Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,683,342 times

Advertisements

I agree with the others that 'owe' isn't the right word to use. If you feel like you 'owe' your partner something, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Doing something out of obligation will quickly take the fun out of it. But I do think both partners should do their best to make sure the other person is satisfied. And it doesn't even have to be an orgasm. For many people, it's not the destination that matters. It's getting there that they enjoy most of all. Too many men attach such significance to their partner's orgasm that they become fixated on achieving that goal to the point where the woman has to fake it just to make the man feel better. Maybe if both people just said what they wanted and both worked on making that happen, both people would walk away satisfied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,919,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
It's also been tough because there's a TON of added pressure on every third thursday after a blue moon in the year of the bear when we DO actually have sex....
LOL...If she only knew how lucky she is.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:07 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,193,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Do you feel that men "owe" their women orgasm?...
"Owe" them an O? What a peculiar way of looking at it....

I don't know that I "owe" her an orgasm, but if my gal wants me to help her make her buzzer go then I am always more than happy to oblige.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:08 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,919,640 times
I've never thought of sex as a "deserving" kind of thing. If you mean, I cooked a great dinner so now somehow I "deserve a double or even a triple", sure, go for it.

And for the record, I've can count on one finger the times I've "faked it". How can a woman expect her guy to have a clue how to get here there, if she herself doesn't know?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,901,270 times
Yes. Once two people are in bed there are TWO people that owe each other. Each person has the responsibility to give it their all and make it worthwhile for their partner.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,146,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Too many men attach such significance to their partner's orgasm that they become fixated on achieving that goal to the point where the woman has to fake it just to make the man feel better. Maybe if both people just said what they wanted and both worked on making that happen, both people would walk away satisfied.
Exactly!

Old 09-01-2009, 02:10 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,727,523 times
I think that some selfish men really don't care so long as they get the big "O". But I also think that a lot of men feel like they either owe it to women or feel like they're not good enough if they can't get a woman to "O".

My SO has told me that he feels like he owes it to me because it just isn't fair if I don't, especially since he usually does. But I also think that he feels "less worthy" in bed if I don't "O".

I've tried to get him to worry less about it, and even shared some interesting facts with him about orgasms, such as that some women physically can't orgasm or just never do. I think it only helped him a little bit not to worry about it so much.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,879,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
For the guys who complain about the "once in a blue moon" factor - if she's gettin' off like plaidmom so aptly described above, then she would be seeking out you to get her groove on, i.e. there would be no dry spells. I'm just sayin'......
Right, I've always wondered if those guys who complain the most their woman isn't wanting to have sex often are the same who are boring them to death in the bedroom.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,683,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puru View Post
I think that some selfish men really don't care so long as they get the big "O". But I also think that a lot of men feel like they either owe it to women or feel like they're not good enough if they can't get a woman to "O".
Between these two extremes, I would think most women would prefer the latter. At least he cares enough to give you what he thinks you want as opposed to the other guy who only cares about his needs.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:08 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,739,935 times
Mine does take the time to see if I will, and if I can see that I`m not gonna, then, I`ll tell him. I do try though, but I`m not gonna tell him I did, when I didn`t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships