Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,702 posts, read 81,529,753 times

Advertisements

This thread has gotten way off the subject.

We're in somewhat affluent area east of Seattle, where many kids are given new cars for their 16th birthday and the median family income is $150,000.
We have seen very few pregnancies among high school girls, especially compared to when we lived in a similar area of California. What seems to be going on here is a lot of "playing around", mostly girls giving oral and that's about it. This comes from our kids and from confidential surveys which also revealed a lot of kids stealing and taking or selling the parents' pain pills.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,461,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yeah, I know about the US syphillis and gonorrhea tests.

None of those links seem like reputable sources. Do you have anything from a scholarly journal like the Lancet or Nature?
Quote:
or more likely, HIV is a natural virus
It's a subject that is under debate. The government has never said it was man made and yet cannot prove that it wasn't. This is off subject, though.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:34 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,653,844 times
Quote:
or more likely, HIV is a natural virus
HIV is infact a mutated strain of SIV.

Years ago I read in a medical journal that it was believed to have resulted from surgeries in the early 1900's. People had wealth and wanted to live longer. Some believed if they could replace organs they could live much longer. Experimental surgeries were illegal but money talks. It was suggested many or at least a few people had replacement organs from simians, some people did live a little longer. If you considered the lifespan was very low in those times, a couple weeks or years would mean a lot if you could throw money at it. If the organs were already infected with SIV anyone living a few weeks or years could have mutated the virus.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:47 AM

2 posts, read 5,923 times
i an so sorry to hear that ,most girls are become more precocious in this developing society..

Old 06-01-2011, 12:53 PM

951 posts, read 1,813,454 times
Default Why are teenage girls so easy these days?

They've been in training since they were in elementary school?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,154,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
I'm glad somebody here recognizes that there's a double standard when it comes to sexuality.

I think the question shouldn't be "why are teenage girls so easy these days" but rather "why does society continue to punish and look down on sexually-assertive women while it's okay for men to engage in the same behavior?"
The question should be "Why does society NOT punish and look down on sexually-assertive men like they do on women of the same character."

Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,035 times
I think it's sad that most girls don't value the gift of waiting until marriage anymore. Same goes for teen boys. I don't condone it when either sex does it. I think some of the reasons are that tv and media influence them to be that way. And sometimes girls will date boys who pressure them into doing things they ought not to. They'll manipulate them with things like "if you really love me you'll do it with me" and stuff like that.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,437,069 times
Maybe because I went to a female high school...LOL I knew quite a few prudes in high school...and I was one myself. I always got the impression from reading Judy Blume books that kids were a lot more promiscuous in the 70s than in subsequent generations.

It also seems to me that a lot of teens are becoming more religious and it's more OK to not have sex as teenager. YAY Of course, I don't have any teenagers and I don't hang out with them, but there are also a few stats: Virginity’s | News Issues Trends (http://newsissuestrends.com/tag/virginitys/ - broken link)

I seem to see a trend of more tunics and leggings and things like that instead of the midriff tops and miniskirts and short shorts (ew parents should be backslapped) I saw some girls wearing when I was in HS.

As far as wealthy kids being less promiscuous. Don't fool yourself. They're the worst.

I think it's a combo of a lot of money and parents who generally are not around. A bunch of teens with big, empty houses, lots of alcohol and excess mobility is not a pretty sight. Luckily, they also have better access to health care, as well as more at stake if they become young parents.

So, I think that for as long as our current society continues "teen pregnancy" will probably continue to be a phenomena of the lower classes.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:08 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,713,309 times
Agreed about the wealthy kids bit.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,700 times
"As far as wealthy kids being less promiscuous. Don't fool yourself. They're the worst."

Quote:
Agreed about the wealthy kids bit.
The guys are even in more demand than the jocks. I knew about 15 such guys in college, and a few thereafter. With only one exception, they all led a very active and varied sex life. The exception could have too, but was unexpectedly conventional - he had a gf and they went to her place - something that I was thankful for since my wealthy room mate the year before would lock me out of our room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships