Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times

Advertisements

He doesn't want to. NOW JUST STOP!

Besides, he's got a track record...2 previous women he's shacked up with, and where did that go? He could be trying to avoid a 3rd mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 07:24 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
He doesn't want to. NOW JUST STOP!

Besides, he's got a track record...2 previous women he's shacked up with, and where did that go? He could be trying to avoid a 3rd mess.
And possibly trying to avoid the additional chances of yet a 3rd child before he gets married. He's doing you a favor by not letting you rush him. Believe me.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
My boyfriend and I (in our 30s) have been dating for about 5 months. he thinks it's too soon to move in together. I would move in today if he was agreeable to it. He has a point about it being too soon only because , to be honest , we have discussed the relationship and I have a lot more feelings for him than he does me. I really wouldn't say the situation is uncomfortable becasue of it too often. We are together all the time and we get along well when we are not discussing my occasional sadness due to loving him too much. I am wondering what I should do , besides give it time, to inspire him to want me to move in. I try to be patient (he is very patient.) but I also would like this to happen as quick as possible. What does everyone think? This would save me driving ,the money I would save in gas would pay half my share of the rent and I would have more time to be with him and my pets. What's in it for him? Just the rent though he could get that from any roommate.(And a little drive time / gas money) How do you get your boyfriend to want to take it to the next level?
Is this the first person you have wanted to or lived with? Some men prefer marriage to the moving in together thing. How do you know he is the right person for you? Where do you want this to go in five years? If this guy has children from other women don't you think he carries a little too much mileage for you?

Old 09-21-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I have lived with men before. I don't know if he prefers marriage to living together but he is not ready for either. He is a good person and we get along well. Well before 5 years Id like to be married. It is not a problem , at all, that he has kids with other women. We are not going to be in that situation. I like his kids.
Why do you choose to live with men and not seek marriage first? Are you afraid of marriage? Do you feel loosing your status as a single woman will destroy your identity? It just seems you are trying to wade into a relationship like stepping into a pool which you are unsure how cold or warm it is.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
I find it interesting msboom has made no further posts on her thread. Maybe she is taking our advice

Old 09-21-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I find it interesting msboom has made no further posts on her thread. Maybe she is taking our advice
Well it was good advice to give. I don't know why some people feel they need to do a triple back flip to find love and peace with the wrong person.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
He has only lived with 2 of his previous girlfriends, they were having his babies. (I have no plan to do this.) , We are together all the time, true, we take a night off here and there, but I don't know if space is an issue. (becasue we are always together and I even ask him if he needs some space and he always says no.)
He has two children, by two different women, neither of which he was married to? My advice is to move on. NOW.

As far as the moving in issue, why on earth are you pushing something that clearly you are both not ready for? I can't believe you are in your 30's. You are acting more like a 20 year old.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He has two children, by two different women, neither of which he was married to? My advice is to move on. NOW.

As far as the moving in issue, why on earth are you pushing something that clearly you are both not ready for? I can't believe you are in your 30's. You are acting more like a 20 year old.
Two children from two different women. Can Ms Bloom tell us why she thinks he is such a catch?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Two children from two different women. Can Ms Bloom tell us why she thinks he is such a catch?
Love is blind my friend, or that's what they say...

Old 09-22-2009, 04:41 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
As the other person said, love is blind. If you want someone badly enough, you will find a way to cherish everything about them that made them in to the person you love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships