Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:44 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,923,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't believe that anyone in real life is this invested in being a loser. The discussion is amusing, but he can't be for real.
I wandered by...and read some of these posts..

I honestly think that the OP is just having a little fun here..at everyone's expense..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 PM

272 posts, read 286,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Ahhhh, so not ALL women are worthless??

I never said women were worthless. I just feel that they have entitlement issues. They think their looks is suppose to make a man hand over their wallets.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
I never said women were worthless. I just feel that they have entitlement issues. They think their looks is suppose to make a man hand over their wallets.
But, from what I can tell, you feel that the majority of women are this way. I think a lot of men have "entitlement issues" too...just different kinds. I must know a whole different subset of women than you because I don't know any who think that because they are nice looking it equals a man's money. But then most of the women I know have their own money and work hard for it.

So, men don't want a woman unless she's good looking but he doesn't want her to get her hands on his money. And all good looking women want is your money. Okay. So go find ya an ugly one and all she'll want is your looooove!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Manlet...?! That's new to me! Sounds just like piglet - can't get more pathetic than that...

Urban dictionary's definition of it is:

5'7" or smaller. Usually have Napoleonic syndrome.
Hahahahaha, I've never heard of this, either. Made me think of Applebee's Riblets. (which I found to be very overrated, IMO.)

I think the problem comes from the same issue that would allow a man to characterize himself this way. And not from women, per se.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:47 AM

450 posts, read 1,059,634 times
Default What is a beta manlet?

Sounds like some new age, psycho babble.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,892,804 times
If anyone really does think of themselves as a "Beta manlet", they need to stop thinking in terms of alpha or beta!

-The world is not so black and white. The only people that use those terms are marketers of seduction videos, newsletters, male enhancement pills, etc. People can't really think of themselves that way, can they?

-Whenever I see threads, I wonder? What does the person do all day??/

1/2 of the population is women. Many of them are lonely, bored, looking for someone nice, etc. *It isn't that difficult to find someone*.

The only people that should have a hard time finding a girl are....

A. You look like an ogre or the hunchback of notre dame. (Complete with moles on your back and hairs coming out of them! ).

B. Terrible personal hygiene that would repel a girl.

C. Extreme social issues.

It shouldn't be quite that difficult. 1/2 the population are women. They have the same desires as you. I think people make it much harder than it is. They believe in "alpha/beta" (greek nonsense) when they should let biology take over.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,743 times
You are the new City-Data Village Idiot.

Someone give him his card.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
If anyone really does think of themselves as a "Beta manlet", they need to stop thinking in terms of alpha or beta!

-The world is not so black and white. The only people that use those terms are marketers of seduction videos, newsletters, male enhancement pills, etc. People can't really think of themselves that way, can they?
Even if you do see the world in such black and white terms, why assign a label to yourself that you clearly see as negative? Doesn't it make more sense to highlight your good qualities instead? If you go around saying you're a manlet, what do you expect people to think? Even if you don't say it out loud, you probably project it.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:55 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
I have a very good friend who is BARELY 5'5 and weighs maybe 110 lbs soaking wet. He is probably one of the most popular guys I've ever known...seriously... when he walks into a place immediately he has girls all over him. Really cute girls, too. And I'm 6' tall, so when we go someone together we get a lot of interesting looks, but I still love him to death.

It's not your height that's scaring the ladies off...it's your attitude.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post

Gee, I'm a beta male and under 6 feet tall and I don't date much, yet I read all about Hitler and other horrible men being really popular with the ladies. what gives?
Lots of guys under 6foot tall get plenty of ladies. Heck, most guys on the sexiest list are routinely under 6foot tall. This should tell you something about your height excuse.

If you meet a gal that only dates taller guys then that is her issue (or choice) and not yours since there are millions of women out there.

P.S. Hitler was not a beta lmao.

FYI A beta is someone that whines and makes excuses. There was a norweigian sniper in WW2 that was 5'3 who made Rambo look like a librarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships