Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:29 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
You must be the Brainy Intellectual Type
Do you mean the Brainy Intellectual Type Classic Highandmighty kind of person?

tee hee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 07:33 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Who supported you when you went to school? If you are bored, go ahead and leave, he sounds like a great guy, who will snapped up in a nano-second by someone who will appreciate him. Please, leave him for the rest of us, who are sick and tired of "smart" men, who are full of themselves, and how special they are, and don't want you to forget how lucky you are to get attention from such a great catch.

Wow, you sound like one of those guys I mentioned...hmmm...you are just too special to stay with your husband. You better file for divorce today.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:47 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Buy an apartment complex in a different city. Tell your family and friends that he is going to go there temporarily to oversee renovation. Maybe he'll discover he has a brain, but more likely he won't. Let him fix faucets and unclog toilets. With luck, you won't see much more of him.

Yours is a terrible situation. I'm glad that nothing like this ever happened to me. It's about as bad as having a retarded child. I hope that you can rid yourself of him wthout being labeled the villain.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:50 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I only sought to revive it on grounds of the relevance of factory worker husbands

I'm innocent of crime
Rabble rouser incarnate. If banned White Collar still haunts these pages he/she must be having a great chuckle ...

Old 10-02-2010, 08:07 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,836,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I only sought to revive it on grounds of the relevance of factory worker husbands

I'm innocent of crime

So, are you happy that your wife left you for something more her style? Seriously, how did it take y'all 4 kids to figure out that you were an incompatible couple with no future? That part just does not compute.

A factory worker in my town, if he has anything on the ball, is in Maintenance. It's the best paid position in most union shops, it's essential to keeping the old-cobbled-together-stuff running, and Management knows that a newbie can never just step in there and instantly figure out the mess. Maint gets the most OT hours, and requires the most broad-based training and the most smarts.

Sure, there are some factory workers that can fit in well in any element of society. But there are far more that are alcoholics with tatts, Harleys, and a lower socioeconomic tart on the side, than decent marriage material. There are lots of women who married young, realized it wasn't working, and got some vocational skills then bailed on their blue collar guy. There is a whole unhealthy lifestyle that tends to go with factory labor. The industries like chemicals and electronics that require an associate degree and at least a 3.25 GPA for an entry level job get a better class of worker, without all the "rebels without a cause" types who see themselves as some underclass.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:17 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
So, are you happy that your wife left you for something more her style? Seriously, how did it take y'all 4 kids to figure out that you were an incompatible couple with no future? That part just does not compute.
But my computer computes. It just computed that my wife can not leave me coz I don't have one. It said that that was easy

Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Rabble rouser incarnate. If banned White Collar still haunts these pages he/she must be having a great chuckle ...
Like the quote in superman comics, "She's always around"

Last I heard she got a promotion.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Do you mean the Brainy Intellectual Type Classic Highandmighty kind of person?

tee hee.
Nah just another name of the many the OP has used on here. He/she is here now, they are an Outcast tho.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:35 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Antlered revived it to make a point and now will follow another 30 pages of repetitive re-hash. Sigh and ignore!
I knew who revived the party, I feel sorry for the poor jokers still giving this loser advice. So much for my self control method...

Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM

318 posts, read 567,151 times
My wife says the same thing about me. She is the professional in the family and I spend all my time spinning my wheels I low paid HR jobs. She says I am boring because I am not as professional and intellectual as her. So I can relate to the discussion on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships