Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:22 PM

354 posts, read 1,283,136 times

Advertisements

Pets are messy nuisance and it is much easier to enjoy a little of someone elses pet and go home to a clean quiet home. You do not have to worry about the expensed or compromising your life style because of the responsibilities you have for them. Take care, the same can be said for your natural children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,812,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
That is the cutest cat I've seen in a long time!! You may want to put your dirty socks away before you shoot a pic!

Absolutely not, thats what gives it authenticity...besides I put them back on later. I just wanted to feel cold so I could wrap up in a blanket for a few hours. I also didn't want to move around too much and disturb him, it might have made him shift and ruin the shot. The best part is there was a 47" flat screen about three feet in front of his face.

37,682 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I've posted this before but its worth posting again. If a woman can't accept this dude on the couch then she's not worth it...especially because you can clearly tell he ain't moving.
He's adorable. I'd not mind him one bit.

13,784 posts, read 26,273,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher521 View Post
Pets are messy nuisance and it is much easier to enjoy a little of someone elses pet and go home to a clean quiet home. You do not have to worry about the expensed or compromising your life style because of the responsibilities you have for them. Take care, the same can be said for your natural children.
I can tell you now my home is cleaner than anyone else I know and I have pets and children...

Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,273,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason28 View Post
absolutely not, thats what gives it authenticity...besides i put them back on later. I just wanted to feel cold so i could wrap up in a blanket for a few hours. I also didn't want to move around to much and disturb him, it might have made him shift and ruin the shot. The best part is there was a 47" flat screen about three feet in front of his face.
:d:d:d

Old 10-19-2009, 09:27 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,812,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher521 View Post
I agree some pets can be a headache, especially dogs that have no training. Cats really aren't too bad and if its only one of them they're cake. I scoop his litter a few times a week and pour him food/water each day...thats it. I could try to ignore him but he won't leave me alone, which I don't mind so much because he's only 8 pounds.

Edit: Also pets say a lot about a person and their responsibility levels. Not everyone can take care of a pet efficiently. You can tell a lot about a person by how good of condition their pet is in and how they treat it. This gives off a good indicator of how they treat others, and potentially children.

Last edited by Jason28; 10-19-2009 at 09:35 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,237,115 times
Haven't read all of the post but just know as an avid pet lover and owner, I would never be in a relationship w/ someone who didn't share my love for animals.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,416,106 times
I'd keep going with it.. Besides, if it doesn't work out, and the pet is big enough - free dinner.

A little lemon marinade, a side of garlic potato wedges...

I wasn't a pet person either, but ended up with two cats - somehow.. Felt sorry for the furry buggers. After a few weeks, I actually started to like the fleabags. Now, I couldn't live without 'em, even though they are a pain in my...

Still, they keep me amused. Who would have ever thought that a piece of string, a fake mouse, and a ceiling fan could be so much fun.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 AM

29,765 posts, read 34,474,741 times
I don't hate animals, but I don't have any, either. I'm allergic to cats and dogs--have been my whole life, and I'm not going to go around drugged up on allergy medicine 24/7 to make a guy happy.

I like animals, really, but I also like not spending hundreds of dollars a year on vet bills, being able to travel without making pet-sitting arrangements, not having clothes and furniture covered in fur, not worrying about fleas and ticks, and not having to pick up poop. For me, the convenience factor of not having pets greatly outweighs the companionship factor of having them.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 10-20-2009 at 07:59 AM..

Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,963,419 times
I've got allergies, so yes it would be a deal breaker, especially if she didn't have a pet already. Thats inconsiderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships