Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,305 times

Advertisements

I do not like being hit on anywhere. I am not out looking who I can pick up or to be picked up. Can't I go and hang out with friends wihout some jerk interrrupting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
And might I add that flirting with me will not make me buy your useless product!

Oh, this happens after they've already accepted my "useless product". Like their taxes...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:31 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
I also don't like being hit on when I'm with a group of friends. Mild flirting is okay.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times
I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I'm sure someone has mentioned the gym. I'm a male and even if I was single I wouldn't want some girl trying to have a conversation with me in between reps. I go to the gym to work out, not to get hit on or stand around and talk.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I also don't like being hit on when I'm with a group of friends. Mild flirting is okay.
hmm yeah i agree. that happened to me at school and my friends would all give me this look and watch! i dont like when people watch someone flirting with me! now that they see this one guy constantly do it, they have tried getting me to shut him up about asking too many questions in class during presentations!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:56 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I'm sure someone has mentioned the gym. I'm a male and even if I was single I wouldn't want some girl trying to have a conversation with me in between reps. I go to the gym to work out, not to get hit on or stand around and talk.
Yeah, imagine if it doesn't work out. Who wants to have awkward moments at the gym. Everyone looks like crap anyway at the gym, after about the first 30 minutes, that's bad enough.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:20 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Yeah, imagine if it doesn't work out. Who wants to have awkward moments at the gym. Everyone looks like crap anyway at the gym, after about the first 30 minutes, that's bad enough.
Even when I run into a friend at the gym after they've worked up a hearty sweat, I don't want them reaching out to shake my hand with a sweat soaked grip. Can't imagine meeting someone new in the gym and exchanging sweaty handshakes.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:44 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Even when I run into a friend at the gym after they've worked up a hearty sweat, I don't want them reaching out to shake my hand with a sweat soaked grip. Can't imagine meeting someone new in the gym and exchanging sweaty handshakes.
Or sweaty hugs.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:08 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,695,020 times
I have a story. I had just had surgery and was getting a painkilling shot in my behind. Well, the nurse giving me the shot knew me, but as he's checking a place to give me the shot, he asks "Do you run?" I said (groggy from surgery) "what?", he asks "Do you run? you have a tight butt", I kind of blew it off since I was a little out of it.
That was awkward. Don't think that's a good time to hit on someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Say the person is good looking....but what places or situations are a no go and you don't want to be hit on there, or your least liked places/situations.

For me there are two main one's....when I'm working out where ever that may be, that is my own time and don't want to be there. Also the supermarket lol just not right.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
When I'm dressed in my yard grubbies - baggy stained sweatpants, torn old tee shirt, baseball hat, stinky old sneakers - wielding a weed-whacker or a machete, covered in grass and foliage pieces and dripping sweat. Yes, it has happened and I'm in my 60s! Some people are just very peculiar but there's a common saying about island transplants - "we're here because we're not all here ..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships