Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:21 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times

Advertisements

Just letting you guys know I made it out of Colorado. I went home real quick and got my uniforms and other stuff I'd forgotten behind. My car is packed...there is no room for anything!

I also went to the Police station and had pictures of bruises taken. They have gotten pretty bad overnight. My hip hurts like a mofo too.

I have cried here and there...especially when I think about the good times we had. But the bad outweigh the good so I guess it doesn't matter.

I want him out of my life for good. Next step will be file for divorce. I can't wait to be free of him legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,113 times
So good to hear from you. Great to hear you got your stuff and made a clean getaway. It's going to be a rollercoaster of emotions for a while but you will feel more confident about the future soon! <hug>

Old 05-16-2010, 10:45 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Just letting you guys know I made it out of Colorado. I went home real quick and got my uniforms and other stuff I'd forgotten behind. My car is packed...there is no room for anything!

I also went to the Police station and had pictures of bruises taken. They have gotten pretty bad overnight. My hip hurts like a mofo too.

I have cried here and there...especially when I think about the good times we had. But the bad outweigh the good so I guess it doesn't matter.

I want him out of my life for good. Next step will be file for divorce. I can't wait to be free of him legally.
That's too bad and I hope he gets what is coming to him. I hope you get to your destination safely and can get on with your life. Here is a road song for you.

YouTube - Blackfoot - Highway Song

Old 05-16-2010, 10:48 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
I saw his Facebook not too long ago and he's playing the victim and everyone is like "OMG what a crazy B she is...blah blah blah" Even his sister who got him in jail a few years ago for beating her up! Seriously? Now everyone thinks he is a saint and I am a psycho. Why do I care so much. I blocked everyone from his family from finding me on Facebook. I just hate this crap. He thinks he's done nothing wrong and his dumbass family and friends are all defending him! What the heck! His mom used to say "My son doesn't deserve you! He needs to treat you better" and now poor him?

This makes my blood boil.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
I saw his Facebook not too long ago and he's playing the victim and everyone is like "OMG what a crazy B she is...blah blah blah" Even his sister who got him in jail a few years ago for beating her up! Seriously? Now everyone thinks he is a saint and I am a psycho. Why do I care so much. I blocked everyone from his family from finding me on Facebook. I just hate this crap. He thinks he's done nothing wrong and his dumbass family and friends are all defending him! What the heck! His mom used to say "My son doesn't deserve you! He needs to treat you better" and now poor him?

I would scrap all your facebook and my space accounts and just not look or read what they have to say about you; I mean who cares what they think after all and good for you and you took the right step in getting away.
I hope things work out for you and stay safe.

Last edited by GTOlover; 05-16-2010 at 11:48 PM..

Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,883 times
I am gald you left it will be the best thing you will ever do. Stay strong and be proud of your self. People who are abusive are good at playing the victim, because they cant or will not take responsablity in anything they do. You are going to have a great and beautiful life now, rember you deserve it and dont look back or feel guilty. Blessings michelle

Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:

Just think about the source. Be grateful that you don't have to be stuck with any of these people. They're just as jacked up as he is or have no clue what's really happening.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,992 times
Quote:
Today I had to call the police after my husband pushed me while trying to take the dog away from me. I hit my right leg / hip on the side of the couch and fell over. I am in pain. I've been sitting all day.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

A couple weeks ago we got into an argument and he tried to choke me. That same day we argued again and he threw a glass at me - which missed me and ended up hitting the wall and making a hole.

He puts me down constantly. He calls me a Moderator cut: Snip! dumbass, an idiot, a dumb bltch, stupid bltch, weak etc. I am never good enough. I never do anything right. He always does it better. He is much better than me at everything. I will never get anywhere in life.

He's said he wanted to punch me in the Moderator cut: Snip!face and choke me. He talks about wanting to kill people. He's expressed his opinions about hitting women being an OKAY thing to do.

He's been to jail before for assault and harassment which were the 2 things he was charged with today. That incident involved someone else.

So why do I still feel guilty for sending him to jail? Why can't I realize I did the right thing?

Why am I so afraid nobody is going to believe me and he's going to walk away "free"?

Is this a normal? Should I be feeling this way?

I am so confused right now.

I've learned and seen that weak women tend to stick around unhealthy relationships becuase they think they can "change" the man, or think that things will get better. Thing is, any women who is a relationship like yours can find someone exceedingly better than you have right now. In older tradition, you're supposed to stay with your husband through thick and thin, but it's a different era. Leave him. I also don't mean to call you weak, but my friends have been in this situation and it only makes you look like the sucker.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:55 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:

Wow. He's a liar and delusional. Someone told me awhile ago if you keep saying lies long enough, you start to believe them.

I'm SO GLAD for your sake that you got away. This guy is a piece of work.

I hope you blocked his friends from seeing you, too.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:

They helped create the monster. My sister-in-law's ex-husband was the same kind of guy with the same kind of family. This was in Colorado, too! My sister-in-law left him after watching him scream in rage and attack his stepfather. It wasn't the first time, either. But when my sis left him, his mother and stepfather went from, "You're the best thing that ever happened to him" to "You broke his heart, you ungrateful b-tch."

Cut off all contact with his family, and force yourself not to look. They are as messed up as he is. Good for you for leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships