Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 05:34 PM

612 posts, read 1,847,370 times

Advertisements

This seems a little juvenile to ask but this has been bothering the hell outta me for weeks! Sorry this is a bit long.

I met this cool girl at work in April and have had a few conversations now and then. She's been hinting that she likes me.

Last Sunday, I informed her that I was moving out of town about 30 minutes away... She then ASKED for my number... Well it was a shock to me. I gave her my number and she texted me after her shift since I had to work longer. Message went like this: We'll call her J

Her: Hey Johnny this is "J", save the number so we can keep in touch if you like.

Me: I replied saying: Definitely, You do the same and if you ever want to talk in person, I'm only 30 minutes away. (I then wished her good luck with a certain event)

Her: Thank you. Maybe we can hang out sometime

Me: I'd like that. Have a good night

Her: Good night
That was one of the best convos in awhile

Ok so I texted her this past Thursday saying if she'd like to do something and she never replied... I didn't bother sending her anymore messages...

Saw her at work today. I didn't mention anything to her about the text and she said nothing else but was curious to know why I hadn't transfered... Explained to her that something came up and that I'd be sticking around. She replied pretty casually about it.

I texted her a few hours ago asking if she was free next week... I haven't gotten any reply and anticipating on not getting one again. This is kind of saddening seeing that I really like this gal and I thought she liked me too... But now starting to think I'm wasting my time. I feel like I need to stop pursuing her but a part of me is telling me to keep on asking....

I just need some opinions or thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong, am I wasting my time, should I restrategize, etc.

Just some facts: She's 23 and deaf. I'm 20 and hard-of-hearing so we both know sign language (and that's why texting is used here).

Any help is appreciated! I won't see her until next weekend at work and don't plan on hearing/talking to her until then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 05:39 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,999,391 times
Just a thought ...
maybe she is not comfortable seeing/dating someone from work?
Had you moved out of town - 30 minutes away, that would not have been the case.

It's also possible that something "came up" on her side. i.e. maybe she met someone else, had second thoughts, etc.

If you are still interested in her - ask her to lunch, see what happens.
Best wishes

Old 10-18-2009, 06:06 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,261,043 times
I met this cool girl at work in April and have had a few conversations now and then. She's been hinting that she likes me.

I didn't need to read much farther than this to assess or conclude your problem here.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM

918 posts, read 1,646,788 times
Dating someone from work is a serious no-no. Trust me.... I did, it went down in flames, and now work sucks.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
Just a thought ...
maybe she is not comfortable seeing/dating someone from work?
Had you moved out of town - 30 minutes away, that would not have been the case.

It's also possible that something "came up" on her side. i.e. maybe she met someone else, had second thoughts, etc.

If you are still interested in her - ask her to lunch, see what happens.
Best wishes
I kind of had a feeling it'd be different if I moved/transfered... would've been better and actually if we starting dating, the relationship would be more interesting...

I guess I won't know if she is seeing someone else or whatever. I might ask her friend which happens to be a good mutual friend so that's an option. As for lunch, I dunno... I'm just gonna play it cool for now. Just an occasional "Hi" at work, no texts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I didn't need to read much farther than this to assess or conclude your problem here.
You probably should since I describe more in detail but ah well lol. I must be getting my hopes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Dating someone from work is a serious no-no. Trust me.... I did, it went down in flames, and now work sucks.
Trust me, I always swore myself I would never date someone from work... I even mentioned that in some threads on here but when I saw this girl, I had to jump on the offer (or lack thereof). This girl is beautiful and I mean it... blue eyes, light brown hair.... for someone that's not even my type looks-wise to get my attention is alot.

But I've got to thinkin'... She might have trust issues with men as she told me her ex cheated on her and got her arrested... I was surprised she informed me of that and that right there made me back out of asking her out... This was just before she asked for my number...

These last two texts were just to get together... Never did I say anything about a date. Just a casual, fun get-together maybe with friends... I wanted to ask her if she was busy this coming week in person but our schedules conflicted and didn't grab the chance so I texted her instead.

Thanks for help

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 10-18-2009 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: Grammar sucks tonight

Old 10-18-2009, 07:05 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,416,202 times
I don't think you've doneanything wrong. I guess you should just ride it out. We've all been in situations like that. Hopefully she will text you back.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:31 PM

4,574 posts, read 9,186,150 times
I'd say move on. No point trying to court a girl who isn't being as receptive as you would like. Life is too short to chase one girl when you are single, move on, there are plenty of fish in the sea

Old 10-18-2009, 07:39 PM

40,996 posts, read 49,408,222 times
From what I've read she's not responding to your texts and that may be the problem.

Could it be she does not have her phone set up to receive texts or they are not going through ? Can you ask her out for coffee in person ?

Old 10-18-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I'd say move on. No point trying to court a girl who isn't being as receptive as you would like. Life is too short to chase one girl when you are single, move on, there are plenty of fish in the sea
Well it's pretty much a "pond" seeing as I mostly like to date hard-of-hearing/deaf girls... What sucks is that the deaf community here: EVERYONE knows EVERYBODY... So one mess up, everyone knows

UPDATE: She FINALLY replied... My heart literally jumped... Turns out she was babysitting... Asked her to lunch... see what she says... hopefully won't have to wait another 5 hours... GAWD!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,186,569 times
My fingers are crossed, Johnny! I hope it works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships