Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 AM

622 posts, read 1,280,135 times

Advertisements

All the time. Its kind of ridiculous really. Lol. Multiple times a day if you count text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
5 or 6 a day.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,916 times
At LEAST two or three times a day...not counting texts and phone calls (after every single one) and he does the same!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:14 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
It was several times a day.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
It really depends on the person. If you are with someone who's overly affectionate, you are going to get "I love you's" all the time, if you are with someone who shows their affections in other ways then you aren't going to get that. I've been with both, my b/f now though isn't that "I love you" guy. He says it if I say it or every once in a blue moon he'll say it but, he shows his love in other ways. It's all good, the affection is nice but I don't miss it and I don't need to be constantly told I'm loved.

Now, with that said, my relationship with my kids is completely different. I tell them I lov them everyday, they know it and they say it to me too.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
At least once a day.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wow. What a bunch of hooey.
Probably guys who think their wives don't need to hear "I love you" are heading to divorce court.
Why is it that the wives/women are the ones that need to hear it and not vice versa?? At least, with the way you worded it. And what a silly reason for a woman to divorce her husband... "He didn't say 'I love you' enough to me!!"

I think being SHOWN that your partner loves you is far more meaningful than some words.. If they do both, then awesome! BUT.. if they dont show it to you, but they SAY it a lot.. then what does that mean? Not a whole lot, IMO. They can tell you I love you 10 times in one day and then cheat on you the next day.. whooptie do... but then you can have your ultra faithful partner who doesnt say it a whole lot, but holds you every night and plays with your hair until you fall asleep... I'll take the latter.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
Never because saying it does not mean you really feel it. I think couples who say I love you to their spouse 10 times a day are insecure. It is no different than the lady at the checkout desk at the grocery store who asks every customer "how are you?"

Instead of saying I love you countless times a day, a better approach is actually doing something that shows you mean it. Usually the couples who say "I love you" often are heading to divorce court.
Hmmm, then we should be on solid ground. We haven't said "I love you" to each other in 4 years. I know because that was when my husband left for GA to take some stuff to our new house while I stayed home with our newborn baby.

Yeah, I was just stewing about this today. I think I married some kind of non-emotional robot/ Spock-like creature. Things got worse lately since we moved out of state, he took a new job, and we now have 2 kids, but still, 4 years??? That is wack!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,950 times
Every Day,My Wife deserves better than Me. I tend to be way too damn selfish.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:33 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
I don't like to hear it all the time. I don't say it all the time either. But we tell or show each other, all the time, how much we love each other in other ways; it's obvious that we do.

I was once berated by an ex because my siblings and I, when we were living at home, wouldn't necessarily greet each other in a vocal way when one of us returned home. To me, we were so comfortable and close with each other, we didn't have to say, "Hi, So-and-so," "Hi, So-and-so." It seemed formal to do that. I don't know...

Anyway, it seems to me that the times we do say "I love you" to each other, it's right before we're falling asleep. Don't know what significance that has...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships