Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 AM

382 posts, read 758,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
They can buy the same desires cheaper or just live with someone without the headaches.
Exactly. These guys must be dumb. They can have everything that's good in the world and they are wasting time and money with gold diggers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:50 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
They can buy the same desires cheaper or just live with someone without the headaches.
They can, if that's all they're worth all the way around. How very sad when it is thought that one should have to choose money over happiness. No reason why you can't have both.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:50 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Why would a poor man get married? He has so much to lose...50% of nothing is nothing so if a poor man ended up getting divorced he would have less than what he started with...

I just don't get it...

**BRILLIANT IDEA** Perhaps we should outlaw all marriages because a few folks can't understand why someone would partake...not that reasons for folks getting married is anyone elses business but the married couple...

Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Why would a poor man get married? He has so much to lose...50% of nothing is nothing so if a poor man ended up getting divorced he would have less than what he started with...

I just don't get it...

**BRILLIANT IDEA** Perhaps we should outlaw all marriages because a few folks can't understand why someone would partake...not that reasons for folks getting married is anyone elses business but the married couple...
Who said anything about outlawing marriage or did I miss something?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:53 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Who said anything about outlawing marriage or did I miss something?
Facetious...and a silly response to a silly question...

Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
Facetious...and a silly response to a silly question...
Ahh, and an illogical response too. Makes sense as you are Mrs Stewart.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:23 AM

136 posts, read 726,540 times
Quote:
Yes, I guess you are all right...rich men don't have the same desires that mere mortals have since they must be super human to be that wealthy
I understand the universal appeal of marriage. But men with a very high networth pay such a steep price for it that I am questioning if it really makes sense for them.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:30 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejj2004 View Post
I understand the universal appeal of marriage. But men with a very high networth pay such a steep price for it that I am questioning if it really makes sense for them.
Leaving the emotional reasons aside, again you make the assumption they did not make this money together over a period of time. No where in your original posts answers a number of questions to which I refer you to my previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yet there is no citation regarding how long they were married, if she is a contributor, and the big one - were they together before they became wealthy - and I say 'they' very firmly. A lot of women support their husbands while they expand their empire and a lot of men marry women who were wealthy before they wed as well.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
The problem for rich men is they too often want to buy trophy wives who turn out to be golddiggers. Surprise surprise - the young bimbo with the plastic 38D's didn't turn out to be a loving, ungreedy wife.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 AM

136 posts, read 726,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem for rich men is they too often want to buy trophy wives who turn out to be golddiggers. Surprise surprise - the young bimbo with the plastic 38D's didn't turn out to be a loving, ungreedy wife.
Universal studies have consistently shown that for ALL women economic success is the #1 thing they look for in men, and scientifically women who have sex with rich men have more ograsms. Golddiggers do exist like Anna Nicole but I am not talking about that here but instead regular marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships