Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times

Advertisements

It makes sense... If the guy can't handle another man doing it with us then don't ask for an open relationship in the first place. It's easy for them to ask if another woman can join in since they get to pleasure her while I obviously don't like girl on girl thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 08:44 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I just realize when it comes to open relationships, many men would only want it for themselves, their own satisfy but yet get jealous if we thought about doing the same thing..

This is funny.... Only about two days ago me and my boyfriend had a thought about it. Well see, I had fantasize for a while about him doing other things with another woman or getting it on online. He was the one who brought up that topic and was asking what I would feel sharing him..

But he immediately changed his mind back to committed relationship when I told him it would have to be 50/50. Meaning, I share him but he would share me as well too (obviously I would want to do the same thing). He was like, oh no I was only thinking of a woman doing things on me and you watching.

Then I proceed with the idea of a half-way open relationship. Meaning there is no sex or the other sexual acts but kissing and fonding. He almost was about to agree until he knew I would be doing the same.
As for online sex, same thing. He doesn't want to do it because he wouldn't be happy if I were to do it. IMO an open relationship is 50/50, same as a committed relationship. Why should one do something and the other can't...

It's called hypocrisy on his part. That, and the fear that you may enjoy being with another man more than him. In his own mind he probably feels as though he can handle an open relationship in his end, that is, he feels confident that he can have women on the side only for fun yet devote his feelings and emotions only to you. Offering an open relationship is a slippery slope, and unless both partners are totally confident and secure with one another it probably won't work. Typically nothing is as good as we imagine it in our heads.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
What an amusing thread. Didn't learn anything new, not even a single opinion that I haven't heard a kajillion times before in various forums, but did enjoy the one guy who said he was fine with the knowledge that a beautiful woman taking a dump on his chest did nothing for him at the end of the day.

At the end of the day:

- the women still think men are all selfish pigs who are insecure about their size and that's the ONLY reason they don't push the swinging door both ways

- there are a select group of men who are reaaaaally strongly in touch with their feminine side (read "sensitive new-age guys") who put down men who reject that both ways thing while secretly hoping some woman out there will notice what great, open-minded guys THEY are for thinking this way and then bed them

- there's a group of guys who take the question seriously and try to explain anthropology and evolution and the reason for the different behaviours of the genders; they are labeled homosexual by the camp of SNAGs and derisively marked as having small members by the man-haters

- there's a group of women who roll their eyes at the whole thing, women who are pretty date-worthy and typically don't fantasize about their men doing other women by way of justifying their own desire to do another guy

- there's a collective group who think anything remotely conservative is both small-minded and regressive; they are, coincidentally, fully cognizant of the fact that each of their many divorces was entirely their ex-partner's fault

Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
Don't generalize it as being insecure. Just because you don't wish for another man to join the bed, does not make you insecure. And the size very rarely has anything to do with it, what so ever.
First of all I am a female so what are you talking about? I would definitely want another man in the bedroom he wouldn't he would just want another female in the bed. That's why I said insecure.

If your going to comment on my respond please pay attention first.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
I think he meant you as in "one", not you as in specifically YOU.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:23 AM

173 posts, read 610,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I think he meant you as in "one", not you as in specifically YOU.
Thank you, you're very correct.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 7,975 times
insecurity is all relative. true love should overcome one being insecure. if you love someone and they love you, another person shouldn't break that bond. If anything, perhaps they can add to it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships