Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have a friend who can't ever get a woman. He's a nice guy, but it's pretty obvious why:

1. He's grossly overweight and does nothing about it.

2. He has a horrible, ratty haircut. Does nothing about it.

3. He's pretty negative, and if you ask him what's up, he will go on about everything bad or annoying that has happened lately.

4. He has a really boring job. That's not a problem. In fact, it may even be an interesting job in computer programming. Who knows? The problem is that he won't stop droning about the minute details of what he does or his latest projects to the point that you go searching for a gun to shoot yourself and end the misery.

5. He has no sense of appropriateness sometimes. Took me aside at my own wedding to catch me up on all his problems.

6. He has really, really geeky hobbies. I mean, really geeky. Which is fine. To each their own. But he will actively make fun of other people's hobbies and has said he would never take a girl dancing because he thinks dancing is dumb.

7. It's always about what's wrong with everyone else with little or no efforts towards self-improvement.
I think it's safe to say not everyone is meant to be in a relationship. There are definitely some people that are better living alone, like the guy you just mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Sigh. What's up with all these parents who turn out such winners? !
Don't blame the parents. Blame a public school mentality that crushes real confidence, eliminates experience and destroys the potential of so many, while making a small select group of the attractive (primarily jocks and wealthy layabouts, who usually have many hidden flaws) appear to be the only game in town.

When women say they want confidence, polish, a lack of desperation (usually only percieved) and a number of other "must have" attributes, what they are saying is that anyone they date must have been in the A pool from about the age of 15, have acquires the often cynical methods for dealing with women and have already demonstrated to other women that he is "worthy" of their pursuit.

Many males opt out at this stage in their life, attempting to develop their real potential and assuming that they can re-enter the fray with a better package later. This often makes things even even worse.

Now, not only do they lack the superficial attributes prized by teens but women are suspicious about why they lack ongoing experience.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:45 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,108 times
he probably has a itty bitty penis

Old 12-07-2009, 01:03 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
"Men who can't find women"? Is there really such a thing? I don't know one man ever who wanted a woman, but couldn't find one. I guess it maybe a little harder to find that special one, but if you're a man u can get a woman if you want one.
True, but sadly for many men, not a woman they'd want. I'm not talking about looks either.

Finding someone who has it together is a big problem unless you relish the role of medical caregiver, bail bondsman, boxing referee, amateur psychologist or financial tight rope walker.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:41 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I think it's safe to say not everyone is meant to be in a relationship. There are definitely some people that are better living alone, like the guy you just mentioned.
Lol...and he wants a mate so bad...but then he disparages every woman he meets. I tried to set him up with someone (more attractive than he is, but by no means a supermodel), and he acted insulted.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:13 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,386,339 times
Quote:
I have a friend who can't ever get a woman. He's a nice guy, but it's pretty obvious why:

1. He's grossly overweight and does nothing about it.

2. He has a horrible, ratty haircut. Does nothing about it.

3. He's pretty negative, and if you ask him what's up, he will go on about everything bad or annoying that has happened lately.

4. He has a really boring job. That's not a problem. In fact, it may even be an interesting job in computer programming. Who knows? The problem is that he won't stop droning about the minute details of what he does or his latest projects to the point that you go searching for a gun to shoot yourself and end the misery.

5. He has no sense of appropriateness sometimes. Took me aside at my own wedding to catch me up on all his problems.

6. He has really, really geeky hobbies. I mean, really geeky. Which is fine. To each their own. But he will actively make fun of other people's hobbies and has said he would never take a girl dancing because he thinks dancing is dumb.

7. It's always about what's wrong with everyone else with little or no efforts towards self-improvement.
is he a sufferer of Asperger's syndrome? He sounds like he has some of the symptoms.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
is he a sufferer of Asperger's syndrome? He sounds like he has some of the symptoms.
No. That's just his personality. Some people are just lame and boring.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:33 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
Quote:
Lol...and he wants a mate so bad...but then he disparages every woman he meets. I tried to set him up with someone (more attractive than he is, but by no means a supermodel), and he acted insulted.
Hmm, sounds like he may want to try living in the real world. Maybe he is depressed, and that is why he doesn't make any sort of effort to clean him self up. When someone lives like that purposely, people are likely to assume they would rather be alone.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:38 PM

437 posts, read 675,309 times
<STRONG>This may turn out to be an interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 39 and he has not had a relationship with a woman for 15 years. When I first heard this, from him, I thought, this guy is a great personality. Uh-huh.

1- He is emotionally immature, he goes out on a date and he becomes attached to a woman right away and the girl gets scared away. He always asks for a kiss on the first date which I think is pretty lame, I am sure he has turned off 50% of the girls he has been out with just by asking for a kiss on the first date.

Never ask for a kiss, just go with the flow and lean in. And it's better to try in the middle of the date, assuming that it's going well. If I don't get a kiss on the first date, I probably won't date her again to be honest since it starts to take the "just friends" route.

2- He is a very negative person, his whole outlook on life is negative and pessimistic, girls HATE that. One thing that I have learned over the years is that, if you can make a girl laugh, often, she will start to like you, it always works for me

He DEFINITELY needs to work on this.

3- Low self esteem! When he approaches a girl, in his mind, he already thinks that he will never have a chance with that girl, guess what? They turn him DOWN! Girls look for guys who are confident, even if it is BS! That is why you see so many douches and *******s with nice looking girls

This one is a very vicious circle. You need confidence to approach women successfully but how can you gain confidence without success? He needs to understand that it's "no big deal." If a girl rejects me, I just understand that she's an idiot and poor judge of character- HER LOSS, not mine.

4- Every time he has been on a date where there was chemistry, he was so insecure about not getting a second date that he usually blows it all by asking if the girls wants to make out right there or have a one night stand with him. And you wonder why he has not had a girlfriend for so long?

See #1. This guy needs to get laid. I'd advise Thailand or the Phillipines but I'm worried that he would "fall in love" with the first girl he screws- NOT GOOD!

5- When he is interested in a girl, he will call her several times a day and most girls hate this. With so many stalkers out there, I am sure most girls think he may be a psycho and don't want anything to do with him after that.You have to be in control of your emotions if you want to be in a relationship.

Beyond that, he's too needy. Women hate that. Tell him to read the "Mystery Method" book for some ideas. Maybe even take a boot camp to learn what attracts women and how to meet them.

Anyways, if you are having hard times finding a woman, these may be some of the reasons WHY Feel free to add some more!

That doesn't always mean it's the guy's fault. Someone will say, "well if you have problems with these women, what's the common thread, i.e. you. Actually there two things in common, the other that he is dealing with WOMEN who have their own issues as we well know. In his case though, yeah he needs some help... and some sex. Seriously this is why we need hookers in this society and damn all women and manginas who got them outlawed.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:41 PM

437 posts, read 675,309 times
Most guys like my friend DO NOT know why they can't find a woman. Obviously, if they did, they would be working on trying to improve themselves, right? Who the HELL would want to go like fifteen years without a relationship. If all guys knew what they needed to do, they would take action!

Another comment: I think that guys like him need to learn game so they can have more success. Unfortunately, too many people (especially women) will give him crappy advice like "be yourself" or "just be nice" which isn't going to help. They will also hate on men who learn pick up when it's clear that some men have no clue what attracts and by not learning, they are doomed to be alone, shoot up gyms, or both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships