Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 02:30 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Yet perhaps the same reason for why there aren't that many female athletes, due to lack of female interest in it, yet we still have Title IX.

I took Engineering classes in 1993/1994, and the classes were at most 5% female.

If women make up say 20% of CEOs, how are those jobs off limits? Why do they have requirements in countries like Norway where 50% of the board has to be female?

According to other posts, besides teaching and what not, all jobs were off limit to women, including being janitors and garbagemen. So iff being a garbageman was off limits, then there is still no demand by females for women to be 50% of garbagemen. They seek equality only at the top.

Now you're just talking in circles to hear yourself talk.

If there wasn't interest in sports among women, there would have been no demand for something like Title IX in the first place. Obviously, if there are women and girls on the teams, there's interest. No-brainer there.

If women make up 20% of CEOs, to my eyes, that is proof that the glass ceiling is alive and well. If you don't know what that term means, you should look it up. Bringing Norway into it is a reach, and a poor one at that because if you are speaking of women's rights throughout the world, I'm going to point you in the Taliban's direction.

And again, women seek equality at the top because that is where equality has been denied them. Women were always free to be at the bottom. We don't need to demand equality there.

To bring this back to the intent of the thread, what does all of this have to do with male-female relationships in the age of feminism, anyway?

Is the fact that the women you run into socially have high-paying jobs and successful careers interfering with your lovelife?

You're living in a highly competitive area, among highly educated people. D.C. is a bastion of equal opportunity--if the federal government doesn't offer equal opportunity, nowhere does. If the concept of women rising to the top based on their education, skills, and achievements is that overwhelming to you, or that difficult for you to understand, then maybe you should relocate, because where you are, women are just as hard-charging about their careers as men are, if not more so. You're not likely to find many submissive, June Cleaveresque throwbacks there.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Not all women have children thus nit all have child support , unlike men who all have to register or face jail. I said ALL.
But all women who refuse to pay child support face the same consequences as men who fail to do so.

As has been suggested, if you have a problem with the Selective Service Act, why not lobby to get it removed entirely?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Oh, you wish.
What? If boys and girls can play the same sports, they should be able to shower in the same room.

Starship Troopers.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
42000 million divorces since 1975 mostly filed by women. the result of being told by gloria steinem, that they were being ripped off and could have a better life without the hubby.
the judge watching all this in the court room for 35 years looks like this.
Aaaww, did I jinx it? Did she have enough already?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:51 PM

283 posts, read 458,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
  • A woman who is sexually adventurous and enthusiastic, but with few (33 max) to no partners (the virgin nymphomaniac)
  • A woman who gives up her job to keep house and raise the children, but will not take a penny of YOUR money in the divorce
  • A woman who works full-time yet still does the "women's work" at home - I can help once in a while.
  • A woman who is enlightened and intelligent - I plan on getting a university degree If she can challenge my intelligence I'll love her for that.
  • A woman who has a job and contributes to the household
  • A woman who submits to men / she can have her say I don't mind
It seems more reasonable that way.

I don't see what is wrong with wanting to be the one in control of the relationship if everybody has a say in the decisions taking? if you would care to explain why it disturbs you that much. I want your honest response not your generalization explanation. Men do this men do that. I want you saying (I) at the beginning of every statement.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:08 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
It seems more reasonable that way.

I don't see what is wrong with wanting to be the one in control of the relationship if everybody has a say in the decisions taking? if you would care to explain why it disturbs you that much. I want your honest response not your generalization explanation. Men do this men do that. I want you saying (I) at the beginning of every statement.
I don't understand what "It seems more reasonable that way" means--what does?--or what you are asking. I gave you a list of paradoxical points of view. I thank you for the clarification.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:13 PM

283 posts, read 458,774 times
I love the points you gave out they demonstrate elements I would like to find in a woman. Once I really put myself into dating. Do you have a problem with the fact that I say That I would love to be the one in control of the relationship. Does it bother you to be called the Vice-President? in other words.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
I love the points you gave out they demonstrate elements I would like to find in a woman. Once I really put myself into dating. Do you have a problem with the fact that I say That I would love to be the one in control of the relationship. Does it bother you to be called the Vice-President? in other words.
The points I gave out are paradoxical. I don't care if you want to say you're in control of the relationship; that's between you and your wife. I've never been called the Vice President, so your question is moot.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:19 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The points I gave out are paradoxical. I don't care if you want to say you're in control of the relationship; that's between you and your wife. I've never been called the Vice President, so your question is moot.
JJ, I think he wants all of that in a women plus the added privelege of having the final say. Chris, good luck with that

Old 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
I certainly hope you find your little Happy Housewife who wants you to take control in the relationship

Successful relationships are not about control, they are about compromise, fairness and not being afraid to let the other person have his or her own way when it's important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships