Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
OMG, are the guys ramping it up in hopes of a last-minute Valentine's date? I've gotten about 30 emails from them in the past 24 hours, sigh.

Hmm you know that's not a bad idea really I need to get busy and send off some letters lol. I think it's this pajamagram ad they keep running over and over again on the news sites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, at least you know those are not stingy bastards! The rest will avoid it like the plague and resume pursuit right after it!
LOL, you have a point. Except, one of them apparently didn't think I was all too familiar with his city. He promised me a "night on the town" at a certain restaurant that I happen to know is one step above Chuck E. Cheese. Hahahahahahaha!

Or maybe he didn't care if I knew that!

Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,999 times
For the women on dating sites, what's the best way to introduce yourself on the first message without coming off as trying too hard and come across as sincere and maybe a little witty?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
For the women on dating sites, what's the best way to introduce yourself on the first message without coming off as trying too hard and come across as sincere and maybe a little witty?
Honestly, I've never sent a message first. Introduce yourself in your profile and let them come to you. Then, sort through the ones that interest you and respond accordingly to their emails.

The profile is key, I think. Talk about yourself, your interests and the type of relationship you want. Be POSITIVE and light-hearted. Tell them what makes YOU special.

You'll still get some emails from idiots with 69 somewhere in their site name but you'll also attract the quality guys.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
did i ever tell you bout my eharmony blond cutie? when i took the plunge and jumped a jet to nashville, there she was --quasimoto.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,999 times
Quote:
but you'll also attract the quality guys.
I'd prefer to attract quality women.

I meant to ask that question to the women here into regards of how a guy should e-mail. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
I'd prefer to attract quality women.

I meant to ask that question to the women here into regards of how a guy should e-mail. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Oooops, sorry! Well, I've only answered two of the emails I've gotten. I sent a few flirts back to guys who flirted with me but they never emailed. Weird.

Anyhoo, I answered those two because the guys wrote very polite and genuine notes that simply said they liked my profile and I had the qualities they were seeking; then, they told me a bit about themselves. Further communication revealed them to be really straight-forward, nice men. One ultimately appealed to me more than the other one because we had more in common.

Hope that helps! Do know that sometimes the site COMPUTER creates matches and sends off emails, too, and I think that happens without the person's knowledge. That's why you may never get a response if you email the person. I'd guess that some profiles may also be old and the people don't participate anymore.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
Easier than finding someone in "real life", but the drawback is, you communicate too much waiting awhile to meet, and then the sparks are gone and you have nothing to say. I found with the online dating thing I have more like when you just meet someone immediately and then start talking.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:37 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
The site I belong to has warnings up about such scams. It's hard to believe that people would fall for stuff like that.
Honestly. I guess there should be a naivete test that is required before signing on to these sites. People are just amazing.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
did i ever tell you bout my eharmony blond cutie? when i took the plunge and jumped a jet to nashville, there she was --quasimoto.
And I STILL can't believe you did that. Huck...shame on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships