Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
do you know how many i have personally known who are dead, i mean personal friends-- from AIDS?????
dont read 1/2 the post read it all -- the distrust issues caused by "swinging" a severe form of open relationship, take years of diligent therapy to correct. the distrust is very deep. the behavior is usually pressed upon the other partner against their will. someone you know trust and love betrays that trust of your love, for their own selfish reasons, causing immeasurable emotional damage-- truly ---evil is not a lifestyle.
this is old stuff it was preached in the 60's free love along with the drug culture they be dead.
Well, you have your opinions, but I personally know hundreds of swingers, that have never contracted any diseases, and have never had to go into therapy and were not forced into it by their partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 10:30 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,019,677 times
Quote:
Yet I know hundreds of swingers that have been in the lifestyle...
Damn! That's more PEOPLE than I know!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Damn! That's more PEOPLE than I know!
maybe you don't get out much...LOL...

People that go to swingers conferences, swingers clubs, swingers events, get to know each other fairly well. It is something that they share in common, and are able to talk freely about their choices without having others judge them, and tell them things that they think are true, when the swingers know it isnt the case.

So yes, I know hundreds of swingers and have met thousands in the past 10 to 15 years.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:08 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
I suspect that most women dating attractive men (looks, money and “confidence”) either do not realize they are in an “open relationship” or delude themselves into thinking “I’m the only one”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
However, it fits into a wider body of research known as evolutionary psychology [that] suggests that both men and women are genetically predisposed to ruthlessly exploit each other to achieve the best chances of survival for their genes.

Here is the math. In an open relationship you have the opportunity to cuckold him with a superior male while he provides. That is the female basal drive. His spread it around basal drive does no more than really offset this. Hence stalemate. Does not the above predict that open relationships will be few, but cheating will be much more common?
Its only when such men start to actually consider settling down that they realize they are addicted to the “open relationship” and then look for a women who is willing to accept that. Of course, they are well aware of the risk of being cuckolded them self!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Oh please, then tell me, if open relationships are natures way of rolling out the welcome mat of AIDS, then how come there are millions of people in the swinging lifestyle that have never contracted a STD of any kind?
Luck, I suppose and being careful. If you swap straight over, with a middle class couple, and they are both otherwise monogamous........ well there should be no risk. However, there is always tremendous uncertainty about how trustworthy anyone is.

For some sectors such as young women between 16 and 22, there is a 25% rate of STDs. This doesn't mean that the rest were practicing abstinence. They are just luckier, but their number could come up tomorrow!

Here the risk rate is quite high, because they are mostly pursuing the most attractive young men they can possibly attract. Such men are almost always into “open relationships” and are now the most common vector for transmission. The remaining 80% to 90% of young men actually have a very low STD rate, as a result.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Well, you have your opinions, but I personally know hundreds of swingers, that have never contracted any diseases, and have never had to go into therapy and were not forced into it by their partner.
is newton's law an opinion? if so it is a good one. i know some high achievers that are crackheads, but one day like newton's law they crash, in SF financial district it happens everyday --drugs and swinging (ham n eggs). they go up fast and go down just as fast.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:15 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I suspect that most women dating attractive men (looks, money and “confidence”) either do not realize they are in an “open relationship” or delude themselves into thinking “I’m the only one”.

Its only when such men start to actually consider settling down that they realize they are addicted to the “open relationship” and then look for a women who is willing to accept that. Of course, they are well aware of the risk of being cuckolded them self!

Luck, I suppose and being careful. If you swap straight over, with a middle class couple, and they are both otherwise monogamous........ well there should be no risk. However, there is always tremendous uncertainty about how trustworthy anyone is.

For some sectors such as young women between 16 and 22, there is a 25% rate of STDs. This doesn't mean that the rest were practicing abstinence. They are just luckier, but their number could come up tomorrow!

Here the risk rate is quite high, because they are mostly pursuing the most attractive young men they can possibly attract. Such men are almost always into “open relationships” and are now the most common vector for transmission. The remaining 80% to 90% of young men actually have a very low STD rate, as a result.

Hi NotARedneck,

What we have now in the free sex environment is a social regression. Attractive women have sex with the top attractive(alpha) males. Hypergamous women think the bad boy loves them, but then are routinely dumped by them though several cycles. Then women settle for the provider(beta) types after going through the stud farm sex mills.

Previously some social insulation was afforded women and provider males. Now its bitter jilted women and disgusted providers getting used goods.

Since I had some matter of faith, aversion to STDs and discipline, I avoided this growing sub culture. When I was ready, I just side stepped it all and picked a relatively young woman. I didn't want left overs who's idea of purity is that her crabs cleared up.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
is newton's law an opinion? if so it is a good one. i know some high achievers that are crackheads, but one day like newton's law they crash, in SF financial district it happens everyday --drugs and swinging (ham n eggs). they go up fast and go down just as fast.
Oh, so you are basing your thought off of the way it is in one area of the World? But, I will contact some swing clubs and swingers groups in the SF area, to find out if you are correct that AIDS happens alot, also if drugs happen alot in the Swinging lifstyle in SF. If so, then it would be a good thing to know, to be able to stay away from that area.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:21 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
The reason people get all sorts of strange fantasies and fetishes is because we over glorify sex.
Fantasies are just that.. They just naturally play it out in the person's mind. No one can control one's thoughts. As for strange fantasies/fetishes what makes it so? After all, everyone has different fantasies. So why rule out which fantasy is weird versus which is not?
Quote:
Fast forward that problem a thousand times with sex and you have modern society.
And what should be the ''normal'' society according to you? Waiting till marriage teachings and placing shame on the kid when it comes to sex talk like many parents do till this day, sadly, how pathetic. Many focus on only teaching about abstinence when they should be focusing more on teaching them about taking responsibilities which means protection used as well as the consequences for unprotected sex?
Quote:
Its basically a mental illness that is "acceptable" because people make lots and lots of money off of it.
I see.. so everyone should fantasize according to what you think it's normal? As far as pedophile, well that's a criminal offense and jail time. I don't see how you can compare this to an open relationship which is not a crime...

Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
I can't imagine wanting my SO to be with someone else. And if I really loved my SO I would not want to be with anyone else. It just doesn't make sense.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:29 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,054 times
More midgits in suitcases for me! ; )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships