Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 05:40 PM

224 posts, read 528,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I have noticed that when I am happy, I get hit on A LOT. It's just attractive when someone is happy, and other people respond. Looks is part of it, but not all of it.
This is huge - smiling makes all the difference in the world

Happy people want to be around happy people. Think about the last time you were about to sit down at a huge dinner table: do you sit at the end of the table where everyone is bursting out in laughter, or the other end where everyone is silent and staring at their iPhones??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:56 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,634,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Really? Why would a guy NOT want that problem?
She was quoting me when she wrote that post, my answer is I love women and because of that reality I would love to.have that problem in fact I would not call it a problem I would call it a bkessing or a fortune. Attractive or not any attention cominb from women is attention I welcome and why wouldn't I?

Old 09-09-2014, 07:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Her intent is to put a different perspective on the female situation and to point out that the grass isn't necessarily greener.

We could all do better to try and understand where the other gender is coming from, objectively. There are things that men have trouble understanding about life as a woman, and definitely vice versa. So Nila's post was an analogy created to help in that regard. Does that make sense?
I understand what she was trying to say, sort of. But the situations were a bit fantastic, as in a bit far from reality, and not exactly analogous. Women do welcome attention, the right kind, from the right kind of men, at least by their standards. Men, at least straight men, do not welcome attention of any kind from gay men.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
She was quoting me when she wrote that post, my answer is I love women and because of that reality I would love to.have that problem in fact I would not call it a problem I would call it a bkessing or a fortune. Attractive or not any attention cominb from women is attention I welcome and why wouldn't I?
Yes, I know it was your post. I agree with it of course.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
I understand what she was trying to say, sort of. But the situations were a bit fantastic, as in a bit far from reality, and not exactly analogous. Women do welcome attention, the right kind, from the right kind of men, at least by their standards. Men, at least straight men, do not welcome attention of any kind from gay men.
Yes - but the point is that you don't get to pick and choose who hits on you or who pays attention to you.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes - but the point is that you don't get to pick and choose who hits on you or who pays attention to you.
I'm sure that's true. Just saying, I guess, that I would welcome harassment from women. I guess I'm immune from any sort of harassment in any case though.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:48 PM

5,367 posts, read 5,161,594 times
I've never got hit on or hit on anyone cold turkey, cause it's weird. But I've wanted to before. The most disappointing thing when I do is that they already are married or engaged or something like that and then its just weird to talk normal after that.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:15 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,634,679 times
Quote:
I'm sure that's true. Just saying, I guess, that I would welcome harassment from women. I guess I'm immune from any sort of harassment in any case though.
One thing that I was trying to point out is the immense difference between the genders when.it comes to this issue, here you have women complaining about men hitting on them and yet for a lot of men that would be an awesome thing. So let's say you are a woman and men hit on you a lot, that means they find you attractive and desirable, what is so wrong and bad about that? As a man if women hit on me a lot why should that bother me? Now if we were saying that those women were constantly approaching me to tell me how ugly and undesirable I am as a man then now I have a reason to be upset and so does a woman but that is not what this is about. Women get hit on by men and that bothers them. It is incredible, no wonder some men stop approaching women altogether. I certainly would never become.the type of man who would be approaching or hitting on women, forget that. Since it bothers them.so much I won't put them.through the incerdibly painful agony of having to get complements from me. I will leave the honor of being label a creep to some other guy.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
One thing that I was trying to point out is the immense difference between the genders when.it comes to this issue, here you have women complaining about men hitting on them and yet for a lot of men that would be an awesome thing. So let's say you are a woman and men hit on you a lot, that means they find you attractive and desirable, what is so wrong and bad about that? As a man if women hit on me a lot why should that bother me? Now if we were saying that those women were constantly approaching me to tell me how ugly and undesirable I am as a man then now I have a reason to be upset and so does a woman but that is not what this is about. Women get hit on by men and that bothers them. It is incredible, no wonder some men stop approaching women altogether. I certainly would never become.the type of man who would be approaching or hitting on women, forget that. Since it bothers them.so much I won't put them.through the incerdibly painful agony of having to get complements from me. I will leave the honor of being label a creep to some other guy.
I think that most women (or this is how I feel, anyway) are flattered when someone hits on them or compliments them in a respectful manner. The thing that you aren't understanding is that sometimes men hit on women in a disrespectful or even scary manner. A man telling me that I'm attractive and that he'd like to take me out - that's great. A man not taking no for an answer, following me down the street, telling me to turn around so that he can admire my body while I'm at work, etc. - those things are not flattering. This is what bothers women.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:53 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,442,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I think that most women (or this is how I feel, anyway) are flattered when someone hits on them or compliments them in a respectful manner. The thing that you aren't understanding is that sometimes men hit on women in a disrespectful or even scary manner. A man telling me that I'm attractive and that he'd like to take me out - that's great. A man not taking no for an answer, following me down the street, telling me to turn around so that he can admire my body while I'm at work, etc. - those things are not flattering. This is what bothers women.
Most women would miss the attention if it suddenly stopped. Beit Repectful manner or disrespectful manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships