Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:05 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times

Advertisements

This may turn out to be an interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 39 and he has not had a relationship with a woman for 15 years. When I first heard this, from him, I thought, this guy is a total LOSER but he is not a LOSER, actually he is a very smart dude, but he has some "issues" that can totally prevent a man from finding a good woman or any woman for that matter:

1- He is emotionally immature, he goes out on a date and he becomes attached to a woman right away and the girl gets scared away. He always asks for a kiss on the first date which I think is pretty lame, I am sure he has turned off 50% of the girls he has been out with just by asking for a kiss on the first date.

2- He is a very negative person, his whole outlook on life is negative and pessimistic, girls HATE that. One thing that I have learned over the years is that, if you can make a girl laugh, often, she will start to like you, it always works for me

3- Low self esteem! When he approaches a girl, in his mind, he already thinks that he will never have a chance with that girl, guess what? They turn him DOWN! Girls look for guys who are confident, even if it is BS! That is why you see so many douches and *******s with nice looking girls

4- Every time he has been on a date where there was chemistry, he was so insecure about not getting a second date that he usually blows it all by asking if the girls wants to make out right there or have a one night stand with him. And you wonder why he has not had a girlfriend for so long?

5- When he is interested in a girl, he will call her several times a day and most girls hate this. With so many stalkers out there, I am sure most girls think he may be a psycho and don't want anything to do with him after that.You have to be in control of your emotions if you want to be in a relationship.

Anyways, if you are having hard times finding a woman, these may be some of the reasons WHY Feel free to add some more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 06:12 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Number 3 is spot on for me. Nothing is more unappealing and unattractive than a man with no self esteem. Now, I don't want an arrogant man, but a healthy amount of self esteem is a must.

That would go for anyone in my life, relationships with people that have low self esteem are difficult to maintain.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This may turn out to be an interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 39 and he has not had a relationship with a woman for 15 years. When I first heard this, from him, I thought, this guy is a total LOSER but he is not a LOSER, actually he is a very smart dude, but he has some "issues" that can totally prevent a man from finding a good woman or any woman for that matter:

1- He is emotionally immature, he goes out on a date and he becomes attached to a woman right away and the girl gets scared away. He always asks for a kiss on the first date which I think is pretty lame, I am sure he has turned off 50% of the girls he has been out with just by asking for a kiss on the first date.

2- He is a very negative person, his whole outlook on life is negative and pessimistic, girls HATE that. One thing that I have learned over the years is that, if you can make a girl laugh, often, she will start to like you, it always works for me

3- Low self esteem! When he approaches a girl, in his mind, he already thinks that he will never have a chance with that girl, guess what? They turn him DOWN! Girls look for guys who are confident, even if it is BS! That is why you see so many douches and *******s with nice looking girls

4- Every time he has been on a date where there was chemistry, he was so insecure about not getting a second date that he usually blows it all by asking if the girls wants to make out right there or have a one night stand with him. And you wonder why he has not had a girlfriend for so long?

5- When he is interested in a girl, he will call her several times a day and most girls hate this. With so many stalkers out there, I am sure most girls think he may be a psycho and don't want anything to do with him after that.You have to be in control of your emotions if you want to be in a relationship.

Anyways, if you are having hard times finding a woman, these may be some of the reasons WHY Feel free to add some more!

Like most men who can't find a woman, HE is his own worst enemy

When a guy can be honest with himself and accept some responsibility for being all alone, THEN there is hope he can make some positive changes and actually attract a woman.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:16 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
The Miss "I want to help the socially inept" pageant starts again

Old 12-05-2009, 06:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Number 3 is spot on for me. Nothing is more unappealing and unattractive than a man with no self esteem. Now, I don't want an arrogant man, but a healthy amount of self esteem is a must.

That would go for anyone in my life, relationships with people that have low self esteem are difficult to maintain.
I agree with Mona! Confidence is a must!

Old 12-05-2009, 06:34 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Wow, your friend sums up everything I do NOT want in a guy.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Wow, your friend sums up everything I do NOT want in a guy.
Really?! I thought OP just described every woman's dream man!

Old 12-05-2009, 06:38 PM

956 posts, read 1,767,297 times
Sigh. What's up with all these parents who turn out such winners? !

Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Really?! I thought OP just described every woman's dream man!
LOL I stand corrected

Old 12-05-2009, 06:47 PM

462 posts, read 968,628 times
#2 makes me run in a hurry! I can not be around negative people!

I surround myself with happy fun people who make me laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships