Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times

Advertisements

Okay.....I dress pretty sexy most of the time. I don't bare it all, but I do dress very Housewives of OC. I get my nails done every couple weeks, hair done every month. I spend 6-8 hours week working out and spray tan couple times a month. Does that make me s l u tt y? Does that mean I am attention seeking? Does that mean I get my self worth from men looking at me?

I don't even go out anywhere without my husband. Men don't get a chance to look at me...lol. I like to look a certain way for me. It makes me feel good, if I know I look my best I feel good. I can't imagine being sloppy, with my weight, looks etc. Its kind of like your home, when your home is clean, organized and in order, often it is a reflection of your life, and your life is in order as well. Same with your body, at least imo. Plus its freaking hot here most of the time!!!

To be quite honest, the op seems quite hypocritical to me. Stripping to make money, then calling others s l u tt y for the way they dress is the utmost of hypocrisies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 08:37 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Sorry, have to disagree with this completely. Living in a small town for decades, a family can still raise a drug addict or ****, or criminal for a child.
I didn't realize we were talking about criminals and drug addicts. It seems to me that we are talking about girls who dress provocatively.

I don't know why my posts were difficult for you to understand, but my point was not that big cities always produce these types, or that small towns cannot. My point is that traditional tight-knit communities have insular ways and are not as prone to national fads and trends.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I didn't realize we were talking about criminals and drug addicts. It seems to me that we are talking about girls who dress provocatively.

I don't understand why my posts are so difficult for people to understand, but my point was not that big cities always produce these types, or that small towns cannot - it was that tight-knit communities have insular ways and are not as prone to national fads and trends.
I disagree, tight knit communities have the same problems as large cities, they are just as prone to national fads and trends, they just get them later. I have seen pregnant teenagers in small towns just as much if not more than in big cities, often due to lack of education, income, or other factors.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
I disagree, tight knit communities have the same problems as large cities, they are just as prone to national fads and trends, they just get them later. I have seen pregnant teenagers in small towns just as much if not more than in big cities, often due to lack of education, income, or other factors.
You are twisting my argument to suit your objections. I do not see pregnant teenagers coming out of the types of communities I have been referring to. They may come out of communities that consist of individuals with no class, like I said. And like I said earlier, having class has little to do with income or wealth. To me, a group like the Amish has "class," while a large swath of Manhattan (for example) does not.

Our society is increasingly mobile, and we communicate across long distances in far larger quantities. That is what causes this shift in values, where local community-oriented values are secondary to national ones.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:47 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
I don't even go out anywhere without my husband. Men don't get a chance to look at me...lol. I like to look a certain way for me. It makes me feel good, if I know I look my best I feel good. I can't imagine being sloppy, with my weight, looks etc. Its kind of like your home, when your home is clean, organized and in order, often it is a reflection of your life, and your life is in order as well. Same with your body, at least imo. Plus its freaking hot here most of the time!!!
I have to disagree completely. A lot of people I know who looked sort of hippy-dippy, or very un-hot in college had/have their lives much better ordered then many people who did look hot. I am not saying that being hot is not important or worthwhile, but rather that you cannot really gauge whether a person's life is in order by their looks.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 01-08-2010 at 09:24 AM..

Old 01-08-2010, 08:52 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
per OP
the distance from the bar to the strip stage is not very far.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:56 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
my eldest daughter was a nude dancer at one time, she used the money she made from dancing to put her way through college. now she is a chemical engineer and enjoys it.
What a good parent you are! You don't see anything wrong with this picture here? Chris Rock said " I mean, they don't grade fathers. But if your daughter's a stripper, you ****ed up."

I guess, if you don't see anything wrong with this, how can you possibly teach your daughter values and morals, what an incredible society we are living in

Old 01-08-2010, 05:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What a good parent you are! You don't see anything wrong with this picture here? Chris Rock said " I mean, they don't grade fathers. But if your daughter's a stripper, you ****ed up."

I guess, if you don't see anything wrong with this, how can you possibly teach your daughter values and morals, what an incredible society we are living in

I saw plenty wrong with it, but my daughter was over the age of 18 and I could not force my daughter to do otherwise.

also, americans for the most part are sexually rerepressed and like to tell others how to live their lives.

hence we have more goverment control when less is needed.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

I have to note that some girls strip for the quick money. It's not always an indicator that the parents were awful. Some girls are comfortable with their bodies and don't see anything morally wrong with stripping. They just see it as an easy way to earn from fast cash. I know two girls that were strippers for a time while they were also in college. They were both very close to their parents (but never told them because they were very religious).

There's a difference between stripping for a career and stripping as a part-time thing to make money to pay for school or whatever.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:57 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I have to note that some girls strip for the quick money. It's not always an indicator that the parents were awful. Some girls are comfortable with their bodies and don't see anything morally wrong with stripping. They just see it as an easy way to earn from fast cash. I know two girls that were strippers for a time while they were also in college. They were both very close to their parents (but never told them because they were very religious).

There's a difference between stripping for a career and stripping as a part-time thing to make money to pay for school or whatever.
What's funny is no one ever knocks the guys who go to strip clubs and drop a bundle on the dancers. If there wasn't a huge demand there would not be the easy money.

I love to watch sexy naked women dance but only if it's free. No use paying for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships