Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 11:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Or woman with woman. Because lesbians are not exempt either.
Yes, however lesbians are of no consequence to Campbell because they are not at high risk for AIDS. Therefore, they don't help his argument - they actually hurt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 01:25 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This is a quote from the article you posted.

Government analysts acknowledged the data could be flawed: The men were recruited only at dance clubs, bars, city shopping centers and gay-and-lesbian community centers, so the true rates for all young gay and bisexual men could be higher or lower.

Like I said - there is no point in talking to you. I'm a peaceful, kind, tolerant person. If I thought there was any point in talking to you - I would continue to do so. I was merely trying to point out the flaws in your own "evidence." I leave you to your bigotry.

You said they only interviewed gays from bars. Yet it is obvious they interviewed them from a number of places. It's also obvious, the article stated that the numbers could be lower, or higher. And the spread of this sickness has nothing to do with bigotry. It has everything to do with the dismissal of the God of the Bible, and His commands. And those commands are a common sense approach to keeping people safe. The gay lifestyle without question has brought about the death of millions, yet you want to ignore those facts. So I will leave you with your politically correct denials. Truly, some would rather see millions die, rather then acknowledge that the Bibles laws of living pure lives before God would save millions. And your belief that there are flaws in my evidence, cannot cover up the over all evidence, that the gay lifestyle is killing millions of people.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:30 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I'll bet you would be happier than a pig in poop if AIDS really was strictly a gay disease and only killed gays, wouldn't you?...Your posts have nothing to do with anything but bigotry.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You've proved nothing except that you are prejudiced against gay people and seem to like trolling the net for any opinion piece you can use to support your prejudice whether it's based on any real facts or not.

...And that you like to quote irrelevant out-of-context bible verses that have nothing to do with homosexuality.

And you have proven to me that you support a lifestyle that has caused so much death and evil in the world. Yet, such deaths do not appear to be a concern to you. And that is because, it is the lifestyle that is of greater value to you. And Scripture has stated, that living a life of moral purity before the Lord would of protected those who are now dead. And that you consider irrelevant?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'll bet you would be happier than a pig in poop if AIDS really was strictly a gay disease and only killed gays, wouldn't you?...Your posts have nothing to do with anything but bigotry.
Homosexuality is just part of the Aids problem. And Scripture tells us that such a lifestyle should be avoided. Most homosexuals have numerous gay lovers. And that is because the lifestyle has more to do with lust then love. It is a lifestyle that is destructive, and dangerous.

Among men who have sex with men, there has been a steady rise in new infections since the early 1990s. After analyzing 25 earlier studies on sexual orientation and mental health, research, in a study published in the medical journal BMC Psychiatry, also found that the risk of suicide jumped over 200% if an individual had engaged in a homosexual lifestyle. These are facts, and not bigotry. And you can keep saying my post are just about bigotry as long as you are willing to ignore the dangers of the homosexual lifestyle, and the facts.

Thoughts and Theology: Statistics on Gays, AIDS and other STDs

Old 08-14-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You said they only interviewed gays from bars.
I said gay bars and the like. Please try to read posts more carefully before you comment on them.

If AIDS is just a gay disease - then aren't you happy? Aren't you happy that a disease is killing all these people that are ignoring your version of the bible?
And if it is just a gay disease - why do heterosexuals get it, too? If it is a gay disease - only gays should be able to get it - and that is not the case.
AIDS is not spread because people are ignoring the bible. It is cause through unprotected sex, blood transfusions, and such things as sharing unclean needles. Gay, straight, men, women, children - are all able to contract this horrific disease.
By the way - I ignore the Bible - and I don't have AIDS. I actually have a really good life and am surrounded my love. Oh well.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:11 PM

Campbell - do you know any gay people? I mean really know them - like have any friends or family members that are gay?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you have quoted scripture so it is hardly fair of you to demand that posters to not do the same.
as to using the bible to justify homosexuality, it would indeed take a very good lawyer to use the bible to prove that christianity supports any form of sexual behavior, in that christianity, in its original form, is an eastern monastic practice (jewish sect albeheit unpopular) rooted, like all monastic practice, in rejecting all sexuality.
What utter nonsense! The Bible teaches that sex between a husband & wife, whether for procreation or pleasure, is not sinful or forbidden, but rather a gift from God.

Song of Solomon
Proverbs 5
Hebrews 13

Old 08-14-2010, 02:58 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What utter nonsense! The Bible teaches that sex between a husband & wife, whether for procreation or pleasure, is not sinful or forbidden, but rather a gift from God.
As was, I suppose, the sex that must have transpired between Cain and his mother or sister.

Ahhhh! A gift from god.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:21 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I said gay bars and the like. Please try to read posts more carefully before you comment on them.

If AIDS is just a gay disease - then aren't you happy? Aren't you happy that a disease is killing all these people that are ignoring your version of the bible?
And if it is just a gay disease - why do heterosexuals get it, too? If it is a gay disease - only gays should be able to get it - and that is not the case.
AIDS is not spread because people are ignoring the bible. It is cause through unprotected sex, blood transfusions, and such things as sharing unclean needles. Gay, straight, men, women, children - are all able to contract this horrific disease.
By the way - I ignore the Bible - and I don't have AIDS. I actually have a really good life and am surrounded my love. Oh well.
Aren't you forgetting, a horny heterosexual will turn gay one night, have random unprotected sex, then get the disease, turn straight again then give it to their partner.

That's how the anti gays will respond. What's interesting is that there's been some talk on here of trying to find 'strategies' to keep homosexuals celibate because sodomy and fornication are the world's great evils(again the anti gay belief) but there are many heterosexuals whom engage in premarital, anal and oral sex. Mind you responsible sex, in any form will highly decrease, if not nearly eliminate, one's chances of contracting the disease. Interesting that posters like Nikk and Campbell talk about how it's because people aren't following the bible, yet most atheists, agnostics and other non christians aren't promiscuous and don't have an STD.
Those on here that oppose homosexuality are really just flipping crap in a futile attempt to try and 'justify' their prejudices.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 08-14-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality