Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 06:57 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
You guys are going to be really disappointed. There was no communication.

HOWEVER - I have come up with an indirect plan of action. You see, up until now, I've done the whole lone wolf thing at the gym. I go in, work out, and leave - all business. Today, I brought out the charming Mango at the gym and my first rule of plan is to be friendly with everyone, but particularly the guys. Note: I genuinely mean friendly, not overt flirting (although, naturally, flirty banter happens). I figure it would seem slightly odd if the girl who barely talks to or looks at anyone at the gym suddenly sidles up to a particular guy with demure eyes and conversation, so my first step is to increase my presence within the free weight guys at the gym as a collective. This takes the edge off of me and makes my approachability levels skyrocket, plus when I start to talk and smile at him, it will seem natural and not as if I targeted him. So far, so good! The guys are really friendly and receptive to smiles and playful small talk. I'll move on to step 2 after a few more gym trips.

Yes, I am definitely putting too much thought into this, but I like to have a fairly organized plan of action. I'm much calmer when I know what I'm doing next. No snide remarks about me being a control freak!

JUST got to this part and read your "plan of action" -- good job. Up front, open, and it seems you, like many people, have been surprised by the niceness of many allegedly egotistical gym goers!

If you're going that route, then setting a physical goal and asking for help or advice once in a while WILL go a long way toward meeting Hondo Hunkersson in his natural environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
She is very pretty. And she would have no problem turning heads. I do agree that she's looking into it too much.
I know I'm looking too much into it but I honestly just don't feel comfortable directly going up to him right now. I'm taking baby steps. I blame that nasty fear of rejection.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He lifts weights near my sister or sister-n-law....then he smiles at me..I give him the . Then he walks away.
As long as he doesn't keep washing the same spot on himself in the shower!! LMAO..............

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 03-16-2010 at 07:52 PM..

Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
I know I'm looking too much into it but I honestly just don't feel comfortable directly going up to him right now. I'm taking baby steps. I blame that nasty fear of rejection.
Take baby steps if you want to? I'm sure you will do fine!!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
Quote:
you seem like a pretty intelligent person. dont get all TVSG on me now

Old 03-16-2010, 08:02 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Mango, was this the guy at the gym ? If so we need to talk.

http://www.xomba.com/files/images/image007.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
I don't know if this crossed anyone else's mind, but could the guy at the gym be TVSG?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
No thank you. You would be violating one of the few "me times and me places" I have. Ask for advice and gauge from there. But primping and acting like a clown in the corner will just get you snickered at.
What if I smack your ass....and smile and walk out of the gym.?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
You want to change the intensity of that exercise (machine leg curl)?

Point your toes, all the way, bottom to top and back again, KEEPING them pointed the entire time. When I say point the toes I mean when you're lying down and in starting position, point the toes as the wall behind your head, and keep them so they're pointing at the ceiling at the top of the motion. Maintain THAT position, all the way through.

Do a moderate-to-heavy weight for the first two sets, enough you feel the muscles pumping up, and then drop your weight by half and do two more sets with control, but as rapidly as you can while maintaining control, keeping those toes pointed the entire time, and double or triple your reps. Take a one-minute breather between those second two sets.

You'll see some results, but remember, that's for the leg bicep, not for the inner thighs.

Plyometrics are where it's at for inner thigh unless you're trying to build, not tone.

Forward Lunges can help with inner thigh despite that they're for quads and hams, if you do them right. The reason is because you have to exercise full-leg control to maintain proper position and balance while going through the full step.
I will do it! Tonight at the gym I watched the last bodybuilders and what they were doing. Holy crap the lady instructor for lifting weights has a six-pack! I asked her if I could touch it. She died laughing.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Squats ROCK!

There are a million and one exercises you can do for the legs, from this position and that position -- but in the end, the squat rack is where it's at.

If you do squats and you apply plyometrics three or four times a week your legs will have all the exercise they need to look hawwwwwt.
Yeah I tried some tonight. My sister was like what the hell are you doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships