Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 11:06 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
There is just no such thing as "men who can't find women." Any man can find a woman if he wants to.
Its finding a woman he wants to find! The others often find him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 11:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
People who think as you do, that you have to have model good looks to pull beautiful women, have been brainwashed by magazines and tv. Those with some real life experiences know better.
You miss the point. There is a different standard for men when it comes to what is considered "good looks" by women. The pretty boy models in magazines are often considered gay. Most women want a rougher type but he must still be good looking - for his type. To be successful with women, brawlers, professionals, executives and university profs (to use just 4 examples) all have to have a different "look", but appropriate to their type.

There is far less variety for what constitutes good looks in women. This is why, for instance, 1/3 dye their hair blond and have it straightened. There are many other ways that the majority try to emulate the flavor of the era. Those who cannot pull this off, are usually envious and have more trouble dating.

In contrast, this is a big part of the reason that men don't have any interest in glamor magazines. To be successful, they must look the part and consequently, they often gravitate to a field and life situation that matches their persona rather than try to change their looks.

Those who don't and persist in their career choice, are often "losers" - at least according to many of those posting here. And it isn't just with the affections of women.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:04 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,101,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You miss the point. There is a different standard for men when it comes to what is considered "good looks" by women. The pretty boy models in magazines are often considered gay. Most women want a rougher type but he must still be good looking - for his type. To be successful with women, brawlers, professionals, executives and university profs (to use just 4 examples) all have to have a different "look", but appropriate to their type.

There is far less variety for what constitutes good looks in women. This is why, for instance, 1/3 dye their hair blond and have it straightened. There are many other ways that the majority try to emulate the flavor of the era. Those who cannot pull this off, are usually envious and have more trouble dating.

In contrast, this is a big part of the reason that men don't have any interest in glamor magazines. To be successful, they must look the part and consequently, they often gravitate to a field and life situation that matches their persona rather than try to change their looks.

Those who don't and persist in their career choice, are often "losers" - at least according to many of those posting here. And it isn't just with the affections of women.
I see what you are saying, but I have seen differently with my very own eyes.
I used to work in a psych hospital where no one could tell what you did by the way you dressed. I have seen guys who were broke (and looked it) who hooked up with the female nurses, doctors and pharm. reps on a regular basis. Fitness and hygiene play a much more important role than any "look", but ultimately it is confidence and knowing how to express yourself to women that wins the day. And these are things that can be worked on without changing who you are or your core values.
Maybe you've never seen this but I have seen it and experienced it many times.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:42 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
II used to work in a psych hospital where no one could tell what you did by the way you dressed. I have seen guys who were broke (and looked it) who hooked up with the female nurses, doctors and pharm. reps on a regular basis.
Wow you serious? surprised by that

Old 12-25-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Wow you serious? surprised by that
I see this all the time everywhere I worked. My last job I worked with a guy, let's call him "Gabe" This was at a famous amusment park in Fla. Gabe was a cool guy, again, short, not what I would call conventionally good looking, and had a beer gut.

This guy would have first pick of all the new ladies that came in our department. If you did not move fast enough, you were out of luck. This guy would have them picking him up for lunch, leaving work assignments to get with him, (and he was married!) The last one was a georgeous blond Romanian woman everyone was trying to get with, including guys who were buff and had more money than him.

I am not judging the morality of what he did, but as I have said before, my experiences in real life have taught me to look at things a certain way, and I have seen that all you really need is to feel good about who you are and confident in your abilities.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:31 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
that is right--- if you dont have the bucks, flashy cars and the women --- you are a loser.
unfortunately we have the highest prison population on earth built on that theory.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that is right--- if you dont have the bucks, flashy cars and the women --- you are a loser.
unfortunately we have the highest prison population on earth built on that theory.
Absolutely and also one of the highest with people in debt because of this.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
R u serious I don't know not one man who can't get a woman. I know a lot of women looking, but not men. Not only can any man get a woman, he can probably get several. I mean provided he's not a serial killer or some other kind of serious degenerate.

Yes, I'm serious.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

Hi NotARedneck,

I agree that that a woman's concept of beauty in men is more variable. The reason is men's contribution to the next generation is more variable while a woman's was far more consistent. Consider that all those men are successful in their niche. All the research points to the fact that men agree on who the hot woman is much more so than women.

However in general those pretty boys in magazines are attractive to younger girls say 12-17 who are not quite ready for a some burly broad shouldered bad boy. Older women certainly start to look for those more manly men in their peak years and then gravitate a bit away from it as they look to settle down.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:59 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
R u serious I don't know not one man who can't get a woman. I know a lot of women looking, but not men. Not only can any man get a woman, he can probably get several. I mean provided he's not a serial killer or some other kind of serious degenerate.

Hi sun queen,

A drone is synonymous with the lowest social order. Being a man is a gamble where one may end up at the top of a society or at the very bottom. I see plenty of men no woman would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships