Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 07:27 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This may turn out to be an interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 39 and he has not had a relationship with a woman for 15 years. When I first heard this, from him, I thought, this guy is a total LOSER but he is not a LOSER, actually he is a very smart dude, but he has some "issues" that can totally prevent a man from finding a good woman or any woman for that matter:

1- He is emotionally immature, he goes out on a date and he becomes attached to a woman right away and the girl gets scared away. He always asks for a kiss on the first date which I think is pretty lame, I am sure he has turned off 50% of the girls he has been out with just by asking for a kiss on the first date.

2- He is a very negative person, his whole outlook on life is negative and pessimistic, girls HATE that. One thing that I have learned over the years is that, if you can make a girl laugh, often, she will start to like you, it always works for me

3- Low self esteem! When he approaches a girl, in his mind, he already thinks that he will never have a chance with that girl, guess what? They turn him DOWN! Girls look for guys who are confident, even if it is BS! That is why you see so many douches and *******s with nice looking girls

4- Every time he has been on a date where there was chemistry, he was so insecure about not getting a second date that he usually blows it all by asking if the girls wants to make out right there or have a one night stand with him. And you wonder why he has not had a girlfriend for so long?

5- When he is interested in a girl, he will call her several times a day and most girls hate this. With so many stalkers out there, I am sure most girls think he may be a psycho and don't want anything to do with him after that.You have to be in control of your emotions if you want to be in a relationship.

Anyways, if you are having hard times finding a woman, these may be some of the reasons WHY Feel free to add some more!
ok, going by your first paragraph, here's a question:
if before you knew the facts (about his reasons), would your initial impression "must be a loser" be different or the same if your friend was female? and would you have the same opinion regardless of your friend's age- or would it differ if he were younger/older?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 01:43 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
There is just no such thing as "men who can't find women." Any man can find a woman if he wants to.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:26 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,101,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Ehh i dont really agree with that i think face is as important to both genders and both are the same as far as visual creatures
My personal experience tells me much different. IME women find personality and confidence far more important than looks (especially facial beauty) In fact, many women have told me they hate dealing with pretty boys because they spend more time in the mirror than they do

People who think as you do, that you have to have model good looks to pull beautiful women, have been brainwashed by magazines and tv. Those with some real life experiences know better.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:57 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
I have a friend like that . A nice guy but when comes to women he thinks he knows too much and as a result he's over 55 and still no luck, There have been plenty of weirdos, but no nice women are interested in him
He told me about a first date he was planning once, he invited her to his house to cook for her. He had an expensive gift as well as a meal of every known aphrodisiac he could cram on a plate. He is every thing you mentioned.
I might add he was an enigma to me until I met his mother....Jeez! ,Poor guy

Old 12-24-2009, 05:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
There is just no such thing as "men who can't find women." Any man can find a woman if he wants to.

Nah. I've seen enough evidence to the contrary.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:24 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah. I've seen enough evidence to the contrary.
R u serious I don't know not one man who can't get a woman. I know a lot of women looking, but not men. Not only can any man get a woman, he can probably get several. I mean provided he's not a serial killer or some other kind of serious degenerate.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,698 times
There is someone for everybody.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:11 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Can't be just be alone? Why must he be with a woman? Not everyone is built for a relationship, and he is perhaps one of them. And sometimes being single is far better than being with someone. I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if that has already been mentioned.
is there any rationale behind this statement?

Old 12-24-2009, 10:13 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
There is someone for everybody.
A platitude, if I ever saw one.

While the need to be close with somebody is part of human nature, some just hold an innate advantage over others in such circles. Such is life.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:33 PM

211 posts, read 544,814 times
Default cant find a woman

Ok Im confused what would this guy do if a woman was attracted to him and came on to him? Would he run away ? would he even know that she was attracted to him or not???????????????
I do beleive he is clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships