Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times

Advertisements

I'm no longer friends with That-guy Miu's ignoring me and I'm broken-hearted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,426,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's ok, I just befriended you!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,864 times
Quote:
Didn't know you two had a thing. Is she good looking at least?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
It's ok, I just befriended you!
You just saved my life from depression. I was about to go to Burger King and stuff myself. Now I'm heading for the gym.

You know, it's awkward, there's something triangularly messed with me, bankers and Miu

Looooooong story

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Didn't know you two had a thing. Is she good looking at least?
All I know is I'm 29 years old

Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
When something unexpected and big happens to you, how do you figure out what it is that life is trying to tell you?

I was driving today and my vehicle got hit by a large city bus. Yikes. Obviously this shook me up pretty bad. Physically I am fine. Thirty-four years safe driving, never been cited for any accidents ever, this is a first for me.

I am someone who does not believe in coincidences, there is nothing random about the universe at all, and if something happens to me there is meaning behind it, part of a larger pattern, and life is trying to tell me something.

In the past when something "big" or "bad" has happened to me, I am usually able to have a sense of what it is related to, what life is asking me to pay attention to. But in this case I do not have a clue whatsoever, which has me baffled. This is new territory. Life is going great, finances are good, health is good, i love my job, happy where I am living.

What is your take? What has your experience been in these situations? Thank you as always for your input. I am looking forward to hearing and learning from your stories.
I am sorry for what happened to you, but if you weren't hurt, you are one lucky guy.
That being said, why did you post in the relationships forum?
Why do you think there is a deep meaning to everything that happens? Maybe life isn't telling anything special, except that you are lucky to be alive ?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:30 PM

109 posts, read 299,131 times
Alertness, maybe.
Sometimes when things are (apparently) all good, we tend to lean on one side and smile at the sun and not be very open to the universe, but just to our own little perfect-for-the-moment-world.

Sometimes (don't know if this is the case with you too) I found that in my life, after a big shock i was more alert, thus contributing more to whatever was surrounding me.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,426,961 times
Quote:
You just saved my life from depression. I was about to go to Burger King and stuff myself. Now I'm heading for the gym.

You know, it's awkward, there's something triangularly messed with me, bankers and Miu

Looooooong story

All I know is I'm 29 years old
Ah crap...not a threesome again!

Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 AM

22,240 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well I am glad you are ok! I think of these things in this way too...
I think in your case it would be still considered great because your brain is not a pancake! ☺
yeah, that is for sure. a few feet, a second or two difference, and i wouldn't be here. those busses are BIG, plus it one of those double-long types

Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
First, I'm very glad to hear that you are alright. I would treat the bus accident as a wakeup call to make sure that you are appreciating being alive and in good health. You don't have to go crazy and go skydiving, but at the very least, take a deep breath and enjoy what you have.

When the weather is nice out, I like to sit on my back steps with my dogs and think about how lucky I am to be alive. I may not be a millionaire, but I do have a very pleasant and enjoyable life here in New England. I have the love of my boyfriend and pets. I am not being a baby factory in a third world country. I live in a country where women have equal rights to the men. And I have my good health. I love driving my little Civic around.
this is lovely, thank you miu
it made my heart warm and also gave me a good laugh (the third world baby factory part). Life is good. Now I get to appreciate it with a more pronounced awareness

i really appreciate all the good wishes from everyone and the outpouring of kind words. Also a lot of helpful insight from people, i benefit from these forums in a very tangible positive way, particularly in a case like this where i'm a bit shook up and somewhat in shock to have clear thinking of my own

Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
My ancestors always opined that instances as these happen owing to the jealousy of people around us.

If 5 people are jealous of you and curse you internally, the omens of something bad happening to you is high.

This is why my father always advised us to keep a low profile and not brag around in public.
there is definitely something to this, thank you antlered. I live not far from the rez, and know people who have actually chosen to move off the rez because they felt safer NOT being so visible, and to avoid being that sort of target

and it is a wise and peaceful way to live, anyway, with a low profile, so thank you for this reminder and wisdom along those lines.

It's funny too, i am now in a rental car for a few weeks while my own vehicle is fixed, and what i notice about it is feels quite low to the ground after driving for years a vehicle up a lot higher. My instant thought was that this is a reminder for me about being humble.

(PS I gotta ask, what are the BCs?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships