Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi seeniorita,

I always followed my head and never my heart. My heart may follow. I frequently jettisoned such feelings when they did not match with my head. I don't believe in the western concept of romance as a feeling. Yet my heart is happy because I minimized the risk. I did the hard work and it paid off.Yet why would it anger you that I do follow my head rather than my heart?

That is again where we differ. I tend to drive as little as possible and consider our attitude towards cars mass insanity.

One has better odds with H1N1. I just don't understand why you would think not wanting to take a 50/50 chance is so irrational. Its perfectly rational. If someone says to me marriage is too high a risk for the reward, I certainly could understand the sentiment.

I do know when it can be abused yes, but in the case of marriage that was not one of them IMHO.

Well, at the end of the day, that's all these posts are....people's opinions. I already acknowledged my rush to get upset over some stupid post...I must take a step back and be thankful for what I have and who I am. Some posters are perfect examples of those who are jaded and selfish and certainly not worthy of my emotion.

To each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 10:40 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi AZDesertBrat,

You are implying I cannot tell the difference between opinions and facts. When I say facts I mean facts. I know even when I cite sources, I am attacked in this way.

Someone did cite this fact.

Who initiates the divorce more often, the wife or the husband?
Moreover, in some of the states where no-fault divorce was introduced, over 70 percent of the divorce filings were by women. Among college-educated couples, the percentage of divorces initiated by wives is a whopping 90 percent.
Now the question is do men have some reason to hesitate? One can even assume that it is their fault if they wish, but how does that change the wisdom of marriage for a man unless he decides he has some means to maintain it?

There are many explanations for this and I could hazard some guesses, but many men will find their move into marriage will be reversed. That made some people very angry as if it were an irrelevant consideration. How can everyone be an exception?
I wasn't "implying" anything about you. And I don't know why you would take my comments so personally. I don't know you all that well, although I have read quite a few of your posts. I have no opinion about you personally and certainly wouldn't attack you. I WAS, however, thinking of a few other people who post here. I don't go around attacking people...not even for their opinions. I simply comment...

I can't argue with the fact that women file for divorce more often than men. I notice the article didn't state WHY this is but I can pretty much guess some of it. I mean I've done it myself so, yeah, I'll accept that fact.

Sure men have reason to not file for divorce but you'd have to ask THEM what it might be.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This statistic is thrown out there time and time again, and it doesn't take into account the reason for filing. Rather than the statistic reflecting maliciousness on the part of women, it may just reflect a tendency for men to remain in an unhappy relationship as long as their basic needs are being met. Why rock the boat?
Yes!! Totally agree and, in fact, I had written very nearly the same thing in a post that I accidently totally deleted! When I rewrote it I forgot that part. Also some men simply do not want to pay the cash for a divorce and will put it off so long that the woman finally will. And that has been the case for a few women I know...including me! These were divorces where there were no big things to 'fight over' though. Basically cut and dried.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:00 PM

437 posts, read 675,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Gracious me...you sound a tad bitter there.
Heh. You can bring a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You can bring forth truth and information yet still only receieve a sarcastic dismissal.

That's ok though. It doesn't hurt me, although it might hurt someone who dismisses the truth only to wake to it one day only far too late.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko
With easy divorce, 40 year old men now easily enter this market and create more angry bitter 40 year old women.

1. 70% of divorces are initiated by WOMEN.
2. Divorce is hardly easy for most men: the courts are more likely to take assets and future income from him to give to her, rather than the other way around. Then there are the 90-95% of custody cases are decided in a woman's favor.

It's the other way around: women are divorcing men at a 2 to 1 ratio, often for silly reasons like she's bored or "I love you but I'm not *in* love with you." That latter is such a crock- if you love someone, how can you steal their money, home, future income, and kids? You visit that on someone you HATE. If she truly loved him but wanted to move on, she would leave the marriage and give him everything.

(Comments from Seenoirita in bold)

NEWSFLASH.....THEN DON'T GET MARRIED!!! Damn, you would think women were holding a gun to a man's head to get married.

The above reason is why I would never get married. Your comments are not relevant here. I was simply showing the poster whom I responded to that his or her comments were simply not accurate because it's less that men divorce women and thus make women bitter but rather more women divorce men and thus create bitter (and broke) men.

Have you ever stopped to question WHY so many women initiate divorce? Not all men are good men just as not all women are good women.

The 2:1 ratio is accurate for both at fault and non fault divorces. You are trying to insinuate that all of these women were driven away by these evil, nasty man- clearly not the case.

All this crap about women get money, women get the kids....well, if women have it so damn good get a f*ing sex change and have at it. Let us know how it works for ya!

Wow, what a nonsensical comment. Also, a silly attempt to avoid the truth of my words: that men are discriminated against in the courts and are far more likely than women to lose income, assets, and children.

Hey men, do you see the responses here? Do you *still* think it's a good idea to be married?

Avoid women, learn to seduce women, take what comes your way, whatever works for you... but do not get married and put your financial and sexual futures in the hands of a single woman with the backing of a corrupt government and court system!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
With easy divorce, 40 year old men now easily enter this market and create more angry bitter 40 year old women.

2. Divorce is hardly easy for most men: the courts are more likely to take assets and future income from him to give to her, rather than the other way around. Then there are the 90-95% of custody cases are decided in a woman's favor.

It's the other way around: women are divorcing men at a 2 to 1 ratio, often for silly reasons like she's bored or "I love you but I'm not *in* love with you." That latter is such a crock- if you love someone, how can you steal their money, home, future income, and kids? You visit that on someone you HATE. If she truly loved him but wanted to move on, she would leave the marriage and give him everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Ok that's all fine and good and I agree with you on what I bolded. But don't hate the players, hate the game.

There are plenty of grass root efforts to change Family Law in this country. Stephen Baskerville, look him up. Don't hate women for playing the game that they will be punished for if they don't play it.

Divide & Conquer, don't let it happen.
Sorry, but I disagree. You are still responsibile for your own actions and need to answer for them, if not in this world then in the next. If a law passed tommorow allowing men to rape women, would it be moral for me to do so? Oh HELL NO!!! Rape is an act of great evil- that it might be legal does not make it less so. Slavery was legal- do you hold in contempt and as evil those who sought to peacefully rescue slaves and get them to freedom?

I do not.

Under Hitler, it was legal to kill millions yet it was never RIGHT or MORAL. Do not let the law blind you to the truth.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
In third world countries women are cattle. They often have little choice in who they have sex with or "marry". Anyone who likes that, go live in a third world country and do some courting.
You say that like some of us aren't doing that,

Seriously though, more and more men are ex-patting to foreign, non-feminized nations and we're taking our skills, labor, and wealth with us.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:40 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
Aha !! Godwin's law in full effect !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Under Hitler, it was legal to kill millions yet it was never RIGHT or MORAL.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 PM

622 posts, read 1,280,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Quote:

(Comments from Seenoirita in bold)

NEWSFLASH.....THEN DON'T GET MARRIED!!! Damn, you would think women were holding a gun to a man's head to get married.

The above reason is why I would never get married. Your comments are not relevant here. I was simply showing the poster whom I responded to that his or her comments were simply not accurate because it's less that men divorce women and thus make women bitter but rather more women divorce men and thus create bitter (and broke) men.

Have you ever stopped to question WHY so many women initiate divorce? Not all men are good men just as not all women are good women.

The 2:1 ratio is accurate for both at fault and non fault divorces. You are trying to insinuate that all of these women were driven away by these evil, nasty man- clearly not the case.

All this crap about women get money, women get the kids....well, if women have it so damn good get a f*ing sex change and have at it. Let us know how it works for ya!

Wow, what a nonsensical comment. Also, a silly attempt to avoid the truth of my words: that men are discriminated against in the courts and are far more likely than women to lose income, assets, and children.

Hey men, do you see the responses here? Do you *still* think it's a good idea to be married?

Avoid women, learn to seduce women, take what comes your way, whatever works for you... but do not get married and put your financial and sexual futures in the hands of a single woman with the backing of a corrupt government and court system!

Well played sir....

Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Hopefully you see the irony here, that you are attempting to shame these weak men for pointing out the female propensity to cast shame on weak men.
Oh please. You people are so unoriginal. Carbon copies of the same garbage over and over. Take your mommy issues to your mommy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships