Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
I am tired of being single and alone. What's wrong with that? Why is that so bad? So women are just better off in relationships and I'm one of them. Why am I wrong from wanting a man to love me? I can support myself financially, spend time by myself, create and fix things, but I still want that intimacy.
We human beings were designed and created to want connections with other people - so what you want is not "wrong".

What we are trying to tell you is that to get what you want, you have to grow up and focus on other things right now. When you get busy living your life and working on all you need to do to become a woman the guys will find you. It's like that old expression, a watched pot never boils. Quit waiting around watching the pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:25 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What's the point of polygamy? It's not marriage if you are giving it out to more than one person and everyone.
The definition of marriage seems to very from couple to couple regardless of the number of partners. My point, polygamy is weird, but so are most everyone else.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
The definition of marriage seems to very from couple to couple regardless of the number of partners. My point, polygamy is weird, but so are most everyone else.
Jays, you're a nice young guy - tell our OP how attractive it is to you and your peers when a 19 year old girl only thinks about getting married and "having a man to take care of her". Go on, she needs to hear some truth.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:29 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Jays, you're a nice young guy - tell our OP how attractive it is to you and your peers when a 19 year old girl only thinks about getting married and "having a man to take care of her". Go on, she needs to hear some truth.
Pretty good point there.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
But marriage is marriage, what are the other definitions? You marry somebody, you marry them. What other definitions are there? I know that might sound "uncultured" or something, but I'm not getting it on this one.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
-As long as consenting adults are okay with it, I think the government shouldn't dictate who should marry who.
I agree completely. The government should stay out of relationships.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Im 34..and a little weird-ed out by this myself...19 is not when anyone should be thinking like this..Lots to learn before turning the Whirly bird loose...forget about all that serious stuff/destination 'n all...enjoy the scenery

Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Wow, so many close minded people in this forum. I guess she hasn't read any threads before posting here.

The sad truth is, the reason many men cheat is because they don't want to be tied to one woman. There are people who are poly-relationships anyway and just don't know it.

There are a good number of men who ar married and keep a mistress. If men were allowed to, many would keep both the wife and the mistress. Some couples actually have this arrangement.

To each his/her own. If people want to share a man or woman, go for it!

I do agree with the OP on another point, being single blows.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm not saying anything.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
But marriage is marriage, what are the other definitions? You marry somebody, you marry them. What other definitions are there? I know that might sound "uncultured" or something, but I'm not getting it on this one.
No, it's not uncultured, that's not even what I'm talking about. I'm more talking about all these marriages where each spouse despises the other, the domestic violence, the ****ing other people behind their spouses back, the inequity of effort within the marriage, the one partner turning to a slob while the other values hygeine...and on and on and on.

I'm not sure we, as a society, are in any position to tell other's what marriage should and should not consist of.

Of course that is just my opinion which is often out of the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships