Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 AM

213 posts, read 416,583 times

Advertisements

OP, you have a lot of issues going on. A lot of people have had difficult times in high school, the more you post about yourself, the more you're coming across self-pitying and pathetic.

I hope that some day you figure it all out and not let your past bad experiences be an excuse for not living your best life in the present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 01:32 PM

3 posts, read 3,282 times
"No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly."

"Horeta yoku-me ni ya abata mo ekubo"

Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 PM

44 posts, read 94,131 times
honey you are fine looking. You are young. and you have a different cultural/ethenic back ground. Because of your age im sure confidence and self assurance are an issue. Be paitent and before you know it you will have a family of your own. you might at times find yourself looking back at your single carefree years. Also asian? people are much more reserved and sheltered .than us wild and wreckless cacasions. usually that is . sorry about the spelling , you probally spell better than I. Just remember dont doubt yourself, dont get depressed, you will have all the relationship before you know it . be patient.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,260 times
Aren't you that guy from Harold and Kumar? What you doing here?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 PM

764 posts, read 1,556,986 times
I think your a good looking dude!

Old 06-15-2010, 03:02 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genx View Post
OP, you have a lot of issues going on. A lot of people have had difficult times in high school, the more you post about yourself, the more you're coming across self-pitying and pathetic.

I hope that some day you figure it all out and not let your past bad experiences be an excuse for not living your best life in the present.
I disagree. I think he is trying to explain parts of his life and when we first read his experience you assume that he is constantly living every moment of his day the way he wrote his past experiences on here. We can't really narrow a human being down into a specific category just by reading a few paragraphs about his life. I used to be misunderstood a lot by ignorant people also because they assumed things and based my whole life story off of a few short paragraphs. Pathetic is when you have to kick a man that's already down instead of giving him encouragement. Question? Are you a guy or a girl?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:28 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,984 times
You seem nice looking. Average. Nothing wrong with that...personality is what elevates someone from average to something special. I would read everything, experience any cultural activites I could and join any groups that seem reasonable. Good luck!

Old 06-20-2010, 03:00 AM

62 posts, read 79,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
You seem nice looking. Average. Nothing wrong with that...personality is what elevates someone from average to something special. I would read everything, experience any cultural activites I could and join any groups that seem reasonable. Good luck!

Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you said. I am currently planning on joining either the Marines or the Army after I am done with college. That, I hope, would be an eye opening experience for me.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:50 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
You are an attractive guy, so it's not your looks that's holding you back socially. In college there are numerous opportunities to join groups and get to know people. I'd explore that avenue first because college is one of the best places to meet people with common interests and get socially adept. I'm not sure I'd pursue the military after college though, especially when we are at war, and you want to meet women. I'd probably get a job and make social connections through that avenue. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships