Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Bookstores and coffee shops (Starbucks and Coffee Bean) are two of the most prime spots to get hit on/flirted with/to meet people.

We should tell that Naomi chick that if she wants to meet a guy, just take her computer or a book and sit in a bookstore or starbucks, its guaranteed to happen.
Yep. Maybe read a volume of Anais Nin while she's at it. That will attract the literate, horny guys to her like bees to honey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I do not want to be hit on by a gay guy who peeks through the bathroom stall while Im in it. Yes, this happened.
It's tough being such a dude magnet.........

Quote:
I do not want to be hit on by a woman when I am out with my wife. When my wife goes to the restroom, it is not "your chance" to hit on me. Yes, this happened.
Dude, that could be fun. Nothing like a couple of women fighting over you.

Quote:
Thats about it though. I'm open to being hit on at just about any other time and place - gas stations, supermarket, while driving, running, gym, park, beach, museum, Disneyland, mall, etc.
Nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
That happened to me whilst attending a funeral. It was by one of the bereaved family members. I was
Maybe they thought you'd feel bad for them, enough to say yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I have a feeling that women who interrupt me while I'm doing so are either stupid, inconsiderate, or possibly have ego issues where they deem themselves important enough for me to care.
That's a bit extreme. I think I'd have walked away saying you weren't all that anyway.

I don't like to be hit on when I'm on a mission or if I'm running late.
However, if a person can get past my snarky reply and make further efforts, they might just be worth a second look.

I met a guy on the cruiseship (I was a passenger, he an employee) that I met when I was actually lost and running very late. He just kept going ahh muy bonita, and smiling very... interested. The second time we met, I was an employee as well, and as I am walking down the hallway he starts singing your are so beautiful....I could've died of embarassment. But I don't think I stopped smiling for the rest of the day. We ended up dating. He was the best kisser of my LIFE, thus far.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 AM

986 posts, read 1,666,875 times
The gym, "novelty" shops, and liquor stores. LOL.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post

That's a bit extreme. I think I'd have walked away saying you weren't all that anyway.
No, its really not. When you get your heart rate going really high to just suddenly stop and start carrying on a conversation is dangerous to not let your heart slow down. After a 3 mile run I will walk briskly for 5 minutes and stretch...to not do so is really just dumb. Short of someone close to me dying there is never any reason for me to be stopped while running, its plain dangerous.

Oh, and I get plenty of women who wave, smile, or say hello as I'm running. Thats actually the norm and very few do stop me...infact its probably only happened three times now that I think about it.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,830 times
lol ive done the computer and book thing at sat in coffee places. the opposite actually happens. people think you are really busy and dont want to disrupt you. if i see a guy doing the same, i dont want to bother him. seems like it isnt the best time to hit on someone when they are doing something that relies on concentration.

PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE GYM -i work out at home, but when i would go to the gym, i would have loved to have been hit on! i never was one of those girls who looked "cute" at the gym in little shorts, a sports bra, or tight tank top. i would wear either sweatpants, those tight spandex shorts that help you sweat, and a sweatshirt! i dont wear makeup working out, so i would look like crap, and i usually just threw up hair up without looking at a mirror. any man who would have hit on me looking like this, i would have been into just on how bad i looked lol.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
lol ive done the computer and book thing at sat in coffee places. the opposite actually happens. people think you are really busy and dont want to disrupt you. if i see a guy doing the same, i dont want to bother him. seems like it isnt the best time to hit on someone when they are doing something that relies on concentration.

PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE GYM -i work out at home, but when i would go to the gym, i would have loved to have been hit on! i never was one of those girls who looked "cute" at the gym in little shorts, a sports bra, or tight tank top. i would wear either sweatpants, those tight spandex shorts that help you sweat, and a sweatshirt! i dont wear makeup working out, so i would look like crap, and i usually just threw up hair up without looking at a mirror. any man who would have hit on me looking like this, i would have been into just on how bad i looked lol.
Well, if the photo on your profile is representative, these guys must not have a pulse.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, if the photo on your profile is representative, these guys must not have a pulse.
i would feel uncomfortable hitting on someone while they were busy doing something. it seems inappropriate. if i was busy too on a report or reading a book, i dont want people talking to me.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Family reunions

Old 08-12-2009, 12:17 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,625 times
When I worked at the hotels, I was hit on by both female staff members and female guests. I hated that because I was working. If it had been in a social atmosphere or anywhere else I wouldn't have minded it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships