727 posts, read 1,894,923 times
For me. I'm in my 30's and I'm at my prime. No kids,NO Wife,Career,Have good friends who we have fun and live life. Have a few friend girls and girlfriends. Party every now and then but at the same time I'm living more wise and a whole lot righteous. Why complain on easy street?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,437,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
First thing in the morning.

haha!!! good answer "good morning baby" tehehe........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships