Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,034,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Only because of the setting! More than half of the thread is about working out! The guys totally forgot what the thread was actually about!
Haha true, true. Now all of us females know how to get nice and buff.

Sprawling: Nah, you were one of the pleasant ones. However, the guy who told me to kiss his bad three letter word when I rejected his advances was not so great. I see the rejection rudeness trait is not isolated to teenage boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,337,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Haha true, true. Now all of us females know how to get nice and buff.

Sprawling: Nah, you were one of the pleasant ones. However, the guy who told me to kiss his bad three letter word when I rejected his advances was not so great. I see the rejection rudeness trait is not isolated to teenage boys.
What a jackass.

Mango, I see Sasquatch is knowledgeable about lifting so I'm sure he can guide you but I'll say this. I do recall you said you get bulky easily, but remember just one thing. Even if you do bulk faster than other women, it takes many years of regular weightlifting, disciplined dieting, and lots of trial and error (because no one program/routine/system works the same for all people) to get BULKY even by women's standards. You won't turn into "arnoldina" overnight" regardless of how fast you think you can bulk.

Good luck w/ your training and with he who stirs up your hormones.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Mango, I see Sasquatch is knowledgeable about lifting so I'm sure he can guide you but I'll say this. I do recall you said you get bulky easily, but remember just one thing. Even if you do bulk faster than other women, it takes many years of regular weightlifting, disciplined dieting, and lots of trial and error (because no one program/routine/system works the same for all people) to get BULKY even by women's standards. You won't turn into "arnoldina" overnight" regardless of how fast you think you can bulk.
Hmm, I don't know about that. I know a woman who looks pretty awful (as far as I'm concerned) and she didn't use to...

Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know about that. I know a woman who looks pretty awful (as far as I'm concerned) and she didn't use to...
Remember those pictures of the muscular women in the "curvy" thread? That is just so unappealing to me. Those women look like they're smuggling steaks in their clothes. Whatever happened to nice proportions? Bulging muscles is really not a good look for the fairer sex and - imo - neither is the boxy fit look that so many women at the gym have. What happened to the pretty hourglass shape?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Remember those pictures of the muscular women in the "curvy" thread?
Yeah. They look pretty much like men with somewhat feminine faces. Some transvestites look better!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM

37,659 posts, read 46,099,064 times
Quote:
Remember those pictures of the muscular women in the "curvy" thread? That is just so unappealing to me. Those women look like they're smuggling steaks in their clothes. Whatever happened to nice proportions? Bulging muscles is really not a good look for the fairer sex and - imo - neither is the boxy fit look that so many women at the gym have. What happened to the pretty hourglass shape?
Well, I agree hourglass is nice. But I have to admit it...I am a fan of muscles. On men, and on women.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well, I agree hourglass is nice. But I have to admit it...I am a fan of muscles. On men, and on women.
Well, if you mean YOUR muscles, they certainly have nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Well, if you mean YOUR muscles, they certainly have nothing to do with what we're talking about.
We have some lady bodybuilders at the gym...I really think they look amazing. I don't want to go that far with it for myself, but I truly admire the discipline. But really, even these gals aren't the ones you see in the championships...not those lady-arnold types....but just very very muscular. Strong. And I like strong. And healthy of course. So no steroid freaks please!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
We have some lady bodybuilders at the gym...I really think they look amazing. I don't want to go that far with it for myself, but I truly admire the discipline. But really, even these gals aren't the ones you see in the championships...not those lady-arnold types....but just very very muscular. Strong. And I like strong. And healthy of course. So no steroid freaks please!
Some women really do look good muscular, but others look like one solid chunk of muscle. As long as I can tell the gender without having to look at the face, we're good!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Some women really do look good muscular, but others look like one solid chunk of muscle. As long as I can tell the gender without having to look at the face, we're good!
Oh yeah...I agree with that! No manly women, and no womanly men, thank you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships