Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
I was a resident of South Central Los Angeles for 25 years. Unless it's a "cop need assistant" call, they're response time is slow. When I was an adult living in the hood, I had two confrontations with thugs. I had one when I was 16, and I had another one when I was 22. I defused the situation and rendered it safe before I even heard a siren. One thing I learned from the elders in the community was to never defend on anyone to have your back especially the police. They also told me if I have had to use lethal force, them make sure the perpetrator is, because the dead can't talk.

Over the years, I have noticed that men (especially Black men) have gotten away from defending themselves and their family. Society (especially the Black community) will back up a the rights of a thug who got shot to death by the cops, before they would back up a home owner or a tenant who shot and killed someone to trying to do harm to a person and his or her family.

That's one of the main reasons,why I moved out of the hood. There were too many liberal defending knuckleheads.

I defended myself by using physical force twice, and I didn't get cuffs slapped on me, so I am still trying to figure out why men are scared to do the same.
Oh man!!! SC! Then you have seen the worse of it!! My hat goes off to you! I use to roll through there but this was from 2003-2009 which was long after when that place was REALLY bad. It's still ruff but not as it use to be in the 90's!! Had a home girl who use to do my hair in Watts right around the corner from the towers. Use to #### my pants becasue I knew I don't have a pass to be walking around there all the time. Kept my ### in Diamond bar....lol Amerikkka has no idea how people have survived in the "SC".

As far as the thugs, yea they have infiltrated everything. They have this "no snitch rule". It's really a long story but as you know there are not enough men in the 30-50 age bracket with good sound morals to stand up like pillars in the community to keep the young from joining gangs and terrorizing the community. And I can see why the cycle continues because whole famiiles get involved! You know if somebody gets shot then SOMEBODY wants some getback. Before I left I went to a funeral where the family lost BOTH of their sons (before 30years old )one was shot in 1999 then the other brother I knew in 2008. This was over in Lynwood,ca.

Last edited by Morphous01; 02-03-2010 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
per op
no, but several that should have.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM

768 posts, read 942,752 times
sort of. I've been to the drunk tank once and I'm frequently in a "relationship" with myself.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 PM

272 posts, read 286,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Oh man!!! SC! Then you have seen the worse of it!! My hat goes off to you! I use to roll through there but this was from 2003-2009 which was long after when that place was REALLY bad. It's still ruff but not as it use to be in the 90's!! Had a home girl who use to do my hair in Watts right around the corner from the towers. Use to #### my pants becasue I knew I don't have a pass to be walking around there all the time. Kept my ### in Diamond bar....lol

Amerikkka has no idea how people have survived in the "SC".

I grew up around in Hoover hood during the 80s an 90s. I had front row seats to the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.

LOL.
You don't need a pass walk on city owned property. I use to laugh at those gang bangers. We Bum a** morons who lived in apartments claiming that they owned the hood. They were second generation tenants living off of welfare and section 8. Most of those clowns lived off their ignorant girlfriends who were dumb enough to let them in their lives. The funny thing about those rats was that they think they had a real man. If those women had a real man, they wouldn't be knocking on the doors of home owners trying to get money for diapers.

When I was a youngster living in the hood, I didn't deal with any of those chicks. Those hood rat chicks use to make fun of me for being square, but they're jaws dropped, when older attractive White women were dropping me off at my parents house. That's all I messed with when I was in my teens. The only women I dealt were women who were in their late 20s to early 40s. My 15 year old a** didn't have time to deal with sorry a** girls who could only talk about gang banging.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
sort of. I've been to the drunk tank once and I'm frequently in a "relationship" with myself.

LOL at the Drunk tank.

My former co-worker got into a bar fight and tossed in a drunk tank during his background investigation for peace officer position. He still got into the academy.

I think the OP is talking about guys who did hard time.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
If your go-to method of defending your property against an angry woman is to smash her head into the fender of a car, I'd say you are a thug too.

I don't think you understand what a frightening action that is, and that's why you can be so cavalier about it. That's monstrous behavior. And it's scary that you can't see it.

ETA: to answer the thread. Absolutely, positively not.
na, there are monsters IN South Central!! This aint the clean streets of the burbs.. Well actually the burbs aint clean either!!! We know you fokes do crazy stuff behind cloed doors!!!!!! You feel me? Them cocaine payloads get a lot lighter before it gets into the "hood".

Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:

As far as the thugs, yea they have infiltrated everything. They have this "no snitch rule". It's really a long story but as you know there are not enough men in the 30-50 age bracket with good sound morals to stand up like pillars in the community to keep the young from joining gangs and terrorizing the community. And I can see why the cycle continues because whole famiiles get involved! You know if somebody gets shot then SOMEBODY wants some getback. Before I left I went to a funeral where the family lost BOTH of their sons (before 30years old )one was shot in 1999 then the other brother I knew in 2008. This was over in Lynwood,ca.
I 100% co-sign. I go down to the hood three times a week and talk to kids. Some of them listen, and most of them don't. Their mothers or grandmothers need to be parents instead of their friends. I was lucky enough to be raised by both parents who ruled the house with an iron fist.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I grew up around in Hoover hood during the 80s an 90s. I had front row seats to the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.
Hoover?! Man I know EXACTLY where you were at.. ha ha... Sometimes use to take the streets from hoover area and skate down FIG to take the scenic route...

So where did you move to?

Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Hoover?! Man I know EXACTLY where you were at.. ha ha... Sometimes use to take the streets from hoover area and skate down FIG to take the scenic route...

So where did you move to?

The Antelope Valley. BTW, if you ever think about moving to the Antelope Valley, hit me up so I can tell you the best places to move to. There are ghetto hoods out here, but they're closer to the downtown areas or Lancaster and Palmdale.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
The Antelope Valley. BTW, if you ever think about moving to the Antelope Valley, hit me up so I can tell you the best places to move to. There are ghetto hoods out here, but they're closer to the downtown areas or Lancaster and Palmdale.
Man I'm 3000 miles away now. I'm in Pa. But thanks for the offer...

On that note, I got to post this for you to bring back GOOD memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2PgKLvjocs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships