Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,817,252 times

Advertisements

God bless em!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 AM

53 posts, read 54,642 times
well NOT all of us are so super easy

Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
Yes its a great time to be a teenaged boy. And the double standard is in effect as it always was.
I feel sorry for girls today. They are expected to sexually service the guys just so they can have a boyfriend and or be accepted by their peer groups. When older, most confess that they didnt even enjoy the sex!
I guess it depends on who you want your peers to be. All teen girls do not worship at the alter of Snooki.

Plenty of girls dress in skimpy clothes but are not having sex. Styles are cyclical and things were similar in the seventies, with hot pants, halter tops and platform shoes.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:53 AM

14 posts, read 16,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doglver View Post
From a mother's point of view watching the behaviour of the girls in our area, what is the deal with how easy girls make themselves for guys? Where have the morals gone to and the self esteem? I'm talking about good students with intact families that go to church, belong to clubs after school and plan on going to college but when it comes to guys, they give it up so easily before even dating and being in a committed relationship! A father I know found a maids costume, handcuffs and other "toys" in the back of his daughters car the other day. Of course the daughter said it didn't belong to her. Just a teenager! Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???

Because todays girls, and not just teenagers don't see it as a self esteem issue. Used to be that if you were a sl@t that people looked down on you. Today they call it casual dating and it's accepted as the norm with everyone or at least 95% of society. I don't know a single girl teenagers or adults that would wait more than 2-3 dates before they slept with a guy. Same can be said of guys.It's just the way things are today. Sad but true. If you protest or say it's wrong they call you a prude..lol..Insight as to what happened? The break up of the family unit, societies loosening on what is accepted and ( I know I'll get flamed for this) but taking God and prayer out of school. I'd tell parents, don't complain about your daughter or son sleeping around because you are ultimately responsible for not instilling good morals in them and not teaching them from an early age the differnce between right and wrong. It's called parenting and it's virtually non exitent these days.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruns View Post
Because todays girls, and not just teenagers don't see it as a self esteem issue. Used to be that if you were a sl@t that people looked down on you. Today they call it casual dating and it's accepted as the norm with
everyone or at least 95% of society. I don't know a single girl of any age that would wait past maybe 2-3 dates before they slept with a guy. It's just the way things are today. Sad but true. If you protest or say it's wrong they call you a prude..lol.
These are the people you know. Maybe expand your circle of friends to see other points of view and behavior.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:00 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,470,416 times
People should look at the correlation between family life and promiscuity among teenage girls. It could very well be a combination of things.

Personally, I think parents play a huge role in the relationship their daughters have with men. Kids see how their fathers treat their mothers and the role or lack their of - that fathers play. In general, if the relationship with dad isn't great or non existent, then the girls may never know how they should be treated by a man or how they should treat themselves. If they see their mother - who may have a revolving door of men in her life - the daughters may very well replicate that life.

Of course, there's always societies role. It seems to me, that being, dressing, or acting like a sl*t is not frowned upon by the media anymore. Not to mention that the mentality is changing towards being easy by people in general. If a young woman who dresses like a tramp is knocked up but doesn't know who the daddy is and if anyone says anything negative about it, you'll be labeled the dreaded "judgmental." Like being judgmental is worse than being a tramp... or so it seems.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM

14 posts, read 16,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
These are the people you know. Maybe expand your circle of friends to see other points of view and behavior.

I have a wide circle of friends .Sorry but it's a statement of fact not just a narrow view point. It's just a different day and age.No not EVERYONE is doing it but the vast majority of people are.

Last edited by rbruns; 05-02-2011 at 10:16 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Not to mention that the mentality is changing towards being easy by people in general. If a young woman who dresses like a tramp is knocked up but doesn't know who the daddy is and if anyone says anything negative about it, you'll be labeled the dreaded "judgmental." Like being judgmental is worse than being a tramp... or so it seems.
It doesn't bother me in the least to be called judgemental as long as I'm being honest. It may be politically incorrect to call these girls sl&ts but people are still thinking it. Then they grow up being damaged because of their behavior. This is not something to just be accepted.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:27 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doglver View Post
From a mother's point of view watching the behaviour of the girls in our area, what is the deal with how easy girls make themselves for guys? Where have the morals gone to and the self esteem? I'm talking about good students with intact families that go to church, belong to clubs after school and plan on going to college but when it comes to guys, they give it up so easily before even dating and being in a committed relationship! A father I know found a maids costume, handcuffs and other "toys" in the back of his daughters car the other day. Of course the daughter said it didn't belong to her. Just a teenager! Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???
I'm 21, so I haven't been out of my teens for that long, and it haven't changed much since I was;

My view is completely different. I've never knew any girl to be "slutty", sleep around and stuff in my teens. Girls know they can have any of the guys and so they do not need to "give it up" with someone unless they want to in the first place.

I can admit I was sort of a geek and hung around with the rest of the geeks mostly, but still I was never even close to the opportunity of getting laid with a teen, and when I finally lost my virginity in my late teens she was 5 years older, in the middle of her twenties.
I've still yet to do a teen, though I'm soon getting to old for em...

Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 AM

806 posts, read 2,342,159 times
I haven't read any of the replies yet,

but my guess is "LACK of parental guidance", Especially from a FATHER FIGURE......

I am starting to see it in the elementary school...
Little girls are running around "going out" with every boy in their class..
I ask my daughter who she is going out with or likes, she said "NO ONE!!!!"

Her daddy snuggles her, listens to her and TALKS to her about life.....(and boys!)

REAL FATHERS RULE!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships