Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Oh i agree.. the "silverback" thing was more of a joke then a self reference..but yes..manlet?..what the he99 is that...completely stopped me in my tracks while on my way to check the gates last night..lol

And yes!! Sierra, you are completely dead on..i have never heard a woman call herself a chicklet..or booblet or some other quasi defaming term..anywhere..why these guys do it..i wish i knew so i could knock the jewels back into them..

Because there's no female equivalent. A woman only requires a pulse, and to leave home, to get laid. A guy can go out every night of his life and die a virgin if he's a beta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
so would you rather date a serial killer or a beta?
And that makes as much sense as the other posts you have made here. You really are full of it.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
so would you rather date a serial killer or a beta?
I realize your choices are very limited, but to ask someone to choose between those two very pathetic examples is just ridiculous. In the real world, many women have plenty, menty more options. So, off to the corner with the serial killer you go. Make the most of your time with him. A sociopath could actually teach you a thing or two on how to pick up women.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
A sociopath could actually teach you a thing or two on how to pick up women.
That's for sure! They're the best!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:31 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
yeah, this alpha, beta, manlet sh.it really has gon a little over board...its a crack pot theory, that doesnt accurately apply to humans at all. There are just far too many roles in the human social strata for anyone to be compartmentalized into being an alpha or beta manlet or whatever...too much of social roles in humans are ascribed by happenstance, conspiracy and semantics rather than any true qualifications of superiority.

Humans just arent simplistic enough to fit the molds of the alpha beta model even on the macro scale. It works well for dogs and wolves and such because it only describes their roles for reproduction purposes. But as we all know, humans have much more diverse agendas than merely procreating.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,035,177 times
Quote:
Because there's no female equivalent. A woman only requires a pulse, and to leave home, to get laid. A guy can go out every night of his life and die a virgin if he's a beta.
Oh good gawd!!! will you grow a pair..or are they permanently stuck ..you make it sound so dramatic < back of hand over brow looking down and discouraged> "oh woah is me ..the poor poor dear prince who no woman wants..they all want the knight in shining armor but not poor me.." he whines as he pets his pet toad..give me..and the rest of us a break..it is getting old.. this beat manlet cow pie stuff is hog wash!!! man up or zip it.. i am shocked your father hasn't taken you over his knee..Seriously..no offense but no woman on this or any other planet wants to date a gloomy droll guy who is constantly down on himself... i certainly wouldn't date the female equivilant if one existed ..you want to get a date... grow up and MAN UP.. pretty simple..

Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
No, pulse is optional. But the must at least be warm.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And that makes as much sense as the other posts you have made here. You really are full of it.
no actually it does make sense in an exaggerated fashion. if it looks good we tend to jump on it no questions asked, rather than considering that most have flaws and when we see none we should question.
and finding out what they are 1st. maybe the hottie is actually a monster, hidden flaws-- if it looks too good to be true it very well might be.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no actually it does make sense in an exaggerated fashion. if it looks good we tend to jump on it no questions asked, rather than considering that most have flaws and when we see none we should question.
and finding out what they are 1st. maybe the hottie is actually a monster, hidden flaws-- if it looks too good to be true it very well might be.
No Huck...this guy is just a pitiful whining sad sack that does nothing but cry "poor, poor, me...whyyyy don't women waaaaant meeee". No one - man OR woman - wants to be around such a person.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
yeah, this alpha, beta, manlet sh.it really has gon a little over board...its a crack pot theory, that doesnt accurately apply to humans at all. There are just far too many roles in the human social strata for anyone to be compartmentalized into being an alpha or beta manlet or whatever...too much of social roles in humans are ascribed by happenstance, conspiracy and semantics rather than any true qualifications of superiority.

Humans just arent simplistic enough to fit the molds of the alpha beta model even on the macro scale. It works well for dogs and wolves and such because it only describes their roles for reproduction purposes. But as we all know, humans have much more diverse agendas than merely procreating.
I agree, the whole alpha/beta male thing is getting a little tiresome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships