Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 06:34 PM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

The last time the OP posted anything was 12/09.

Sounds like thread should be buried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Well what? Got questions?

Already have one.

It's soooooooo heavy
haha ! You crack me up

Old 09-29-2010, 07:32 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The last time the OP posted anything was 12/09.

Sounds like thread should be buried.
That's a little unfair for the factory workers, Chow. Who will crusade for those laborious hands?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:04 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,115 times
This is why it's not good to get married and have kids before establishing a career. But now that all is said and done, I think you guys should get divorced on terms that are as amicable as possible so not as to upset your kids. Why give up on the rest of your life? I'm sure he'd like to have his own life too. There are ways to separate with dignity. The alternative is to stay together and be miserable.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:23 PM

218 posts, read 455,298 times
So, let me get this straight, you're too good for your husband. He has the right to say,"I'm married to this uppity, egotistical, self righteous, B**** of a woman." I respect anyman who will put blood sweat and tears into his living, as well as any man who put years into continuing his education and furthering his career. As long as he is providing for the family that he loves. My father has been a plumber for 30, married for 30 years, together they raised 3 wonderful, upstanding daughters. And you're too good for that?! You don't deserve him......I hope you end up with someone just as shallow as you, but let me remind you......."for better or worse,FOR RICHER OR POORER". People just throw the word "divorce" around will nilly these days

Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,068,256 times
I didn't want to sift through all the pages since theres so much, but my advice to the OP. Leave the guy if its really that bad. You should have never got married in the first place. It sounds like it was too young for one thing. I have seen the PA life since I lived there over a yr, and it was boring to me. Some kids did rebel I did notice that and some punkers were there, but on the whole it looked like a mundane existance. One I wouldn't be happy with. Oh and maybe I'd give you a shot . I don't mind older women.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Worker View Post
Do you have family or friends who have relatives or spouses who have just drifted apart as their friends, careers and interests evolve? What do they do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
I didn't want to sift through all the pages since theres so much, but my advice to the OP.

Good thought and you kept your reply brief, read the above, the OP wasn't looking for advice. This poster is NOT a MEMBER, hes been Outcast.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:50 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
The original poster is no longer a member so you do not need to respond to him but you may discuss the thread's topic.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:59 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Well, while everybody else wants to rip the OP to shreds, I have another viewpoint.

This is a perfect example of why you don't marry somebody straight out of high school or college. You change more in the first five years after finishing your education than you do for the rest of your life.

What's more, you can't just burn up the sheets all the time. Your relationship has to have an intellectual component to it. You have to have something to talk about the morning after the night before. Let me tell you, there's nothing worse than being in a relationship with somebody who can't even begin to share your interests. By that I don't mean you have to fill your days with discussions about Heidegger, Nietzsche, and Schopenhauer, but you need to be able to relate to your significant other in some way.

I'm fortunate that I'm married to a woman who has a great sense of humor and is intellectually curious. She and I have different interests and also share some interests. She and I often disagree on things, but we also have interesting discussions. So with that being said, I simply can't imagine being tethered to someone who just had nothing to say on anything beyond the normal business of life.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, while everybody else wants to rip the OP to shreds, I have another viewpoint.

This is a perfect example of why you don't marry somebody straight out of high school or college. You change more in the first five years after finishing your education than you do for the rest of your life.

What's more, you can't just burn up the sheets all the time. Your relationship has to have an intellectual component to it. You have to have something to talk about the morning after the night before. Let me tell you, there's nothing worse than being in a relationship with somebody who can't even begin to share your interests. By that I don't mean you have to fill your days with discussions about Heidegger, Nietzsche, and Schopenhauer, but you need to be able to relate to your significant other in some way.

I'm fortunate that I'm married to a woman who has a great sense of humor and is intellectually curious. She and I have different interests and also share some interests. She and I often disagree on things, but we also have interesting discussions. So with that being said, I simply can't imagine being tethered to someone who just had nothing to say on anything beyond the normal business of life.
Great Post !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships