Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:45 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,232,467 times

Advertisements

I'm 28, didn't take very good care of myself in my late teens, did ALOT of drinking and I heavily smoked cigarettes from 16-20. At right about 20 I completely turned my life around. I don't think I did any long term damage but I wished I would have started my healthy habits earlier in life.... That being said, I don't feel I've reached my prime yet, I still feel somewhat like a "boy"

For the past 18 months I've had dental braces, and in another month or so I will be getting them off. I was tired of having crooked teeth and wanted to set up my dating/hooking up life the best I could for my 30's. I think once I get my braces off this will be the psychological beginning of my prime years, which I expect to last 20+ years.

Physically I don't feel I have lost a step, literally. I feel I am just as quick when I was in my younger 20's.. I can do just as many pushups, pullups(probably more), and deadlift even heavier. I don't squat as heavy as I was in my younger-mid 20's because I think I was squatting more with my ego at that time, and with some more years under my belt realize form is much more important then the actual weight, and even then I'm not squatting that much lighter then at my heaviest. If my 22 year old self was in a fight with my very soon to be 29 year old self my 29 year old self would win hands down.

I feel I am much better looking then my early 20's. Much of this is because I'm taking much better care of myself. I haven't shown any signs of balding or even a receding hairline so that helps. My face is more filled out along with my body yet I've keep my baby face..

I truly feel my best years are ahead when it comes to every aspect in my life. Sex, money, weight lifting, mentally, emotionally. I didn't have the easiest childhood growing up with a bipolar alcoholic mom and a deceased dad so I had a lot of emotional pain that I really didn't get over until about my mid 20's.. Couple that with me physically being a late bloomer and I've really only been hitting my stride the past 3-4 years.....

I am very strict on my sleep routine, always aim for 7-8 hours. Pretty much don't ever get drunk anymore, maybe get buzzed a handful times a year, and I eat pretty good overall. I stretch religiously everyday, and I am always pretty conscious of my posture to avoid a slumping head or rounded shoulders.

I am very happy with the progress I have made as I am about to turn 29 next month. I have avoided the major pitfalls of knocking up a girl, getting married, catching any std's as I actually just had my first check up in 2 years last week which came back clean, and financially I am not buried in debt like many other kids my age, I'm basically at even with a good job. So when people say 30 is the new 20 you can make a case in reason it's true... I am proud of the base I built in my life so far of accumulated knowledge and physically where I am at this point, and look forward to building a better life moving forward!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 02:38 PM

477 posts, read 316,753 times
This is a question that really varies from person to person. However, my guess generally speaking (if the op means "physically") would be the 20s-40s. Same as most people, not counting fitness models and actors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships