Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:56 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
My fingers are crossed, Johnny! I hope it works out for you.
Thanks for the help lol

Lunch Wednesday... What a turn of events. Thanks y'all. Now just gotta do a good job... this will be our first time seeing each other outside of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
Thanks for the help lol

Lunch Wednesday... What a turn of events. Thanks y'all. Now just gotta do a good job... this will be our first time seeing each other outside of work.
I wish you best of luck...fingers cross it works out for you..

Old 10-19-2009, 05:08 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times
The Deaf/HoH community is very small, keep it light for now -- and good luck.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:45 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,960 times
I met this cool girl at work

is where i stopped reading

DON'T DO IT

Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 AM

966 posts, read 2,446,541 times
I would let things ride and maybe try again after the move. Dating a coworker is a problem for many people. She may not have the heart to come out and tell you that. Hope it works out for you.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the help lol

Hey, congratulations. i would still take it nice and easy.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:17 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
The Deaf/HoH community is very small, keep it light for now -- and good luck.
Trust me, I know. Everybody knows each other since they mostly went to the same deaf school for 12 years... I didn't go to a deaf school though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
I met this cool girl at work

is where i stopped reading

DON'T DO IT
Why? Think she is too COOL to be associated with me? I'm curious to hear why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
I would let things ride and maybe try again after the move. Dating a coworker is a problem for many people. She may not have the heart to come out and tell you that. Hope it works out for you.
I thought I mentioned it, but the move and transfer is a no-go. Something came up so I'll be sticking around my hometown for a few more months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Hey, congratulations. i would still take it nice and easy.
Thanks. Definitely. I have no intentions of this being a date. Just a good chit-chat over sushi/chinese... Awesome lunch with an awesome gal.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
She's a manipulator. Move on.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM

Right. You took the words out of my mouth, so to speak. Don't see it as a "date," just two friends hanging out, having a good time, getting to know each other. Have a blast. No pressure...

Old 10-21-2009, 11:52 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,164,319 times
Quote:
This seems a little juvenile to ask but this has been bothering the hell outta me for weeks! Sorry this is a bit long.

I met this cool girl at work in April and have had a few conversations now and then. She's been hinting that she likes me.

Last Sunday, I informed her that I was moving out of town about 30 minutes away... She then ASKED for my number... Well it was a shock to me. I gave her my number and she texted me after her shift since I had to work longer. Message went like this: We'll call her J

Her: Hey Johnny this is "J", save the number so we can keep in touch if you like.

Me: I replied saying: Definitely, You do the same and if you ever want to talk in person, I'm only 30 minutes away. (I then wished her good luck with a certain event)

Her: Thank you. Maybe we can hang out sometime

Me: I'd like that. Have a good night

Her: Good night
That was one of the best convos in awhile

Ok so I texted her this past Thursday saying if she'd like to do something and she never replied... I didn't bother sending her anymore messages...

Saw her at work today. I didn't mention anything to her about the text and she said nothing else but was curious to know why I hadn't transfered... Explained to her that something came up and that I'd be sticking around. She replied pretty casually about it.

I texted her a few hours ago asking if she was free next week... I haven't gotten any reply and anticipating on not getting one again. This is kind of saddening seeing that I really like this gal and I thought she liked me too... But now starting to think I'm wasting my time. I feel like I need to stop pursuing her but a part of me is telling me to keep on asking....

I just need some opinions or thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong, am I wasting my time, should I restrategize, etc.

Just some facts: She's 23 and deaf. I'm 20 and hard-of-hearing so we both know sign language (and that's why texting is used here).

Any help is appreciated! I won't see her until next weekend at work and don't plan on hearing/talking to her until then...

She probably just isn't that interested in you. I don't know much about deaf women, I only dated one that was hard of hearing and she had very low self-esteem so I walked.

The thing is, it shouldn't matter why, it should just matter that she isn't texting you back, so you should just stop and move on. How much you like her is irrelevant to the situation. She sounds like a rollercoaster, up and down, she may like you next month, but will she like you the month after? Do you really want to put yourself in that mess?

The only thing I can think of outside of that is maybe she wanted to see you knowing you were not going to work at that office anymore. Some women are very weird about office relationships and aren't comfortable, maybe that's why when she realized you were still working there she was caugh off guard.

My take on that is that if a girl really likes you it shouldn't matter. I've had girls tell me that they won't date someone in the workplace and then a few months later their BF is a guy they met at work. Go figure.

Just move on dude, not worth the pain and/or suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships