Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Yeah been there done that! Very disappointing when they say yes but they really mean no. I made the mistake of asking a couple of girls out over the phone because I was too nervous to do it in person and this was exactly the response I got. At first I was pretty excited, until I realized what they really meant to say but were afraid of hurting my feelings or whatever
Well learning to listen to voice inflection and especially reading body language will keep the dogs of rejection away. Once I learned to decipher the whole package of verbal and non verbal cues I never have had any further problems.

And what I look for too is some enthusiasm and vibrancy. I dated too many cold, dead fishes in the past. Aint doin that anymore. Feels like you constantly have to perform CPR on them to keep them alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratchmo View Post
Yea that's what I'm trying to do right now is move on. Like I said though it's tough when she acts like everything is normal and talks to me like nothing ever happened. I can't just sit at the table and ignore her when we're at school. That's what I'm trying to do now is distance myself from her while still being civil. I may have used "friends" a little too loose in my first post. I know I can't be friends with this girl. All I have to do is make it to May 2011 and I'll be done with her.
I assume you are younger than 25. One thing besides boundaries you will also need to learn is how to compartmentalize your life.

Business is business. Personal is personal. Business in this case equals school. Your relationship with this gal at school should be business oriented, polite but not personal. Keep that in mind when you talk to her.

What you do outside of school is another thing and that is your personal or private life.

I made the mistake after college of dating women that I worked with and when it all goes off the rails you have everyone knowing your business and you have to see them all the time. What I learned was IF i was going to date someone from work I needed to keep all that outside the workplace as much as possible. And overall it's not the best thing to do anyways.

I think you are taking the view that she is the only girl in the world. I've been there and know the feeling, but especially now it's been made clear it aint happening, time to move on and form new relationships elsewhere. The cookie has already crumbled and you aren't putting the pieces back together.

When a relationship goes south and people talk about now being friends, all that is a nice letdown for everyone saying no malice is born out of the break up. Women are especially bad at that because they don't want a guy to be "angry". It's their natural reaction to say "lets be friends". No one really means it though and it's one of those little white lies.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:52 AM

55 posts, read 97,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I assume you are younger than 25.

Yea I'm actually 29.

I already know everything that everyone has said on here about moving on and about the relationship not going to happen. That's all stuff that I have already thought about. I've been around for a while. I just wanted some opinions on here. I just fell way too hard for this girl a long time ago and when she came back into my life I fell too hard all over again. I know she's not the only girl in the world. She's just a girl that I have a weakness for and I'm trying to fix that weakness now. My situation with her just makes that a little more difficult than it should be at the moment.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Here is the deal...

Listen up!

She wants you to confront her....kiss her passionately...then tell her to be yours!

That's it.

Step up to the plate and take charge Bro!!!

Women don't want some wishy washy loser to say, "I'll wait around for you."

Pfff!!!!

Tell her you're moving on.

Make her choose.

My goodness...this is so easy of an answer.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:28 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
Quote:
Is this a case of her finding comfort in someone until her boyfriend came back around and decided to get in her good graces again? Do you think I should bring it up again and ask her what she's thinking? Should I just try and be her friends with her like I was before and wait it out?
In all honesty, unless you work with them and have to see them on a daily basis, being pure platonic friends with a women is worthless. Unless you're just hard up for up for conversation.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 AM

740 posts, read 1,232,810 times
Quote:
Yea that's what I'm trying to do right now is move on. Like I said though it's tough when she acts like everything is normal and talks to me like nothing ever happened. I can't just sit at the table and ignore her when we're at school. That's what I'm trying to do now is distance myself from her while still being civil. I may have used "friends" a little too loose in my first post. I know I can't be friends with this girl. All I have to do is make it to May 2011 and I'll be done with her.
It is hard when you can not totally avoid her, but try to limit your contact to unavoidable situations (in class, in lab, etc). If she asks you to go meet just say you are busy and if she calls keep it short and impersonal. With a bit of time and minimum contact your feelings will pass, although I doubt it feels that way right now

Old 02-22-2010, 11:30 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Here is the deal...

Listen up!

She wants you to confront her....kiss her passionately...then tell her to be yours!

That's it.

Step up to the plate and take charge Bro!!!

Women don't want some wishy washy loser to say, "I'll wait around for you."

Pfff!!!!

Tell her you're moving on.

Make her choose.

My goodness...this is so easy of an answer.

Nope. This won't work because all that will happen is that you'll end up in bed together and YOU will still have feelings for her while she doesn't for you. This is something that is good to do in the BEGINNING of a relationship and not when you are trying to rekindle one that isn't rekindable (did I just make up a word?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
It is hard when you can not totally avoid her, but try to limit your contact to unavoidable situations (in class, in lab, etc). If she asks you to go meet just say you are busy and if she calls keep it short and impersonal. With a bit of time and minimum contact your feelings will pass, although I doubt it feels that way right now
I agree with the part in bold but not with the rest. This girl is a Moderator cut: Snip! so you have to be an Moderator cut: Snip to her. She won't get it otherwise. Tell her that she's a manipulative Moderator cut: Snip and you don't want to have anything else to do with her ever again. Tell her that you don't even want to see her on campus and that you would leave the school if you could. Say, "Don't call me ever again, you Moderator cut: Snip!" and do it with passion and then work hard at meeting other girls. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

I guarantee she WILL call and it will always be at the most inopportune time but you can't take those calls. If you hear her voice at the other end of the call, just hang up. Don't give her a chance to manipulate you.

Oh yeah, and watch Swingers. That movie is about YOU.

Last edited by cricket_factor; 02-22-2010 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Language.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 AM

740 posts, read 1,232,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
This girl is a **** so you have to be an **** to her. She won't get it otherwise. Tell her that she's a manipulative **** and you don't want to have anything else to do with her ever again. Tell her that you don't even want to see her on campus and that you would leave the school if you could. Say, "Don't call me ever again, you **** ****!" and do it with passion and then work hard at meeting other girls. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

I guarantee she WILL call and it will always be at the most inopportune time but you can't take those calls. If you hear her voice at the other end of the call, just hang up. Don't give her a chance to manipulate you.

This is another valid option. So you have 2, gentle-gentle, and harsh break. Both will work. You will just have to pick which one you prefer

and +1 to fatman comics, whose name I keep reading as fateconomics

Last edited by cricket_factor; 02-22-2010 at 11:45 AM..

Old 02-22-2010, 11:52 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well learning to listen to voice inflection and especially reading body language will keep the dogs of rejection away. Once I learned to decipher the whole package of verbal and non verbal cues I never have had any further problems.
Or you can just wait for the girl to approach you

Old 02-22-2010, 12:24 PM

55 posts, read 97,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post

hahahahaha ive seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships