Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:04 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,159 times

Advertisements

I just realize when it comes to open relationships, many men would only want it for themselves, their own satisfy but yet get jealous if we thought about doing the same thing..

This is funny.... Only about two days ago me and my boyfriend had a thought about it. Well see, I had fantasize for a while about him doing other things with another woman or getting it on online. He was the one who brought up that topic and was asking what I would feel sharing him..

But he immediately changed his mind back to committed relationship when I told him it would have to be 50/50. Meaning, I share him but he would share me as well too (obviously I would want to do the same thing). He was like, oh no I was only thinking of a woman doing things on me and you watching.

Then I proceed with the idea of a half-way open relationship. Meaning there is no sex or the other sexual acts but kissing and fonding. He almost was about to agree until he knew I would be doing the same.
As for online sex, same thing. He doesn't want to do it because he wouldn't be happy if I were to do it. IMO an open relationship is 50/50, same as a committed relationship. Why should one do something and the other can't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 09:10 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Yes there are many men that feel this way, and it of course deals with insecurity and jealousy issues. On the other hand there are many many men out there, that don't have the same types of problems, if this wasnt the case there wouldnt be the millions of swinging couples around the world.

If both people can't allow themselves to be open when it comes to an open relationship, then they should never venture into it, because it will cause more problems in the long run.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:11 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,932 times
First of all this is a bad idea. Second of all most people are selfish, its not just men. Lastly, this guy sounds like he has problems.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:14 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Sounds like he wants his cake and eat it too but is not willing to share it. If one person has reservations about being "open" then it's not going to work. You are playing with matches, be careful.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Lastly, this guy sounds like he has problems.
I guess he wanted to be open with me on this subject which is why before he started talking about this, he asked if I was going to get mad. But he didn't know I had those fantasies as well. When I was starting to explained to him about me getting turn on as I watched him kissed and petting another girl, he was glad to hear it but slowly turned the deal off as I explained to him he would then be doing the same thing, watched me kissed and fondle another man as well.

As for me, I would have no problems if he wants an open relationship but he would have to let me do the same thing as well. It doesn't work that way where one wants to do it for himself and the girl can't.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
open relationship is natures way of rolling out the welcome mat for AIDS. aside from that little fact also certainly the best distrust tattoo parlor known to man.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:22 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
open relationship is natures way of rolling out the welcome mat for AIDS. aside from that little fact also certainly the best distrust tattoo parlor known to man.
Oh please, then tell me, if open relationships are natures way of rolling out the welcome mat of AIDS, then how come there are millions of people in the swinging lifestyle that have never contracted a STD of any kind? Just because you don't agree with someone lifestyle choice, don't mean that it is something that will cause harm or death.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:22 AM

382 posts, read 758,618 times
Guys don't like to share their toys.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:23 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I guess he wanted to be open with me on this subject which is why before he started talking about this, he asked if I was going to get mad. But he didn't know I had those fantasies as well. When I was starting to explained to him about me getting turn on as I watched him kissed and petting another girl, he was glad to hear it but slowly turned the deal off as I explained to him he would then be doing the same thing, watched me kissed and fondle another man as well.
I think open relationships are wrong on several levels but you go ahead and do whatever makes you happy. The reason people get all sorts of strange fantasies and fetishes is because we over glorify sex. When people are hungry you don't see a roasted chicken dancing on a pole and half hiding its breasts. Fast forward that problem a thousand times with sex and you have modern society. It is unfathomable to me how some people get turned on by beastiality, pedophilia, and other things like midgets in suitcases. Its basically a mental illness that is "acceptable" because people make lots and lots of money off of it.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
"midgets in suitcases"
I agree 100%, Jason28...but you had me laughing out loud with this comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships